1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!

1. Super Angulon
    Pinky. Would you please comment on the difference of plus sound GPC vs thor II for Encore?

2. meomap
    Hi,
    Thinking of selling Encore universal and going custom later on.
    My ears are more comfortable with custom than universal.
    Taking Encore out most of the time due fitting leaks.
    Have the K10C and still very comfortable. Very enjoy with DX200 and Sony 1Z.

3. PinkyPowers
    Encore is quite spectacular with the DX200 AMP4.

DX200 & Encore 01.jpg

Ginjo and KhunChang like this.
  4. chengsta
    Huh, the slightly-too-sharp treble went away after 30 or so hours. I rather liked it. :frowning2:

KhunChang likes this.
  5. y2jdmbfan
    How does the DX200 compare to a AK70MKii or SP1000 with the Encore if you have any experience. Thanks!

6. PinkyPowers
    I can compare it to the AK120II and Opus#2. DX200 has greater depth, soundstage, and transparency.

7. y2jdmbfan
    Thanks, would you say the DX200 is classified as a bright sounding DAP or no?

8. PinkyPowers
    Yeah, it's on the bright side. But it's so full and dynamic that you avoid the usual pitfalls with that sort of tuning. It's not thin or cold or dry... not in any way. It's also very smooth in its brightness, so unless you're using a really peaky IEM, it shouldn't become fatiguing.

KhunChang likes this.
  9. y2jdmbfan
    I actually prefer brighter DAP's, so this might be on my shortlist.

10. mcgino
    Custom silicone moulds possible for universal Encores. Good compromise to customs.

11. mcgino
  12. notyourtree
    Hmmmm....

upload_2018-2-12_8-28-37.png upload_2018-2-12_8-28-53.png

H T T likes this.
  13. notyourtree
    I've been looking into this for universals since I've gotten addicted to customs and there's really no going back. I've seen Snugs and Westone do something like this. Where did you have these made, and do you notice any difference in comfort/sound quality with these vs true customs? I've read that others only seem to enjoy the added comfort, longevity (vs disposable tips) and possibly a better seal.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
  14. y2jdmbfan
    What player is that?

15. Watagump

Looks like the SP1000, in copper.