Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Mar 29, 2014 at 7:18 PM Post #2,941 of 36,036
Dude, congrats!!! You must let me know how they sound when you get them. I'm leaning heavily towards a pair..
Congrats:wink: Now I am looking forward to receive mine !~

Thanks! Thanks! I am so happy now! :D
Sound wise, or should I say music wise I don't think there are any better IEM's or CIEM's out there for me.

tupac0306:
What design did you go for?

kh600rr:
What design are you thinking about?

Mar 29, 2014 at 8:37 PM Post #2,944 of 36,036
Thanks! Thanks! I am so happy now! :D
Sound wise, or should I say music wise I don't think there are any better IEM's or CIEM's out there for me.

tupac0306:
What design did you go for?

kh600rr:
What design are you thinking about?

A very pretty reprint :wink: my favorite wizard design so far .

Mar 29, 2014 at 10:18 PM Post #2,946 of 36,036
I just got an e-mail from Brannan, and this is the essence:

"..to inform you that your impressions will accommodate the K10. Once we receive your order, we will begin crafting your CIEMs.."

Wow! I can't describe how happy and relieved I am!
It was uncertain if the K10's could fit or not.. as them ears are small and one of the ear canals is quite narrow and small.. but now I know they will fit!
biggrin.gif

New mental phase.. how should they look? Wizard's design.. my own.. look like a million bucks, or something that people would'n look twice at if they even noticed at all..?

OMG.. I am so happy that I have this "problem" figuring out the design!!  
biggrin.gif

I remember really really struggling with my local audiologist to get impressions that were deep enough because of my ears.  Have not heard from Noble by e-mail about if the impressions I've sent in will work, but it is really reassuring to see them go the extra mile.

Part of the reason for going with Noble has been their dedication to staying connected with customers and fans.  It won me over by leaps and bounds.

There's a small portion of your order form which you can use to make requests for the Wizard design.  Their design options are there in plenty which can make it attractive to design something using the available options, but I wanted to have an IEM artisan have final control over the product.  Something to be said about the ratio of drool on my desk to wizard designs I see on their facebook steered me into spending the extra $$$

Mar 30, 2014 at 10:42 AM Post #2,948 of 36,036
I remember really really struggling with my local audiologist to get impressions that were deep enough because of my ears.  Have not heard from Noble by e-mail about if the impressions I've sent in will work, but it is really reassuring to see them go the extra mile.

Part of the reason for going with Noble has been their dedication to staying connected with customers and fans.  It won me over by leaps and bounds.

There's a small portion of your order form which you can use to make requests for the Wizard design.  Their design options are there in plenty which can make it attractive to design something using the available options, but I wanted to have an IEM artisan have final control over the product.  Something to be said about the ratio of drool on my desk to wizard designs I see on their facebook steered me into spending the extra $$$

To drop this amount of money it surly helps that they are helpful and nice in general.. :wink:

I've been thinking about Wizard's design my self.. only thing I'm thinking about.. would't it be wise to have a dull design to avoid attention from not so friendly people when out and about? Or maybe the iDevice and Hugo will be sufficient to draw attention anyway..

Mar 30, 2014 at 11:33 AM Post #2,950 of 36,036
To drop this amount of money it surly helps that they are helpful and nice in general.. :wink:

I've been thinking about Wizard's design my self.. only thing I'm thinking about.. would't it be wise to have a dull design to avoid attention from not so friendly people when out and about? Or maybe the iDevice and Hugo will be sufficient to draw attention anyway..

I don't think most people will want to steal ciems even if they are flashy (hygiene concerns). You may get some funny looks, since most people don't even know there is such a thing.

Mar 30, 2014 at 11:40 AM Post #2,952 of 36,036
Sadly, your optimism is misguided. Certain lowlifes will, indeed, steal CIEMs at any opportunity. They're too ignorant to even pause to think that they won't fit - all they see is a potential fast buck or shiny acquisition.

Sure, there are always people like that, but I am not misguided, and I never just leave mine sitting around unattended.

Mar 30, 2014 at 11:59 AM Post #2,954 of 36,036

Sadly, your optimism is misguided. Certain lowlifes will, indeed, steal CIEMs at any opportunity. They're too ignorant to even pause to think that they won't fit - all they see is a potential fast buck or shiny acquisition.

I've been going this way for a few years now - as a remote working software dev, I must have racked up at least a couple thousand hours in a few dozen cafes I've frequented, mostly around San Diego and NYC.  

Simple rule of thumb - I always ask someone to watch my stuff whenever I have to take a bathroom break or step outside for a call.  Usually the cutest girl sitting within close proximity :wink: 

I started doing this btw with some Ultrasone Edition 8s... now those I had real fear of walking off.  I suggest starting this exercise with some Beat Solos (the Ford F-250 of the headphone world methinks) and progress from there.

Mar 30, 2014 at 1:13 PM Post #2,955 of 36,036
I've been going this way for a few years now - as a remote working software dev, I must have racked up at least a couple thousand hours in a few dozen cafes I've frequented, mostly around San Diego and NYC.  

Simple rule of thumb - I always ask someone to watch my stuff whenever I have to take a bathroom break or step outside for a call.  Usually the cutest girl sitting within close proximity :wink: 

I started doing this btw with some Ultrasone Edition 8s... now those I had real fear of walking off.  I suggest starting this exercise with some Beat Solos (the Ford F-250 of the headphone world methinks) and progress from there.

Whoa.... What's wrong with the f-250?
:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back