Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Nov 14, 2019 at 10:29 AM Post #31,456 of 36,039
Head Fi gets the news first! Better start budgeting accordingly if you want to get something.​

Black Friday Website.jpg

Nov 14, 2019 at 11:27 AM Post #31,458 of 36,039
Should’ve waited to order my Falcons.., I guess I’ll have to buy a second set for my wife.
Check the fine print. You did fine, already buying the Falcons.

Nov 14, 2019 at 12:20 PM Post #31,459 of 36,039
Check the fine print. You did fine, already buying the Falcons.

Thanks..i saw this on my phone so the fine print is illegible. I figured 20% off the Falcons is tantamount to giving them away. I’ll probably still order a second set for my wife.

Nov 14, 2019 at 3:01 PM Post #31,460 of 36,039
Thanks..i saw this on my phone so the fine print is illegible. I figured 20% off the Falcons is tantamount to giving them away. I’ll probably still order a second set for my wife.

No shame, I'm even ordering two sets internally for my lady and I!

Shh.

Nov 14, 2019 at 7:18 PM Post #31,461 of 36,039
Quite excited! I just listed my oBravo Cupids for sale and ordered the M3s he he he he :ksc75smile:

Nov 15, 2019 at 12:23 AM Post #31,462 of 36,039
That’s very interesting. I’ve been eyeing them waiting for more reviews and didn’t have the money to jump on that used set that popped up. I’m looking for a replacement for my long loved Savants just for something different. (Still love my Savants and listening to them right now)

Hmm... once some $ clears from a sale maybe I’ll order a set.

If I may ask, what kind of music did you audition them with?
Just found your post, sorry for the delayed response. I auditioned them with a pretty eclectic collection: Bernie Worrell Bass, Diana Krall jazz, Chicago & EWF for horns, Stevie Ray Vaughn for guitar, & Axiom Funk for Drums....

Nov 15, 2019 at 12:52 AM Post #31,463 of 36,039
I have been checking the website every hour and will continue to do so, in hopes of finding some Wizard made M3's . . .I can't wait to get some of those in my ears!
I just ordered them and am giddy with excitement. But I'm reading all the comments on the Savant IIs and wondering if I'm buying and upgrade, a side grade or entirely different sound. Not quitenready to outlay for Kahns....

Nov 15, 2019 at 1:40 AM Post #31,464 of 36,039
Just found your post, sorry for the delayed response. I auditioned them with a pretty eclectic collection: Bernie Worrell Bass, Diana Krall jazz, Chicago & EWF for horns, Stevie Ray Vaughn for guitar, & Axiom Funk for Drums....

Thanks. I was asking as I listen to a lot of baroque music and modern classical/crossover stuff and am always interested to hear what others' impressions are based on. I have the EE Legend X which I would assume would be great for rock but the DD really adds to music by people like Olafur Arnalds and Max Richter.. I ended up with the Massdrop K10 instead of the M3 and the K10s are fantastic in the midrange for the baroque stuff. So crystal clear with nice treble extension and a weighty enough bass and great tonality on cellos and the theorbo.
I am really interested in the Tux5 and Khan as well now as I've never heard Noble's hybrids and I really like Noble's tuning in the 5 models I've owned over the years.

Nov 15, 2019 at 2:19 AM Post #31,465 of 36,039
Since you're such a fan of Baroque, if you don't already know him, Check out Jacques Lossier. Bach and other Baroque composers in a jazz but respectful style. I have a few of his albums live them all and particularly "Baroque Favorites"

Nov 16, 2019 at 6:13 AM Post #31,466 of 36,039
for those planing on getting a falcon and plan on changing the tips i recommend getting the radius deep mount tips. They fit well, the case closes without problems for charging. I tried using my goto tips the AZLA sedaearfits on them but their just too long granted the case closes but they wont charge unless you have earphones pushed down. the deep mounts feel similar to the AZLA sedaearfits which was also nice

Nov 16, 2019 at 1:17 PM Post #31,467 of 36,039
Since you're such a fan of Baroque, if you don't already know him, Check out Jacques Lossier. Bach and other Baroque composers in a jazz but respectful style. I have a few of his albums live them all and particularly "Baroque Favorites"

Thanks! Very interesting take. The Bach stuff is very innovative. I’ll definitely check out more.

Nov 16, 2019 at 1:20 PM Post #31,468 of 36,039
for those planing on getting a falcon and plan on changing the tips i recommend getting the radius deep mount tips. They fit well, the case closes without problems for charging. I tried using my goto tips the AZLA sedaearfits on them but their just too long granted the case closes but they wont charge unless you have earphones pushed down. the deep mounts feel similar to the AZLA sedaearfits which was also nice

I have Falcons on the way so it’s great to hear of new ear tip options. Where do you get those? I can only seem to find them at a place in Japan but they don’t ship except through a forwarding service.

Nov 16, 2019 at 7:41 PM Post #31,469 of 36,039
I have Falcons on the way so it’s great to hear of new ear tip options. Where do you get those? I can only seem to find them at a place in Japan but they don’t ship except through a forwarding service.

Something to consider, all ear canals are unique. Not everyone's experience will be the same. My thoughts are, wait until you get your Falcons, test drive them.... and if you want to tip roll after that.... go crazy

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Nov 17, 2019 at 1:07 AM Post #31,470 of 36,039
Damn.

I had the Massdrop x Noble X IEMs, but I was never really able to give them a shot. Fit issues, then the lack of opportunities to use IEMs regularly.
Recently, Massdrop had the Kaiser 10 one sale and I jumped on them for no specific reason other than curiosity.

What a sound. They're VERY pleasant to listen to. My main genre is technical death metal, which is tricky to find IEMs for: typically, treble- and mid-focused units are the key. For example, my Etymotic ER4XRs. Bass just needs to be there and accurate, but not overblown.

I won't say the Kaiser 10s are this. But DAMN. They've really changed the way I think about what an ideal IEM is for me, and also about fit: prior to them, I didn't realize I could even GET a fit from a UIEM which didn't have a small-bore nozzle (e.g. Westone, Etymotics). With foam tips, my horizons broaden significantly, which what I finally tried with the K10s.

This, in turn, made me dust-up my Campfire Audio Atlas to also finally give them a good shot, but the bass on these is just too much. On the K10s, it's sweet. On the Atlas, it's there, and everywhere. Not that these IEMs are comparable in any way whatsoever, but I gave them both a good go recently, so...

I still need to make my mind up on the cable. And I don't like the idea of being 100% reliant on foam tips. But that's the reality of it now for me to get a fit.

I'll continue using the K10s; I have the balanced cable with it, and will soon get the adapter to connect it to my amp at work. I'm really looking forward to trying this out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back