Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Sep 12, 2017 at 8:26 AM Post #26,191 of 36,036
I'm travelling, and on this trip I have 3 universals with me, two of which are skunk works projects, and I am very pleased with them both of them as they accomplish their design goals like a champ.....

but when I reach over, pluck the Katanas off the desk.... nestle them into my ears......

Just curious, so what is your go-to IEM for daily listening? Is it Katana or Encore?

Edit: deleted double quotes

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2017 at 8:48 AM Post #26,192 of 36,036
Just curious, so what is your go-to IEM for daily listening? Is it Katana or Encore?

Edit: deleted double quotes

Between the encore/Katana

For EDC use, I go with the Katana

Small
Light weight

But the Sage is a great EDC as well considering price and performance.

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Sep 12, 2017 at 10:18 AM Post #26,193 of 36,036
Between the encore/Katana

For EDC use, I go with the Katana

Small
Light weight

But the Sage is a great EDC as well considering price and performance.

Talking about Sage, here are mine with the Effect Audio Ares II cable :D

IMG_20170912_135645-01.jpeg

Sep 12, 2017 at 10:24 AM Post #26,194 of 36,036
Sep 12, 2017 at 10:27 AM Post #26,195 of 36,036
So how does that cable compare to the stock cable?

Lots don't believe in cable changes but personally I think it highlights the strengths of the Sage, keeping the full yet well controlled lows, clean midrange and well extended highs. They retain excellent detail but the Ares II brings the sound abit more upfront, slightly tighter and more refined.

Avenged Sevenfold just came on and these are fun to rock out with :)

Sep 12, 2017 at 11:34 AM Post #26,196 of 36,036
Lots don't believe in cable changes but personally I think it highlights the strengths of the Sage, keeping the full yet well controlled lows, clean midrange and well extended highs. They retain excellent detail but the Ares II brings the sound abit more upfront, slightly tighter and more refined.

Avenged Sevenfold just came on and these are fun to rock out with :)

May I ask what eartips do you use over the stock ones?

Sep 12, 2017 at 12:00 PM Post #26,198 of 36,036
I was using RHA tips, but have gone back to the blue cored stock tips. My ears are really awkward, my right side like to push most IEM's out.

Thanks, I see :) I too use the stock tips with the blue core the most. Just curios what else I can toy with. Will probably try some eartips options once the new cable arrives and is tested.

Sep 12, 2017 at 10:41 PM Post #26,199 of 36,036
I've gone mad for Encore paired up to Effect Audio's Thor II. Makes these IEMs liquid magic.

Sep 14, 2017 at 2:14 PM Post #26,202 of 36,036
If anyone wants to ease their minds I strongly recommend to give a shot to Wes Burden. Sounds awesome on both Katana and Sage. Great instrument separtion, detail and soundstage. Soothing smooth jazz, I like more than Kenny G.

Sep 14, 2017 at 2:53 PM Post #26,203 of 36,036
Zeos Pantera "reviews" a few IEMs including "The Noble Wizards" - . It is pretty hilarious - people try to explain him that this is a Noble Sage Wizard Edition (or perhaps a Savant?) and not "The Wizards". At the end of the review he's still hasn't figured out if the cable is detachable, etc. :)

Sep 14, 2017 at 6:20 PM Post #26,204 of 36,036
Zeos Pantera "reviews" a few IEMs including "The Noble Wizards" - . It is pretty hilarious - people try to explain him that this is a Noble Sage Wizard Edition (or perhaps a Savant?) and not "The Wizards". At the end of the review he's still hasn't figured out if the cable is detachable, etc. :)

He's a bit of a joke to me, don't understand why people like his reviews. Not informative and he hypes up flavour of the month kit he's paid to like...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back