Noble Audio - Introducing KATANA
Jul 13, 2016 at 6:21 AM Post #31 of 328
I get what you mean on the layla being huge. However, im referring to the finish.

For 1.85, Noble's finishing is definitely not up to par in terms of universals.

but my favorites so far is the Fitear, Alo and a few others.

64audio is another one whose finishing seem a touch lacklustre for the universals.

Jul 13, 2016 at 6:43 AM Post #32 of 328
No one makes their own drivers. It should be regular drivers tuned for Noble.

Sony does.

https://cymbacavum.com/2015/01/30/the-biz-what-companies-make-balanced-armature-speakers/

Jul 13, 2016 at 6:46 AM Post #33 of 328
No one makes their own drivers. It should be regular drivers tuned for Noble.

It is an art of playing with impedance and acoustic tube an filters for most however few iem makers so get involved in getting custom BA tuned to their needs.

Tuned/tweaked by the by the manufacturer for the specific company is what I meant, in this case Noble. Quite a few years ago I was having my JH13 and UM Miracles re-shelled and the people told me they'd gladly take on the UM job but not the JH one owing to the fact that they could replace a busted driver on the Miracle if something were to go wrong, but not so with the JH13. Quoting from their email "Miracles use so called "off-shelf" driver which means in case of malfunction it can be easily replaced while JH uses customized drivers which are pretty much irreplaceable."

Jul 13, 2016 at 7:22 AM Post #34 of 328
have you ever worn them more than an hour? Jh layla is just huge and fit is poor for me.

I haven't tried the v2 Layla, but the v1 Angie is gigantic in my ears. They aren't that portable to me for that reason. I have the v2 Rosie which is much better. Not sure how the v2 Layla is in size though. The k10U has the best housing compared to the v1 JH, fitear tg334, and any campfire audio product. The Campfire and Fitear do not fit all ears. 

As for the price, I don't know if the higher price means this is their new flagship. They might be on the same tier as the K10, but priced higher because of their unique 9 drivers. 

Jul 13, 2016 at 7:53 AM Post #37 of 328
How long is the warranty? For £1300 SurEly it couldn't be less than 2-3 years

Looks to me like you know the answer before you asked.

For a new car you get: 

Rolls Royce = 4 year warranty
Kia = 7 years
Porsche = 3 years (though in all fairness this is a worldwide warranty and even applies when you track your car)
Toyota = 5 years

(all the above in GB)
See a pattern here? More expensive cars does not mean more warranty...

Here is Noble's warranty policy:
https://nobleaudio.com/en/support/warranty-information/

Jul 13, 2016 at 7:59 AM Post #38 of 328
  I get what you mean on the layla being huge. However, im referring to the finish.

For 1.85, Noble's finishing is definitely not up to par in terms of universals.

but my favorites so far is the Fitear, Alo and a few others.

64audio is another one whose finishing seem a touch lacklustre for the universals.

In here the summers get hot, the shinny and flat surface of Layla can become slippery compared to the rougher finish of Noble IEM. To be Noble housing is more thoughtful whereas Layla allow a deeper fit.

I did have the TG334, finish is great, fit also great, but it sticks out far more than Noble, not quiet as much as Layla. 

Going back to Noble if you want to pick on them you can pick on almost anything except how they did there current universal finish. 

Jul 13, 2016 at 8:01 AM Post #39 of 328
What other 9 drivers iem are there atm except katana and sem9

Jul 13, 2016 at 10:26 AM Post #42 of 328
Looks beautiful, came out the same day my K10's are shipped. Kind of frustrating, but it sounds like the sound sig is the opposite of my taste. I hear high frequencies almost too well and it physically hurts me after awhile so I tend to not like bright signatures. If these are the new flagships though then I will probably still need to pick them up only because I want Noble's TOTL. Can we get a confirmation on if these are considered the flagship?

Jul 13, 2016 at 10:31 AM Post #43 of 328
Is the black part of Katana universal ABS plastic like in the new classic line?

Probably not.
The black portion is textured like the tan portion.
It also has indications that it's been cnc'd.

Jul 13, 2016 at 11:01 AM Post #45 of 328
Yes apart from the driver manufacturers and some huge companies such as Sony. I mean no boutique iem maker.

beerchug.gif
 indeed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back