1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!

1. Watagump

It was your Solaris and Roxanne I listened to. The Roxanne was my least favorite, the Solaris and Phantom were both good but I would need much longer testing to find a winner out of them both. Sensitivity was high on the Phantom also, but I didn't recall any hiss this time as I did with the Zeus. I turned it down into the 90's on my AK player, I use 108 for my K10 and 112 for the Khan.

2. Slim1970
    Thanks everyone for the replies. The Khan seems like the way to go. Now I need to get an audition.

3. BananaOoyoo
    There isn’t really a bad choice there. If you do get the Khan, I’d make sure you get one with the new sockets though :wink:

4. CreditingKarma
    Yes I agree I like the Solaris more than the Roxanne. The Roxanne sounds really warm after the Solaris and Khan. If I start with the Roxanne is is pretty good just a really different sound signature. I am sure that there are some that like the Roxanne more I loved it when I got it but now I find it a bit too warm. Hell i think it is actually a good bit warmer than my LCD 4z.

To each their own though that is what makes this a great hobby. We all hear differently.

5. Watagump

How does one go about that? :thinking:

6. toaster22
    Hmm...very bold statement. I see you're referring to the universal, but I will say that the A18 are truly stunning all-around iems.

At the moment, the Khan, Solaris, and Z1R are on my list of 'curious to try."

Still love my Noble Wizard K10c...don't think I can ever go back to universals, but curious to hear them!

Last edited: Apr 17, 2019
  7. BananaOoyoo
    You tell me - you're the one who said there are socket changes in the works :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

8. Watagump

I plead the 5th your honor.

9. BananaOoyoo
    36EB0FBC-BE7F-4F75-B051-F5A87E816A90.gif

Watagump likes this.
  10. Slim1970
    New sockets??

11. Watagump

The sockets on the Khan are being beefed up due to Noble not being happy with the durability.

12. BananaOoyoo
    There have been a couple Khan owners in Korea and another few in Hong Kong who have had their 2-pin sockets partially melt. It seems like Noble is on top of things in updating the parts, but I'd try and make sure you get the revised version (and not one already floating around at distributors).

13. scook94
    Are you sure "melt" is the correct term?

WhatToChoose likes this.
  14. BananaOoyoo
    It's how the owners described it. Looks like the area around the pins melted off.

4A742355-FA38-4AD6-8F7A-C66B0F5F45F2.jpeg F2FDCDD8-0506-49B3-A95A-07347F174693.jpeg

15. Watagump

Did this happen to people only swapping cables? Mine didn't do that, and I have number 002, but I didn't ever take off the stock cable since its already an SPC Litz.