No Love for Malaysia? (Etymotic ER6i)
Jul 14, 2007 at 10:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

TzeYang

500+ Head-Fier
I was having a dreadful time finishing my boring, pointless assignments when my father called and said, "hey I'm looking for an IEM, go find me one."

"Excellent..!" I thought, so I went to Amazon and found out they were selling ER6Is at a very decent price (around 70USD). So i thought why not I buy one from this site?

Turns out they do not ship to Malaysia (Asia). Other sources are way too pricy compared to what Amazon can offer. I don't have any friends in the USA and my experience with purchasing items off less common sites is very limited. Anyone here knows where i can get an ER6I from another equally good source? (Such as amazon).

Darn, I nearly turned my dad into another head-fier.

Jul 14, 2007 at 11:27 AM Post #3 of 22
Jaben @ Singapore (our sponsor) sells ER6i, so send an email to Uncle Wilson and he should be able to arrange something for you. If I remember correct, ER6i costs around S$200 (can't confirm this cause I got mine 2 years ago), no as cheap as U.S. but it is a typical price here.

If your dad is paying the bill, you might want to get the X3 too
evil_smiley.gif
Greeting from another Malaysian.

Jul 14, 2007 at 12:14 PM Post #4 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zorander /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Have you tried Head-fi sponsors?

as a matter of fact, i did search other places such as buy.com apart from our head-fi sponsors.
smily_headphones1.gif
But the prices are still relatively much higher than what Amazon can offer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Jaben @ Singapore (our sponsor) sells ER6i, so send an email to Uncle Wilson and he should be able to arrange something for you. If I remember correct, ER6i costs around S$200 (can't confirm this cause I got mine 2 years ago), no as cheap as U.S. but it is a typical price here.

If your dad is paying the bill, you might want to get the X3 too
evil_smiley.gif
Greeting from another Malaysian.

S$200 is still RM400 = ouch! I guess I'll have to try asking around if someone would help me get one and then send it to me from the US.

Jul 14, 2007 at 12:20 PM Post #5 of 22
what you can do to get them is to PM forumer yuheng

he and another guy (partners) are the resident "importer" and seller of items from Jaben into Malaysia. and he sells them in LYN forum. so he should be able to get them for you.

and yes, hes reliable and trustworthy.

EDIT: SGD200 is roughly RM460...so i think ur "ouch" should be changed to "Ouch" LOL
also like ClieOS mentioned... the Crossroads might wanna take a peek at the crossroads as well.

Jul 14, 2007 at 12:38 PM Post #6 of 22
mADmAN,

I know yuheng and walabies at the forums (i'm littleghost lol) but the price they offer at the moment is not cheap enough (walabies is offering RM500).
frown.gif
. To make it worse, i cant believe i lost the contact of an important friend in the USA who once helped me buy stuffs at the US.

I guess i should pray until someone in the US offers me a hand :lol:

Jul 14, 2007 at 1:53 PM Post #7 of 22
cheh.... no wonder.....

i saw ur post in LYN asking the same thing and i was wondering whether or not both of u are the same person *deja vu* LOL

sad to say u know how it is here for us. and the prices they offer are the best we can get
frown.gif

EDIT: just remembered...y not try asking EFN how he got his Etys?? mebbe he can give u some leads?

Jul 14, 2007 at 3:15 PM Post #10 of 22
Well, as I said I can't confirm the price as it was so long ago when I bought my ER6i. You should give Wilson an email (or a call). I also know another place in Singapore that sells ER6i (where I got mine) but they don't sell it online. Anyway, ER6i has been in the market for so long I guess the price might have drop down a bit in Singapore, so not all hope is lost. Remember, even if you get it for US$70 from U.S., you still have to ship it back and pay the custom (possibly), and it might just add up to Singapore price.

Jul 15, 2007 at 4:56 AM Post #11 of 22
If you like, I could try getting them for you from Jaben. Could probably get you a slightly better price as uncle knows me well. Most online stores won't ship to malaysia.
Why would you want to get the er6i anyway? Its the most expensive at that range and (for me), its the least worth it.

Jul 15, 2007 at 7:39 AM Post #13 of 22
At that range, there's the westone um1, UE super.fi3, beyers DTX50, or even crossroads mylar x3 or XB at less than half the price. These are the more common models that Jaben has. There're also others like the D-jays. I'm not including the shure e2c as its not worth the price (for that matter, neither is er6i). I have the um1, sf3, x3 and have tried most others in this price range.
I believe Jaben sells the er6i at just under S$200.

Jul 15, 2007 at 12:30 PM Post #15 of 22
HEY! I'm getting those to and had the same prob. I looked up at froogle for a store with international shipping, found this one:

http://shopblt.com/index.shtml

Serch for er-6i, you'll find it.
biggrin.gif

Very decent price+international shipping. They even have different types of boxes hehe.. Enjoy

Eh, EFN, ebay is hopeless, not one seller ships internationaly.. :erk:

PS: Love for malasya

Users who are viewing this thread

Back