Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
May 11, 2018 at 2:57 PM Post #27,317 of 36,036
I'm trying to be patient, and really hope they are worth the wait...
I listened to them at CanJam NYC last year, which is what convinced me to upgrade from my UERR after receiving my tax refund this year. I don't know if you've demoed them personally, but from my experience, nothing at CanJam last year and this year is quite as good as the Kaiser Encores. As for build quality, Noble is the undisputed king of the hill in my opinion. It's fair to have high expectations, given how much the reviewers and everyone else have been praising these, but Noble will blow those expectations out of the water, this much I'm sure.

May 11, 2018 at 7:11 PM Post #27,318 of 36,036
How many of you have or have bought the round case John came out with? I still consider it the best case I have ever had. I have my customs in it, stock cable now a days, but also a safety pin to clean the bores and a desiccate in it. Knock on wood, I have yet to crush mine and break them like I have in the past using another case.

May 11, 2018 at 7:17 PM Post #27,319 of 36,036
How many of you have or have bought the round case John came out with? I still consider it the best case I have ever had. I have my customs in it, stock cable now a days, but also a safety pin to clean the bores and a desiccate in it. Knock on wood, I have yet to crush mine and break them like I have in the past using another case.
I have not, I've been using my UE aluminum puck that came with my UERR. That thing is nearly indestructible, and has been to nearly every continent with me (except Antarctica and Africa) over the last 3 years.

May 11, 2018 at 7:23 PM Post #27,320 of 36,036
I have not, I've been using my UE aluminum puck that came with my UERR. That thing is nearly indestructible, and has been to nearly every continent with me (except Antarctica and Africa) over the last 3 years.

I was using this one, its the one I cracked mine twice. Customs are larger, so universals might fit without issues.

4451-IMG3494s-1.jpg

May 11, 2018 at 7:32 PM Post #27,321 of 36,036
I was using this one, its the one I cracked mine twice. Customs are larger, so universals might fit without issues.

4451-IMG3494s-1.jpg
roundcase-desktop.png

My only complaint is the squeaking noise it makes when I close it and open it, because of the rubber ring, but I got over it. For the amount of protection and convenience it offers, it's a small caveat.

Last edited:
May 11, 2018 at 7:35 PM Post #27,323 of 36,036
My only complaint is the squeaking noise it makes when I close it and open it, because of the rubber ring, but I got over it. For the amount of protection and convenience it offers, it's a small caveat.

Anyone reading this, I wouldn't use it for customs, that's from first hand experience. Oh, that's the other case, yeah I almost got one, looks solid. I checked one out someone had at CanJam Socal 2016.

Last edited:
May 11, 2018 at 7:43 PM Post #27,325 of 36,036
Yeah the UE plastic case isn't good for customs.

The one I was using isn't plastic. The material isn't the issue, at least for me, it looked bigger inside than it is. Plus it is curved so it has less room around the outside diameter. Visually it looks bigger than the Noble case, but inside area, it isn't.

May 11, 2018 at 8:03 PM Post #27,326 of 36,036
The one I was using isn't plastic. The material isn't the issue, at least for me, it looked bigger inside than it is. Plus it is curved so it has less room around the outside diameter. Visually it looks bigger than the Noble case, but inside area, it isn't.
You cracked a metal case? I'm interested in finding out what you did to them, or what someone else did to them, I've never seen aluminum crack under normal conditions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back