no rich text editor in FF7 final
Jun 22, 2011 at 12:16 PM Post #3 of 30
while you're at it, if you could allow cut/pasting in Opera11 and FF5, that'd be a major win.

"Because of your browser security settings, the editor is not able to access your clipboard data directly. You are required to paste it again in this window.
Please paste inside the following box using the keyboard (Ctrl/Cmd+V) and hit OK"

Sep 30, 2011 at 6:13 PM Post #7 of 30
FF7 became an automatic push today, so this is now a bit critical.

Also, since Firefox now does integer releases monthly, maybe the platform developers should just turn off the version checking for Firefox. Otherwise they'll need to update the approved versions constantly.

Oct 1, 2011 at 3:55 PM Post #9 of 30
I must be the only one that associated FF7 with Final Fantasy 7... oh those memories of the first playthrough...

Oct 2, 2011 at 2:11 PM Post #10 of 30
Bump because now I'm having the same problem with Firefox 7.0.1 (just updated and noticed this.)

Oct 2, 2011 at 6:12 PM Post #11 of 30
>>The rich text editor is not compatible with your browser. You may see some HTML source displayed. Any BBCode you enter will be converted to HTML when you save.

Is this the bug?  I have been using Ubuntu 11.04 and this bug appeared after the latest round of security updates. I am now using Epiphany for now.

Oct 2, 2011 at 6:15 PM Post #12 of 30

Quote:
>>The rich text editor is not compatible with your browser. You may see some HTML source displayed. Any BBCode you enter will be converted to HTML when you save.

Is this the bug?  I have been using Ubuntu 11.04 and this bug appeared after the latest round of security updates. I am now using Epiphany for now.

Yeah, that's the bug.  Appears to just be version detection code that turns off the rich text editor if a version is newer than it recognizes.  My recommendation to the developers is just turn off the version detection, at least for higher versions.  It's unlikely Firefox is going to come out with a new release that breaks the rich text editor.

Oct 2, 2011 at 6:25 PM Post #13 of 30
Ya this is rather annoying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back