1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!

1. Redcarmoose
    I listened to both the Katana and Encore at the time of purchase though to be frank, I didn’t spend as much time with the Katana as I would have wanted.

Someone else here who owns both models could maybe answer your question better. Also I have not listened to your AK70MKii.

But.......in my uses the Encore IEM is great for classic rock music, pop and 90s music. For some tastes they may be missing a little low-end for rap?

But with classic rock they add a nice warm crunch to the guitar. It’s like the guitar has a glow. Most importantly all the instruments used in classic rock sound exactly as they should. Nothing comes off as out of place or forced.

Also for live classic rock and hard rock recordings there is a special connection placement of instruments and vocals which seems amazingly natural and real. There was a couple of my live albums that sounded as if I was actually on stage; never experienced anything like it?

In fact don’t be surprised if you revisit all you old classic rock recordings and find little details which were always there but never heard. Many of my favorite songs seemed more detailed than I thought they were. Cheers!

Last edited: Feb 10, 2018
    y2jdmbfan likes this.
  2. Watagump

For a more reference sound with higher clarity, go Katana. For the fun factor with more bass, Encore.

y2jdmbfan likes this.
  3. Saraguie
    *** happens all the time. Every session is a eye opener.

4. Stranger Than Fiction
    If we’re talking ‘90s I’d say the Encores and indeed the K10s are for the Aqua/Here Comes the Hot Stepper crowd and the Katanas are for the Fade Into You set.

Maybe. :p

y2jdmbfan likes this.
  5. y2jdmbfan
    Thanks guys! I decided on custom Encores, only reason being it was a hard decision both Katana and Encore are great but I have a set of Shure KSE1500's for when I want that reference sound.

6. Felicitous
    Get the Encore. If you care at all for a wide 3D soundstage. Katana is flat and amaze like that but it’s not nearly as great for live recordings or toe tapping amazing liveliness. I’m not treble sensitive but Katana will tire me out after a few hours. Encore has never done that. Katana bass is ever present while Encore bass will disappear to highlight the sub bass and low mids. As a musical guy, I lean hard on Encore.

7. Felicitous
    image.jpg I will never get over the size difference. No wonder we can’t get Wizard Encore universals. Though, nine drivers in that small of a chassis is also hard to figure out too :p

KhunChang likes this.
  8. Felicitous
    I don’t know if anyone has brought this up but I can play Encores at a very low volume without sacrificing detail. I can’t do that with anything else not even my Katanas without feeling like they’re missing something. Anyone try or feel the same?

9. Velomane
    What source are you using?

10. SDBiotek
    Depends on lot of things...for me, I tend to listen at a lower volume with my Katanas compared with my K10s, for the same reason you gave, lol. I can hear more detail with the Katanas for sure, but they don't have the midbass presence of the K10s.

11. Redcarmoose
    Yes, and the Encore even shows me a slight noise floor (when music off) on home equipment that a never heard a noise floor on before.

They are the most sensitive!

12. Felicitous
    I run with my iPhone 6s, HTC 10, Galaxy S8, and Oppo HA-2SE.

13. Watagump
    For posting pictures I recommend using the upload a file option and then use thumbnail.

14. y2jdmbfan
    So I have an AK70MKii, thinking about picking up the big boy SP1000 for use with my custom Encore...bad choice? Worth it?

15. Watagump
    I haven't auditioned anything higher than the 240, but every one that I have tested has been better going up the line. One thing I would never do, is buy one brand new. The improvements have not been massive, but noticeable. At least I kinda have a color match going.

20171012_131953.jpg

Last edited: Feb 10, 2018