1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!

1. Redcarmoose
    I can only imagine how difficult it would be to have a business and deal with the likes of headphone-enthusiasts. (If headphone-enthusiasts could only see themselves for the true way they are).....lol

Then find time for R/D...advertising, shows, customer support and quality control. Not to mention the trials of putting new and innovative product to market!

I’m sure I simply left out 100 other things, not to mention personal life. I owned my own business at one point in the past, and even though you don’t have a grumpy boss to contend with, those 13 hours days start to add up quick and run together. At times I didn’t know if an was coming or going. So this gives me an extra level of respect for business owners adding magical inventions to the Head-Fi community. Not to mention credit due for those small little art-forms we stick in our ear for a musical experience like no other................as a direct result of their effort.

Cheers!

Last edited: May 10, 2018
    Stranger Than Fiction likes this.
  2. Stranger Than Fiction
    In Noble’s defence I was working freelance for an upstart Perth craft brewery, writing their website. I found myself entirely frustrated at the lack of contact as it was a skeleton crew working to get things up and running in what was a (too) narrow timeframe. Of the 15 balls being juggled I was one of a few that was dropped.

Noble I gather is a boutique company. They’re not the size of Shure, Sennheiser, etc. i guess the thing to do is keep making contact. The team I imagine isn’t deliberately setting out to make anyone unhappy, and others’ good customer service experiences will attestvto this.

3. Watagump
    You guys have no idea what has happened, its not my place to say, if John decides to speak, you will understand much better. I hope he will, but its not my decision.

4. kyubey
    Man, no matter what’s happening, you can’t just keep silent. Before this, people don’t even know something is happening, we just feel like Noble Audio just vapor from this world. The most terrible thing is although they stop costomer support, they are still doing business with mass drop, and they found many new dealers in China in recent months. It make us feel like they work as normal, but they just don’t wanna be contacted.

5. John0405
    Well... All of this is quite obscure and strange, but I do hope Noble is going to come up with an new killer product that will justify these months of relative silence, even if I have bought the Encore not a long time ago.
    (By the way, they are on sale, if anyone's interested)
    Cheers

6. Watagump

I cant offer much help since I am not a Noble employee, about all I can suggest is shoot John a PM here and hope he gets on the people taking care of emails etc. It shouldn't come down to that, but right now, it may be whats required.

7. Watagump
    It is strange, hence why it made me ask John whats going on, it is out of the normal for what the company is known for. Then we spoke on the phone yesterday and now I know why. I want to see them back and doing what they use to do, great pictures of the little pieces of art that they are known for. Getting IG etc back up to date, pictures here, etc. I don't care what some people say, that looks don't matter, they do, people have shown they do. Once again, I am not the one who makes these decisions, but if it were my company, I would do what it took and spend what was needed to restore the glory days.

Stranger Than Fiction likes this.
  8. toaster22
    Currently re-shelling a K10 with Noble and was curious why I hadn't received an update about my impressions/K10 being received by the lab in China yet.

Gave a quick call and found out both what is going on with my K10s and what is going on at Noble in general.

To anyone feeling like Noble is ignoring them/has disappeared, rest assured, Wata's right that there are legitimate reasons things are slower than usual atm.

If you're in the middle of completing a transaction with Noble, keep trying and you'll eventually get a response.

9. hotdog108
    I placed an order for the custom Encore back in February, was curious why I haven't received any updates since they received my impressions back in early March. Hopefully everything is ok.

10. bvng3540
    Are they still in business?

11. John0405
    Why anyone would explain what's going on then ? Juts curious here...

12. Watagump
    They are still in business, I would explain to people, once again not my call. I don't think anything is different with the lab, so updates should still come from them. But I could be wrong about the lab. I didn't discuss that with John. Impressions now go to Texas, the HQ is now there.

13. hotdog108
    As far as I can tell they're still very much active and in business. Although some signs indicate there may have been an internal restructuring, if that's what it can be called. I don't know the details so I can't say exactly what happened, but I have faith in them.

14. hotdog108
    That's what I noticed, so I reached out to the lab for an update on my order. My only concern was that I placed my order thru the CA HQ back in February, and the new HQ may not have my order details. So I pulled as much history I had on the order as possible and attached them to my inquiry. Hopefully everything is ok with them, I know changes are never easy, especially a drastic change like this.

15. Watagump

I talked a bit with John about the future and doing shows, CanJams of course. I told him I am willing to do them for Noble, as a paid rep. John has never been the business side of Noble, as he has said before, he likes to build things. I am hopeful things will continue to go forward, I hope I can get back to helping, I want to travel, do some shows, meet new people and see people I already know. Once again, these things are not up to me, but if they want me to help, they have to give me the opportunity.

fiascogarcia likes this.