Noble audio k10 or unique melody mentor?
May 4, 2014 at 7:11 AM Post #3 of 9
looking at the title I am going to assume that you mean the UM Mentor, the 10 driver custom/universal IEM from Unique Melody.
I have not had the chance to listen to them so I can't help you there, however I would be interested in hearing from anyone who has.

May 4, 2014 at 9:45 AM Post #4 of 9
A guy made a comparison between these 2 and had a winner, although for me at this price range and quality companies like unique melody and noble it isn't a matter of winning but a matter of taste of each individual's .
I think that that was in Tokyo debut or something thread, search for unique melody mentor and you will find it, the comparison is in the last two page iirc .

Found it http://www.head-fi.org/t/696358/unique-melody-mentor-debut-in-tokyo-e-earphone-festival

May 4, 2014 at 11:27 AM Post #5 of 9
Haven't heard the Mentor so take this with a grain but the Kaiser 10 was very balanced and musical at the same time when I auditioned it. Throw in Noble's customer service and you can't go wrong. From what others have said, it seems the Mentor has a bit more sparkle, something that I appreciate has been massaged out of the K10. It would have been easier for them to leave it than to make the highs more even sounding.

Jun 22, 2014 at 5:02 AM Post #9 of 9
Any updates ?
smily_headphones1.gif

The Mentors are on the thinner side, thus the soundstage sounds very wide open but the thickness and vocal quality goes to the K10. Still undefeated IMO. Also my stock cable failed on the K10, the left one's audio started disappearing after a week with the Mentors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back