Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Feb 15, 2016 at 12:46 AM Post #18,093 of 36,040

You can join the drop to reserve a spot and if the quantity requirement for that discount you won't be charged anything. Something worth considering as the drop is limited to a small number of units.

Thanks. It's good to know that Noble is sponsoring the drop. Can someone tell me the dimensions of the sleeve insert portion of the Noble 6? I have a custom sleeve made for XBA-Z5. I wonder if I can just use it for the Noble 6. Thanks.

Feb 15, 2016 at 2:02 AM Post #18,094 of 36,040

Live gold fish, I wont give up on it. 
wink_face.gif

Why should we do a butterfly design when you can have a real butterfly in your faceplate? 
wink.gif

Feb 15, 2016 at 2:07 AM Post #18,095 of 36,040
  just don't submit the photo to a Nikon contest /joke

LOL. They couldn't tell the difference now, could they? 
biggrin.gif

Btw, @FullCircIe, that black K10UA looks stunning. Are you considering making them in different colors? Black would be a big seller, I reckon.

Feb 15, 2016 at 6:10 AM Post #18,096 of 36,040
  LOL. They couldn't tell the difference now, could they? 
biggrin.gif

Btw, @FullCircIe, that black K10UA looks stunning. Are you considering making them in different colors? Black would be a big seller, I reckon.

@FullCircIe Completely agree!! Many of my friends are asking about different colors too (because of the culture here, many guys don't want to wear a red IEM in public).

Feb 15, 2016 at 9:52 AM Post #18,102 of 36,040
Wow, 26 years ago.  The guys look so young, Keith Richards looks like he's only 60! 
biggrin.gif

Feb 15, 2016 at 11:31 AM Post #18,104 of 36,040

I've had both for a bit in universals (K10U & U12). I would be happy with either, but the K10U didn't fit my ears well so they got sold. Technically the U12 outperformed the K10U. The imaging, soundstage, and separation gave it a certain clarity that the K10U didn't have. The K10U sounded congested in comparison. The U12 had a stronger bass & mid bass, and with better clarity and separation. Frequency response wise, they differed with the K10U having more treble with a peak around 6-8k that could be too much at times (I hear this is unique to the K10U from the K10, and believe it as I generally hear the K10 to have relaxed treble) and a more forward midrange. The U12 had stronger bass with a mid-bass bump.

Again, would be happy with either to be honest and some folks may swing one way or the other based on the tuning. But I do give the Adel series from what I hear a significant advantage technically in soundstage & imaging.

Owning both the U12 and K10UA, I feel the exact same way. Exact. 

Feb 15, 2016 at 11:34 AM Post #18,105 of 36,040
Hey Guys...long time reader, first time poster on these forums, so please excuse me if I may be covering a topic discussed elsewhere.  

I just ordered my first pair of CIEMs in the K10 and I am very excited.
However, being that this is my first foray into the high end portable audio world (aside from my old Etymotics), I am still without a portable amp or high end DAP.  I have always listened to my current setup (Audeze LCD-2, Burson HA-160) through my PC.

I guess my question centers around whether I need to stack or not?  Will an amp make a discernible difference when driving the K10 (or any IEM for that matter), or will a high end DAP do the job?  I listen to only FLAC and some 24/192 files...mostly a lot of prog rock.

I am admittedly somewhat ignorant of the portable hi-fi world, but after doing a lot of reading, I knew grabbing a pair of K10s was the first step.  I'm sure my wallet will suffer over the next few months with everything out there, but looking to get rid of some indecision and make that first step.  I know this is a highly subjective line of questioning, but living in Cleveland affords me ZERO places to demo high end equipment, so I am looking to you guys for a bit of guidance to get the most bang for my buck

Right now I am considering a Fiio X5 paired with a Chord Mojo.

Any help you can provide would be extremely helpful.  Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back