Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Jul 25, 2016 at 1:29 AM Post #21,346 of 36,039
Jul 25, 2016 at 3:08 AM Post #21,347 of 36,039
Nice impressions! You mentioned listening to Dulce Bass too, what would you say about them? Also, did you notice a difference between K10U and K10C?

Yes, of course.

K10C vs. K10U:

First, I am not sure I was getting a proper seal with any of the Noble universals. I tried the medium red silicone tips and medium foam tips. The medium foam tips were definitely the best, but I still found myself having to apply a little pressure just to get a good seal.
But, I did compare the K10C with the aluminum K10U briefly. I did the comparison just to see if they sounded similar. To me they sounded very close, in spite of the fit issues. I thought that the difference might be larger since my K10C's were built in Dec. of 2013. But without spending a lot of time comparing, I could not tell much of a difference.

Dulce Bass:

So with what I said above, to me, the Dulce Bass seemd like it had less bass than my K10C's. I honestly think it was a seal issue. But I also feel like the K10 has a ton of bass. I always assumed the Dulce Bass should have even more bass than the K10's. The Dulce Bass still has a lot of bass, but maybe I was expecting my eyeballs to rattle. (The K10C's will do that on mine on occasion.) However, I can definitely see the appeal of the Dulce Bass. It has a U shaped sound signature. Lots of good quality bass, not "boomy" or bloated. And a slightly elevated high end. Well  maybe not elevated, but not as dark as the K10's. It reminds me a little of the Savant with a lot more bass. The mids are good, but just not the star of the show. It's all about that bass AND treble.

Regardless, I still find the K10 and Katana to be better overall (as they should), but when you factor in the price and you like bass, the Dulce Bass is a great option. 

Jul 25, 2016 at 3:31 AM Post #21,348 of 36,039
Yes, of course.

K10C vs. K10U:

First, I am not sure I was getting a proper seal with any of the Noble universals. I tried the medium red silicone tips and medium foam tips. The medium foam tips were definitely the best, but I still found myself having to apply a little pressure just to get a good seal.
But, I did compare the K10C with the aluminum K10U briefly. I did the comparison just to see if they sounded similar. To me they sounded very close, in spite of the fit issues. I thought that the difference might be larger since my K10C's were built in Dec. of 2013. But without spending a lot of time comparing, I could not tell much of a difference.

Dulce Bass:

So with what I said above, to me, the Dulce Bass seemd like it had less bass than my K10C's. I honestly think it was a seal issue. But I also feel like the K10 has a ton of bass. I always assumed the Dulce Bass should have even more bass than the K10's. The Dulce Bass still has a lot of bass, but maybe I was expecting my eyeballs to rattle. (The K10C's will do that on mine on occasion.) However, I can definitely see the appeal of the Dulce Bass. It has a U shaped sound signature. Lots of good quality bass, not "boomy" or bloated. And a slightly elevated high end. Well  maybe not elevated, but not as dark as the K10's. It reminds me a little of the Savant with a lot more bass. The mids are good, but just not the star of the show. It's all about that bass AND treble.

Regardless, I still find the K10 and Katana to be better overall (as they should), but when you factor in the price and you like bass, the Dulce Bass is a great option. 

Thanks! Now I'm leaning heavily towards getting the K10. I just have to decide between custom and universal fit.

Jul 25, 2016 at 3:34 AM Post #21,349 of 36,039
The Katana sounds like a perfect sidekick to my K10, a position currently filled by the Savant...

Does a man REALLY need all these kidneys? We have "free" health care here in Denmark, so I'd probably get free dialysis if I sold both of mine...

You'll need customs for maximum isolation. Those dialysis machines can be pretty noisy...

Jul 25, 2016 at 7:40 AM Post #21,350 of 36,039
  FYI, my Katana impressions posted in the Katana thread:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/813979/noble-audio-introducing-katana/135#post_12742840

Thanks for the impressions! I know for sure that I'll go for the K10 when I'll have enough money. 
biggrin.gif

Right now I'll stick to my Savants, at least for the upcoming months...

Jul 25, 2016 at 9:44 AM Post #21,355 of 36,039
Yes, of course.

K10C vs. K10U:

I find the as you do regarding the sound. For the fit I find that ever once and a while I tap the the shells to fit better.

Jul 25, 2016 at 10:33 AM Post #21,356 of 36,039
@musiclvr
 here are some phone pics, they really don't do them justice:

Edit: few more:

Oh wow! They are gorgeous! Thanks for the pics. For a second I thought I was looking at the limited edition Rose Gold plated K10U. Very nice indeed.

Jul 25, 2016 at 10:44 AM Post #21,357 of 36,039
  Dulce Bass:

I had the same impressions. I thought there was more quality and quantity of bass in the K10u compared to the Dulce. But I found the Dulce had the second best of the lineup.

Jul 25, 2016 at 11:40 AM Post #21,358 of 36,039
@Sorensiim
 you'll be fine with just one buddy, don't worry. In Rainbows is on Spotify, finally :wink:

@darinf
 thanks for the impressions. Need more though...

So I finally got my Savannas. To put it briefly, they are awesome! Much better than I expected, almost flat with just a touch of adjustment to the FR so it's more fun. The focus seems to be on the mids, treble coming in a close second. General detail and transparency are quite good, but comes in behind the K10s (naturally). Bass quantity is more than I expected, which was a nice surprise. I think the quantity is just right, the only thing that could be improved is the bass extension. Seems to me the bass roll off comes in just before the sub-bass sweet spot. If you only listen to acoustic music, you probably won't notice this. 
The Savanna could be the one final IEM for many people, it is very versatile and handles most genres and badly recorded tracks with ease. I must also mention the new shells, the alu face plates are really beautiful and very finely machined. The corners of the Noble logo are very crisp, I was very impressed.
So as expected, Noble has made another great IEM, may be the best price/performance ratio in their lineup. If the signature suits your tastes, you owe yourself an audition!

Thank you for this! It sounds like I'm going to enjoy these once I get them.

Jul 25, 2016 at 11:55 AM Post #21,359 of 36,039
maybe I was expecting my eyeballs to rattle. (The K10C's will do that on mine on occasion.)

Never had that with my K10c. Even with some fairly mental EDM. The bass is nice and solid but nothing crazy. This with a vacuum seal.

Jul 25, 2016 at 11:59 AM Post #21,360 of 36,039
As an owner of both a custom Dulce Bass and a custom K10, I have to say I agree with Wata. The Dulce is bassier and more mid-forward than the K10 (which is not to say that the bass and mids are as good as the K10's bass and mids, it's just that the K10 is more balanced overall).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back