Noble 4 Impressions Thread
Jan 9, 2015 at 2:22 AM Post #122 of 182
I hooked up a Fiio E1 to my Noble 4 iems. I was very pleased with the result. Has anyone else tried this??

You mean the E11?

I've posted my findings on the E11k a couple pages back.

Hello Noble 4 owners!

Just want to share my recent discovery... 

There's an excellent synergy in this new found combo I got:

The Fiio E11k capitalises on the wide soundstage, clarity, and detail of the Colorfly C3 and adds a bit of smoothness in the highs and depth in the lows. The Noble 4 normally sounds a bit too analytical when paired directly with the Colorfly C3. This combo takes the Noble 4 to the musical side of things without compromising the detail and clarity that we always love. Turn on the bass boost and BAAAM! It's a whole new level of musical enjoyment. Metal heads rejoice! Heavy metal sounds killer with this combo. But wait there's more! Throw in any other genre and they're all amazing! 'just listened to Sia's 1000 Forms of Fear and I can't stress enough how much I enjoyed it.

So if you're looking for a BUDGET PORTABLE rig that will perfectly match your Noble 4, look no further.

There's a slight drawback tho... a VERY faint hiss can be heard when music isn't playing. But when you're out and about does it really matter? And at the level of volume I listen to (3) I can barely hear it in a quiet environment. So in real life usage, it's really negligible.

Jan 9, 2015 at 9:34 AM Post #123 of 182
No, this is a wimpy little E1 that costs $10 on amazon.... The drawback is it only fits iPods and early iPhones but it adds just enough pepper, pulse, balls to the 4 (and the 3). I must admit I do not have much experience with amps. My old E5 worked quite well too but I think the Cmoy I purchased has too much gain etc. I would imagine some folks have one of these that they purchased a long time ago but have moved on to other things. Mine was in my broken gear stash and it has been resurrected. If you guys think I'm nuts - please tell me:)

Jan 9, 2015 at 10:08 AM Post #124 of 182
You mean the E11?

I've posted my findings on the E11k a couple pages back.
Thank you for responding. I don't know very much about amps, dacs, etc. I have a limited budget to build around a set of 3's and 4's (very satisfied with both) and a 160gb iPod (with about 90gb of music on it - everything from abba to Zappa)
ANY advice would be helpful. Thank you!

Jan 9, 2015 at 10:26 AM Post #125 of 182
No, this is a wimpy little E1 that costs $10 on amazon.... The drawback is it only fits iPods and early iPhones but it adds just enough pepper, pulse, balls to the 4 (and the 3). I must admit I do not have much experience with amps. My old E5 worked quite well too but I think the Cmoy I purchased has too much gain etc. I would imagine some folks have one of these that they purchased a long time ago but have moved on to other things. Mine was in my broken gear stash and it has been resurrected. If you guys think I'm nuts - please tell me:)

But it also sucks little power from compatible source and so will it be 90% of the actual battery backup(source) when used with E1?......but it has great advantage tho,so compact and no charging needed......given the audio playback time of classics (6th gen) it will be almost non-stop 16-20hrs guaranteed....

Jan 9, 2015 at 10:54 AM Post #126 of 182
But it also sucks little power from compatible source and so will it be 90% of the actual battery backup(source) when used with E1?......but it has great advantage tho,so compact and no charging needed......given the audio playback time of classics (6th gen) it will be almost non-stop 16-20hrs guaranteed....

It also has a pause/play/fwd/rev etc which is a plus. Forgive my ignorance, but could an amp be too powerful and harm these headphones?

Jan 22, 2015 at 8:27 PM Post #128 of 182
Thanks for the recommendation. I've been using the E11k for about 2 weeks now and I'm very pleased with it's performance.

'glad you're enjoying them. Really great value that amp. Happy listening!

Jan 25, 2015 at 8:06 AM Post #129 of 182
I got my Noble 4 on Friday. They are the first quality IEMs i own so i can't really compare them to anything but my speakers at home, or perhaps my friends K701 and ATH 50. I am very happy with them, all the "research" before buying them here on the forums (thanks again Luis) seems to have paid off.

When i'm out and about i wanted to use the N4 with my Blackberry P'9981 but the sound of this combination is just horrible. Has anyone tried the N4 with a Fiio E6? Any other small portable amps i should look at?

Jan 25, 2015 at 2:19 PM Post #130 of 182
Went back to the Noble 4/Blackberry 9981 combo after spending the weekend mostly using them with iPad 1 and iPhone 4, this time using Linum BaX instead of the stock cable.

So "horrible" was somewhat of an exageration, now it seems pleasing enough, though not as good as with the Apple devices. Also everything seems a little tighter using the Linum cable, but that might just be my mind playing tricks on me.

Jan 25, 2015 at 3:54 PM Post #131 of 182
I've owned the Universal Noble 4 since early January.

Wow. These continue to blow me away in terms of the combination of just downright impressive clarity throughout, excellent punch, neutral FR, and awesomely natural, expansive soundstaging. One thing I really like about them being universal is the changes in sound you can produce with various tips, to suit your tastes.

With certain tracks and the right tips these little guys feel an order of magnitude more capable than my previous IEMs, including Vsonic GR07 and VC1000 (TWFK) and the Etymotic HF5. Holographic and 3-dimensional are words that come to mind, and far surpassing the previously mentioned ones.

450 bucks is by far the most money I've spent on an audio component thus far, and doing it blind (based on plenty of reviews, including Jokers thread) was a gamble. But wow am I glad I did. Thanks to all in this thread for helping sway me towards them.

Jan 25, 2015 at 11:45 PM Post #132 of 182
  I got my Noble 4 on Friday. They are the first quality IEMs i own so i can't really compare them to anything but my speakers at home, or perhaps my friends K701 and ATH 50. I am very happy with them, all the "research" before buying them here on the forums (thanks again Luis) seems to have paid off.

When i'm out and about i wanted to use the N4 with my Blackberry P'9981 but the sound of this combination is just horrible. Has anyone tried the N4 with a Fiio E6? Any other small portable amps i should look at?

I've owned the Universal Noble 4 since early January.

Wow. These continue to blow me away in terms of the combination of just downright impressive clarity throughout, excellent punch, neutral FR, and awesomely natural, expansive soundstaging. One thing I really like about them being universal is the changes in sound you can produce with various tips, to suit your tastes.

With certain tracks and the right tips these little guys feel an order of magnitude more capable than my previous IEMs, including Vsonic GR07 and VC1000 (TWFK) and the Etymotic HF5. Holographic and 3-dimensional are words that come to mind, and far surpassing the previously mentioned ones.

450 bucks is by far the most money I've spent on an audio component thus far, and doing it blind (based on plenty of reviews, including Jokers thread) was a gamble. But wow am I glad I did. Thanks to all in this thread for helping sway me towards them.

Thank you, guys! Please do not hesitate to let us know if we can be of any assistance in the future.
beerchug.gif

Feb 12, 2015 at 11:34 AM Post #133 of 182
Good morning Dr. Mason
Any chance there are a few coupon codes forgotten in a desk drawer? Thinking of a pair of the 4's or higher.
Thank you,
I have been following Steven in Singapore and his journey with Noble K10's.

Feb 12, 2015 at 1:39 PM Post #134 of 182
  Good morning Dr. Mason
Any chance there are a few coupon codes forgotten in a desk drawer? Thinking of a pair of the 4's or higher.
Thank you,
I have been following Steven in Singapore and his journey with Noble K10's.

Howdy! Coupon codes are used only for dealers/distributors at the moment, we may hide this functionality to avoid any further confusion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back