Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Oct 22, 2019 at 1:03 PM Post #31,308 of 36,040
Y’all better be jelly because two of these beautiful wooden shells are soon going to envelop my Katana
I'm jelly! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Oct 22, 2019 at 1:23 PM Post #31,309 of 36,040
Just to recap, if anyone missed my earlier post. . .if you are on the fence about the Savant II, don't hesitate and buy it. These things are insane, and keep blowing me away, song after song. The weight and euphonic texture of the notes, is intoxicating. Any song I throw at them, no matter the genre, they handle with ease, and sound damn near perfect. The air and separation in the mids is awesome, and sounds explode from a pitch black background, from all directions around my head. The sound is so immersive and fun, I just can't take these out of my ears, and keep saying one more song. . .song after song. :ksc75smile:

Oct 22, 2019 at 2:03 PM Post #31,310 of 36,040
The bottom one in the last picture looks like it's going to turn out to be a stunner. Where is it's partner?
Screenshot 2019-10-22 at 18.45.34.png Screenshot 2019-10-22 at 18.28.06.png

This is the combination I asked for hehe

Oct 22, 2019 at 2:58 PM Post #31,311 of 36,040
So now the pressing question

My Khan has some weird sockets that only work with extra long pins, so the standard 2pin terminations make the cable pop out all the time. Currently the only cable I've found that works with it is the Noble 8 wire

As I really like aftermarket cables, I can either sell said Khan at a low price (like 1200 euros or so), or I can double down and get the prestige treatment for it as well, fixing the socket issue, and opening a world of possibility for it :D

What do you boys think?

Oct 22, 2019 at 3:07 PM Post #31,312 of 36,040

My Khan has some weird sockets that only work with extra long pins, so the standard 2pin terminations make the cable pop out all the time. Currently the only cable I've found that works with it is the Noble 8 wire

As I really like aftermarket cables, I can either sell said Khan at a low price (like 1200 euros or so), or I can double down and get the prestige treatment for it as well, fixing the socket issue, and opening a world of possibility for it :D

What do you boys think?
Using my Khan with DHC Clone Fusion Cu/silver without any issue. Stock cable sounds just ok.
3rd party sounds much better.
Well, you can sell your Khan to me for 600. Hehehe.

Oct 22, 2019 at 3:26 PM Post #31,313 of 36,040

What do you boys think?

I just got a Khan myself, I'd 100% get the prestige if that's in your price wheelhouse...I don't think the Khan's sound is going to get old anytime soon :) really awesome IEM

Oct 22, 2019 at 3:36 PM Post #31,314 of 36,040
Using my Khan with DHC Clone Fusion Cu/silver without any issue. Stock cable sounds just ok.
3rd party sounds much better.
Well, you can sell your Khan to me for 600. Hehehe.
When it comes to sound, I do like it, but I much prefer the Katana

In my case there's an issue with the sockets, as almost every cable I tried would almost instantly pop out :/

I just got a Khan myself, I'd 100% get the prestige if that's in your price wheelhouse...I don't think the Khan's sound is going to get old anytime soon :) really awesome IEM
It is, but I'm not sure if I am ready to spend the money for two prestiges :D

Oct 22, 2019 at 3:36 PM Post #31,315 of 36,040
Just to recap, if anyone missed my earlier post. . .if you are on the fence about the Savant II, don't hesitate and buy it. These things are insane, and keep blowing me away, song after song. The weight and euphonic texture of the notes, is intoxicating. Any song I throw at them, no matter the genre, they handle with ease, and sound damn near perfect. The air and separation in the mids is awesome, and sounds explode from a pitch black background, from all directions around my head. The sound is so immersive and fun, I just can't take these out of my ears, and keep saying one more song. . .song after song. :ksc75smile:

Totally agree
Amazing sound

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Oct 22, 2019 at 3:47 PM Post #31,316 of 36,040
When it comes to sound, I do like it, but I much prefer the Katana

In my case there's an issue with the sockets, as almost every cable I tried would almost instantly pop out :/

It is, but I'm not sure if I am ready to spend the money for two prestiges :D

Yeah I think 2 prestiges at once is a bit decadent, but hey, if you want to and you can...do it! Or just hold on to the universals and then when you see how awesome your other prestige turns out get it then.

Oct 22, 2019 at 3:49 PM Post #31,317 of 36,040

What do you boys think?

If you like Khan I send to fixing problem with socket. I agree cable are most important, and I don't sound on stock cable, always prefer all Noble and other IEM/CIEM on diy cable and Effect Audio.

Oct 22, 2019 at 3:57 PM Post #31,318 of 36,040
If you like Khan I send to fixing problem with socket. I agree cable are most important, and I don't sound on stock cable, always prefer all Noble and other IEM/CIEM on diy cable and Effect Audio.

I agree, the cable seems to make a pretty huge difference with the Khan, I'd definitely fix that whether you prestige or not

Oct 22, 2019 at 3:59 PM Post #31,319 of 36,040
I agree, the cable seems to make a pretty huge difference with the Khan, I'd definitely fix that whether you prestige or not
I’ve decided to post it for sale in the end at a heavily discounted price (1300 euros) as it doesn’t suit my preferences so well and I have plenty of IEMs already :)

Will probably use the money to upgrade my Katana’s cable

Here is the link if anyone is interested btw! https://www.head-fi.org/threads/noble-khan-cheap.917650/

Oct 22, 2019 at 4:03 PM Post #31,320 of 36,040
I’ve decided to post it for sale in the end at a heavily discounted price (1300 euros) as it doesn’t suit my preferences so well and I have plenty of IEMs already :)

Will probably use the money to upgrade my Katana’s cable

Here is the link if anyone is interested btw! https://www.head-fi.org/threads/noble-khan-cheap.917650/

Probably a smart move, no sense in keeping 2 IEMs that check the same sort of boxes. Out of curiosity, what do you prefer about the Katana?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back