Noble 4 Impressions Thread
Apr 8, 2015 at 10:06 PM Post #151 of 182
I'm writing this review mainly as a thank-you to Noble Audio, Magnus, and most importantly Brannan, who got me a replacement for my N4s with a channel imbalance and even sent it via a local distributor!

The new Noble 4 is much different from the old one, being smaller, more discreet (all black, even the raised logo), the build quality has improved to be more seamless, and the soundstage has improved as well as a tiny bit more bass. Noble have changed the red spinfit tips a bit from my old ones, and the sound improvement can be heard across the board.

I'm testing sound mostly from Bandcamp, I don't have much time. The sound's still precise and fun, with that bass that doesn't choke up anything.

The cable is improved, being lighter and harder to notice that you're wearing it, as well as now having a jack that'll fit smartphones. The cable's a lot thinner than the previous, and is much better. I use an aftermarket cable but most people won't. The best thing about the Noble 4 is that it's versatile.

My only gripe with the new revision is that the cable is WAY too hard to remove. It's almost like it's superglued, no joke.

I noticed the new revision doesn't need much volume from my MacBook Pro at all. Has the impedance changed?

My aftermarket cable (linum bax) [thanks to @shotgunshane for the replacement after mine broke] muffles the sound a tiny bit, but it's worth it for the improvements it brings. If I didn't have the aftermarket cable I'd be happy and content with Noble's stock offering.

I don't really believe in reviews since it's up to you to choose your headphone via listening and there's a lot of reviews already on the N4. A lot. So here's some photos from my D7000 / Sigma 18-250. Wish i had more time to write a full review and edit / take the photos properly, but I have to be somewhere and she's gonna be pissed if I'm late haha.
I'll add more later.

Apr 8, 2015 at 10:34 PM Post #152 of 182
I'm writing this review mainly as a thank-you to Noble Audio, Magnus, and most importantly Brannan, who got me a replacement for my N4s with a channel imbalance and even sent it via a local distributor!

The new Noble 4 is much different from the old one, being smaller, more discreet (all black, even the raised logo), the build quality has improved to be more seamless, and the soundstage has improved as well as a tiny bit more bass. Noble have changed the red spinfit tips a bit from my old ones, and the sound improvement can be heard across the board.

I'm testing sound mostly from Bandcamp, I don't have much time. The sound's still precise and fun, with that bass that doesn't choke up anything.

The cable is improved, being lighter and harder to notice that you're wearing it, as well as now having a jack that'll fit smartphones. The cable's a lot thinner than the previous, and is much better. I use an aftermarket cable but most people won't. The best thing about the Noble 4 is that it's versatile.

My only gripe with the new revision is that the cable is WAY too hard to remove. It's almost like it's superglued, no joke.

I noticed the new revision doesn't need much volume from my MacBook Pro at all. Has the impedance changed?

My aftermarket cable (linum bax) [thanks to @shotgunshane for the replacement after mine broke] muffles the sound a tiny bit, but it's worth it for the improvements it brings. If I didn't have the aftermarket cable I'd be happy and content with Noble's stock offering.

I don't really believe in reviews since it's up to you to choose your headphone via listening and there's a lot of reviews already on the N4. A lot. So here's some photos from my D7000 / Sigma 18-250. Wish i had more time to write a full review and edit / take the photos properly, but I have to be somewhere and she's gonna be pissed if I'm late haha.
I'll add more later.

The only change on the shell is that the logo is "embossed" rather than "debossed."   The first production run of IEMs were mfg with a lazer debossed logo, susequent production runs were made with the logo embossed.

No other changes, so shell size is the same. Cable is the same as well, just uses a different 3.5 mm jack. (the older style was a "J" plug, and we now use a straight jack"

The original jack couldn't be used with a lot of sources that also use protective jackets around them. (My I-pad for example)

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Apr 8, 2015 at 11:15 PM Post #153 of 182

I'll add more later.

The only change on the shell is that the logo is "embossed" rather than "debossed."   The first production run of IEMs were mfg with a lazer debossed logo, susequent production runs were made with the logo embossed.

No other changes, so shell size is the same. Cable is the same as well, just uses a different 3.5 mm jack. (the older style was a "J" plug, and we now use a straight jack"

The original jack couldn't be used with a lot of sources that also use protective jackets around them. (My I-pad for example)

Thanks for clearing that up. They just look smaller than I remember. I was probably given different tips from before (I had a loaner model that I bought shortly after)

Apr 10, 2015 at 9:22 PM Post #155 of 182
Thanks for clearing that up. They just look smaller than I remember. I was probably given different tips from before (I had the tour model)

That is not a tour (review) model. Please be mindful when posting such terms because people will get misinformed.
That was a personal unit sent to a few trustworthy members for audition and reviews.
The correct term will be "loaner".

Apr 10, 2015 at 10:32 PM Post #156 of 182
Thanks for clearing that up. They just look smaller than I remember. I was probably given different tips from before (I had the tour model)

That is not a tour (review) model. Please be mindful when posting such terms because people will get misinformed.
That was a personal unit sent to a few trustworthy members for audition and reviews.
The correct term will be "loaner".

Ah. Sorry for the misuse of the word.

May 3, 2015 at 7:08 PM Post #157 of 182
Does anyone have any insight into how much the custom 4 protrudes out from the ear in relation to the custom K10? I guess it varies from person to person. Specifically, I'm just wondering if it will sit more flush with the ear or "in" more. I looking into something I can lay on a relatively cushy pillow with a little more comfortably than the K10 and I'm intrigued with what I hear about the 4. Would love to have them as companions.

Jun 25, 2015 at 7:50 PM Post #158 of 182
Looking to grab a pair of headphones, and it seems it is between these or the SD-2S. From what I've read they have similar sound signatures. Can anyone with both verify or comment on this? Thanks!

Jun 26, 2015 at 12:03 AM Post #159 of 182
Looking to grab a pair of headphones, and it seems it is between these or the SD-2S. From what I've read they have similar sound signatures. Can anyone with both verify or comment on this? Thanks!

Both are mid centric but quite different . SD2 is a bit warmer and smoother in the lower treble. Tne Noble 4 is more neutral in bass, and more lower treble energy that results in more clarity/detail. SD2 is also detailed just not emphasised as the Noble 4. Hope that helps.

Aug 25, 2015 at 8:23 PM Post #163 of 182
Correct me if I'm wrong but in terms of performance according to consensus , ranking should be something like this? 
UERM = 4C
4C > 4 slightly due to custom fit (technically the same) 
4 >/= 4.ai 

So am I the only person who things the 4.ai are a bargain especially if bought used when the UERM, 4C cost well over 1k and 4c slightly less?  

Aug 25, 2015 at 11:39 PM Post #164 of 182
Discussion of a banned company, or their products is against forum rules

Correct me if I'm wrong but in terms of performance according to consensus , ranking should be something like this? 
UERM = 4C
4C > 4 slightly due to custom fit (technically the same) 
4 >/= 4.ai 

So am I the only person who things the 4.ai are a bargain especially if bought used when the UERM, 4C cost well over 1k and 4c slightly less?  

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back