Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Jun 9, 2017 at 12:25 AM Post #25,651 of 36,036
Haha for sure man. The sarcasm did translate through the net!

I am glad to hear that. From my understanding, a hiss can be annoying and loud unless you have a source with low output impedance. Which is to say that those TOTL in ears are more picky about the gear they are hooked up to.

I haven't been learning much about audio for long, so I may not be using the right terms. I do work with electricity by trade though, and that helps to understand the circuit fundamentals as they translate to electronics, and therefore the devices we use to enjoy dank tunage.

Excited, I'm assembling a big and diverse play list for heavy listening when I recieve the Katana, whenever that may be. Wonder if it'll hiss at all out off the Schiit Lyr 2 or the HA-2SE. Your comment confirms one reason why I made the purchase.

Oh no that kind of money doesn't leave my hands easily. ...still ptetty easily, I am a person for Hi-Fi audio.

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2017 at 12:49 AM Post #25,652 of 36,036
Haha for sure man. The sarcasm did translate through the net!

I am glad to hear that. From my understanding, a hiss can be annoying and loud unless you have a source with low output impedance. Which is to say that those TOTL in ears are more picky about the gear they are hooked up to.

I haven't been learning much about audio for long, so I may not be using the right terms. I do work with electricity by trade though, and that helps to understand the circuit fundamentals as they translate to electronics, and therefore the devices we use to enjoy dank tunage.

Excited, I'm assembling a big and diverse play list for heavy listening when I recieve the Katana, whenever that may be. Wonder if it'll hiss at all out off the Schiit Lyr 2 or the HA-2SE. Your comment confirms one reason why I made the purchase.

Oh no that kind of money doesn't leave my hands easily. ...still ptetty easily, I am a person for Hi-Fi audio.

The info is out there and the reviews back it up, Noble makes amazing stuff. Lots of hate going on lately, cant stop that I guess. Not every person is going to like what they buy, no IEM, headphone etc gets 100%. I can try and help as much as I can, but until the person hears for themselves, I might end up being wrong in their eyes, or should I say ears. Don't let the haters deter you, there are people that come to this thread, who still to this date have never heard anything from Noble, yet they try and knock them down, prove this or this is better because this person said so. But hey, that means I am a biased fanboy, because I like something I have actually heard. Bottom line, if there were other companies making things as good, or even better, they would then have the top rating on this site. All of these opinions are just that, opinions, I would trust my ears and a larger amount of peoples opinions over believing just 1 person. As I have said before and I will say it again, the best is the one you like the most.

Jun 9, 2017 at 2:25 AM Post #25,653 of 36,036
As I have said before and I will say it again, the best is the one you like the most.
That, and the one you can afford. It's no good to really like certain IEMs and not be able to buy them. As I went through the Noble line from the Trident upwards I had to stop after the Dulce Bass because I suspected I was really going to like the Django. I like musical. I like bass. I couldn't afford the Django. Not to mention that I read the Dulce Bass, which I really liked (probably more than I realised at the time), was like a baby K10... Nope couldn't afford the K10 (or Encore) either. I felt it best to spare myself the torture and only focus on the ones within my budget.

It's funny how several months after I auditioned them I still think about the Dulce Bass. (Knowing what I know now, that I can't use acrylic CEIMs because of my ADHD, I wish I had gotten the universal Dulce Bass instead of the ones I bought.) I don't want to know what it would feel like if I had heard the Django or Encore. :wink:

Jun 9, 2017 at 10:11 AM Post #25,654 of 36,036
That, and the one you can afford. It's no good to really like certain IEMs and not be able to buy them. As I went through the Noble line from the Trident upwards I had to stop after the Dulce Bass because I suspected I was really going to like the Django. I like musical. I like bass. I couldn't afford the Django. Not to mention that I read the Dulce Bass, which I really liked (probably more than I realised at the time), was like a baby K10... Nope couldn't afford the K10 (or Encore) either. I felt it best to spare myself the torture and only focus on the ones within my budget.

It's funny how several months after I auditioned them I still think about the Dulce Bass. (Knowing what I know now, that I can't use acrylic CEIMs because of my ADHD, I wish I had gotten the universal Dulce Bass instead of the ones I bought.) I don't want to know what it would feel like if I had heard the Django or Encore. :wink:

The Django and Encore are both just hype and terrible, its been posted here on head-fi, so it must be true. :wink: Pretty shells are also just hype, but yet everyone else is also doing them, not to the level of Noble, but they are trying.

Jun 9, 2017 at 10:29 AM Post #25,655 of 36,036
Dear Noble, please introduce hissing into all of your products, nothing says top notch SQ like hissing. I was shocked to hear one of the TOTL IEM's had major hissing when I tried it last year at CanJam. I hear to this date, it still does, makes me want to spend thousands to get my fix of hissing.

You are correct, play the video, and you might feel better about your K10

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Jun 10, 2017 at 10:53 AM Post #25,659 of 36,036
1497106230537.jpg

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Jun 10, 2017 at 6:41 PM Post #25,664 of 36,036

Have you tried the Sage @Wyville? I think they perform very well, like Django, and it's cheaper (especially if you can get a used pair). So perhaps you might like them too :)

Jun 11, 2017 at 5:16 AM Post #25,665 of 36,036
Have you tried the Sage @Wyville? I think they perform very well, like Django, and it's cheaper (especially if you can get a used pair). So perhaps you might like them too :)
Yes, I tried the Sage too. I certainly liked them, but preferred the (to my ears) somewhat warmer and smoother sound of the Dulce Bass. Mind you, I auditioned the Noble line for about 30 minutes and heard the Trident, Savanna, Sage and Dulce Bass, so that was only very briefly per set. With the Sage and Dulce Bass quite close in price, I would always prefer the Dulce Bass. Definitely sweet bass! :ksc75smile:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back