1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!

1. Watagump

Ironic you mentioned lack of bass, the brief moment I tried the HD800 I thought where is the bass. To be fair though, they had a jazz tune going at the time, so it could have been the track.

DaveStarWalker likes this.
  2. Rowethren
    To be honest even the HD800S which supposedly "fixes" the bass still hasn't got enough in my opinion. I could well be a bass head though considering how much I love the K10 and Meze Empyrean. Both of which have a pretty decent quantity of bass.

3. Watagump

Now that I think about it, it may have even been the S I tested, the show was in 2016. The Sennheiser booth was right in front of us.

4. Rowethren
    Black is the S and Silver is the original if that helps.

5. DaveStarWalker
    Beware, The tuning of the K10 and the Kaiser Encore are very (I mean very) different.

The k10 is very (I mean very) bassy compared to the Encore's, which are ligntning fast and airier, by comparaison too.

6. Redcarmoose
    I auditioned the HD800 with the t-shirt mod on a 100K vinyl rig, it did have bass. Still I think the Encore has something more special. It’s like the HD800 with the neutrality and technicality but.......the upper mids and highs are more forgiving and natural? IMO

To me the Encore is more fun.

7. DaveStarWalker
    The HD800 is very dependant of the amplification.

If it's correctly drived, you can have some serious bass.

But... it is not a bassy headphone, that's a matter of fact... and the Encore's too :)

8. Rowethren
    I did demo the Encore, although quite a long time ago, and they do have less bass than the K10 but I still felt they had a fair bit more heft to the sound than the HD800.

I have said this before in other threads but real live music bass you can feel through your whole body but more than that it has some serious weight to it, for example the bass drum kicks should really hammer home like they do in reality and a double bass should make your whole body want to move with the energy of the sound. If headphones don't have this impact to them they aren't for me as they just don't sound like real music in my opinion.

9. y2jdmbfan
    Does anyone have any suggestions for a USB-C to 3.5mm adapter / DAC which will drive the Kaiser Encore properly?

10. Watagump
    If people have Tidal I can recommend some stuff that gives serious bass for testing. These are the kind of things used in SPL completions for car audio. I wish Tidal had SPL Shootout, that's the one I have on a CD and have ripped and put on my AK 240.

Wicked Bass by Bass Citation

USAC bass has various artists

Both will show up using Tidal's search.

11. 35FLE
    Its getting closer to March are the Khan's on schedule to be shipped then?

12. sphinxsix
    Hi everybody :smile_phones: I just bought these:

[​IMG]

- Massdrop X Noble X IEMs based solely on reviews. I wanted sound on the smooth/polite side of neutral and wasn't disappointed. These are by far the best cans I ever owned and my second IEMs (first being cheap Sony some years ago). I spent a couple of hours recently setting EQ curves on my laptop (JRiver) and phone (Neutron). The sound is now really good although on both devices they needed some EQ-ing mainly to improve their low end which isn't that impressive (I'm not a bass head but I like even, well extended low frequencies). Yet I have a problem - I tried all 5 Noble tips that were in the Massdrop box and only the large silicone ones fit my ears (the large, black foam ones just fall out after a while). However after some experimenting I came to the conclusion that they might be not optimal either so I've browsed through the 29 pages of the 'Best IEM tips' thread :) The most recommended tips there seem to be Shure Olives or Black Foams and different Comply models. I will concentrate on the Shures as I don't fancy the idea of changing tips every 2 weeks or so which seems to be a necessity in case of the Complies. I wonder - first of all would the Sure tips fit my IEMs? And secondly are there any substantial differences between Olives and Black Foams as far as the sound quality and comfort are regarded (I can get both in Europe where I live)? I wouldn't mind a little more bass in particular low bass. Will appreciate your response, guys. Cheers.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
    Rowethren likes this.
  13. SteelerFan58
    I just got my UPS tracking number for my Khan’s. Supposed to show up Wednesday.

I ordered them the minute the Noble site went live for orders back in November.

krismusic and Sebastien Chiu like this.
  14. Watagump

I guess the cat is out of the bag now. :wink:

Sebastien Chiu likes this.
  15. 35FLE
    :astonished: I'm looking forward to my shipment confirmation!

Sebastien Chiu likes this.