No e500's for Christmas (Shure service sucks)
Dec 12, 2007 at 3:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Dreadhead

500+ Head-Fier
EDIT: before you rip me a new one this thread is dead!

Well after hearing (around here) that Shure service was fast I decided to send my e500's in for repair (wire cracking etc...) last week. Now they have had my headphones in hand for over 6 days (delivered last Thursday) and they aren't even "in the system" so to speak. This means that the chances of me getting my IEMs back before being stuck on planes for hours over Christmas is essentially zero. When I spoke to the Shure people they were very unhelpful and in one case the person just transfered me to someone elses voicemail without even telling me that's what they were doing. That's not the way to treat a customer.

mad.gif
Shure your headphones are good your service sucks!
mad.gif

Anyway does anyone know of a number or email so I can get to someone who cares a little more at Shure?

Dec 12, 2007 at 3:50 PM Post #2 of 14
hey dont be too harsh on shure, remember wot time of year it is, if theres a busier time of year let me know.

shure turnaround time is usually 2 weeks so dont count gettin em b4 xmas out yet. and also, you may have got sent to voicemail because the person wasnt available or simply away from the phone, which cannot be known by the person that refered you, so wheres the harm in trying again?? shure are usually fantastic and have good customer service so if you speak nice then you should get that in return but do remember what time of year it is and have some respect

Dec 12, 2007 at 4:00 PM Post #5 of 14
Thanks for the reply. I don't know about respecting someone when I have received none; no apology for the delay, the devices design flaw or any other attempt at what one would call good customer service.

I know I was harsh but connecting me to someone else without telling me ticks me right off. You'd never do in person why do people think it's ok over the phone I will never guess. I guess I was over reacting but they were supremely unhelpful. We shall see if I ever hear back from the person I left a voicemail for but I doubt it (that's a customer service voice mail thing in general not about Shure in particular).

I hope they prove me wrong and I can retract my review but they deserved it (even if I worded it a juvenile way which I admit).

Dec 12, 2007 at 4:26 PM Post #6 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dreadhead /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the reply. I don't know about respecting someone when I have received none; no apology for the delay, the devices design flaw or any other attempt at what one would call good customer service.

I know I was harsh but connecting me to someone else without telling me ticks me right off. You'd never do in person why do people think it's ok over the phone I will never guess. I guess I was over reacting but they were supremely unhelpful. We shall see if I ever hear back from the person I left a voicemail for but I doubt it (that's a customer service voice mail thing in general not about Shure in particular).

I hope they prove me wrong and I can retract my review but they deserved it (even if I worded it a juvenile way which I admit).

yeh i worded my reply a bit harsh there sorry, its just myself and lots of others have had great experiences with shure in the past, ive recieved free black foam tips and had much advice about how to use them in certain weather conditions and so on so i was a bit suprised to read how they have been with you

Dec 12, 2007 at 4:28 PM Post #7 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by flibottf /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^Is he working for shure? ...

i wish
tongue.gif
id probably be on more money than i am now.

on a serious note i responded like that because it just seemed he jumped the gun abit to be so harsh about shure customer service, ive had great experiences with them so was shocked to see such an attack on them lol

Dec 12, 2007 at 4:45 PM Post #8 of 14
maybe buy another pair
very_evil_smiley.gif
...or upgrade to UE11's and sell the 5notes when they come back from repair. This time of year for client service in any industry may be delayed. Hope it works out..Thought the thread would be more complicated with the title and all,
eek.gif

Dec 12, 2007 at 6:49 PM Post #9 of 14
It usually would help calling Shure first to ensure what you need to do.

I've discussed this on a previous post and some of the factors to keep in mind is how far you live from the Chicagoland area, what kind of shipping method you used, and how many "things" Shure has in stock. In the event it's an E500, it's going to be replaced by the SE530 (sniff).

In the future, I would recommend using either Federal Express or UPS since you can track the shipment.

Usually the turnaround time would be 15 business days, but allow at least 4-5 weeks for full processing. I know this sucks but you have to have a patient head.

I just want to let all of you guys know that I've submitted a question to Shure regarding about the wire cracking/caking issue associated with the SE Earphones, including but not limited to the E500 (now SE530).

Dec 12, 2007 at 8:10 PM Post #10 of 14
This thread is a massive overreaction based upon unreasonable expectations. If you want to complain after you actually know you are being screwed or have been screwed, that is one thing. Simply assuming it won't work out because you don't think you were treated with enough care in the busiest time of year jumps the gun.

Try PM'ing members Sugarfried or TurkishDelight to see if they can help you get a little more info and to tell them about your CS experience. They will likely help you out, although I would be far less inclined to help you out given that your 4th and 5th posts on this forum were spent in an unfair bashing thread against their company.

Best of luck with the E500s. Mine are going strong from time of release to the present.

Dec 12, 2007 at 10:56 PM Post #11 of 14
No worries. I guess it's not my right to complain.
biggrin.gif

I did contact them before hand and they said send them in and I did ship UPS. They recieved them 6 days ago (4 full working days) and they haven't even made it into their system. This means one of two things: the info was entered incorrectly or they take a awful long time to enter the info. I tried to explain that the first item was a possibility and was not assisted or even listened to.

My expectation was NOT that they return them to me before Christmas (this was a hope) but that I would be able to know when they are expected to be shipped to I could know if I needed to make other arrangements. I do not think that this is unreasonable.

I also do not see why their repair department would be any busier at Christmas than at any other time of the year unless their equipment breaks on a yearly schedule (which I don't think is true).

I thought my e500's were going strong too until the day I had to put electrical tape on them to prevent the buds from breaking off. Again it's not unreasonable to expect the cord not break. I hope yours stay working; thanks for rubbing it in my face
wink.gif

Thanks to you all for ripping me a new one though
biggrin.gif
replying gives me something to to when I'm stuck without my phones. I think it's half frustration at the crap Sony IEM(ish) things I have now.

Dec 12, 2007 at 11:19 PM Post #12 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Voltron /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This thread is a massive overreaction based upon unreasonable expectations. If you want to complain after you actually know you are being screwed or have been screwed, that is one thing. Simply assuming it won't work out because you don't think you were treated with enough care in the busiest time of year jumps the gun.

Try PM'ing members Sugarfried or TurkishDelight to see if they can help you get a little more info and to tell them about your CS experience. They will likely help you out, although I would be far less inclined to help you out given that your 4th and 5th posts on this forum were spent in an unfair bashing thread against their company.

Best of luck with the E500s. Mine are going strong from time of release to the present.

There is no link between the number of posts and the expectations, just because they don't have many posts on head-fi doesn't mean they don't know what to expect as a customer!!! It doesn't even matter if they were $20 IEMs or $2000 IEMs, every customer service officer should treat ALL customers with respect and keep them informed. This is where the OP is frustrated...I also would never tolerate rude customer service, as long as they tell me what they are doing and advise of the turnaround time, its all good. For someone to transfer the call without even telling them why or who they are being transferred to is just plain rude! I agree with the OP, even if the turnaround is 2 weeks or 4 weeks or even 2 months, it still doesn't mean the customer service dept. should be rude!!!

Dec 13, 2007 at 1:46 AM Post #13 of 14
I've had pretty good luck with Shure service. I think I was was a shade over two weeks in getting my e4's replaced.

How long is acceptable and how long is too long is that crazy line between the customer and the service department.

This is a horrible time of year for sending and receiving packages. Maybe the guy who authorizes the returns was out of the office for a couple of days. I'm pretty positive that these weren't the only pair of headphones they've received that week or day and maybe shure is trying to streamline their customer service and this guy was one of those guys who help them do a better job next time.

Most of the shure service i've heard about has been very favorable. The same could be said about Earpeace tech and their livewires, even though my service wasn't what I would consider great, there honestly wasn't anything wrong with it. It just wasn't what I was expecting.

Dec 13, 2007 at 1:45 PM Post #14 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by navmau /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There is no link between the number of posts and the expectations, just because they don't have many posts on head-fi doesn't mean they don't know what to expect as a customer!!!

No there's not a link between number of posts and the expectations of good customer service but a new member might want to think about doing a bit of research in regards to the best route to take if they have concerns than to go off half cocked posting a thread bashing customer service with a title stating something that at this point is simply not true because it hasn't happened yet. Do you think Sugarfried or TurkishDelight will be more or less inclined to help after seeing this thread than if the OP had done some research and PM'd them before posting? In all honesty though, I don't see any reason for the OP to be contacting either of them at this point in the process anyway, he's barely given Shure any chance for a reasonable turnaround time before complaining.

Quote:

Originally Posted by navmau /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For someone to transfer the call without even telling them why or who they are being transferred to is just plain rude! I agree with the OP, even if the turnaround is 2 weeks or 4 weeks or even 2 months, it still doesn't mean the customer service dept. should be rude!!!

This seems to be the real reason for the OP to post this thread to which I would reply that we're only hearing one side of the story. We weren't listening in to hear what was said or what occurred beforehand, often times in situations such as this people can construe offense where none was intended or there may have been extenuating circumstances on the other end, there's really a multitude of reasons that something like this could happen and it's pretty hard for any of us to make a judgment call without knowing all the circumstances.

To the OP, also remember Shure doesn't just make headphones for consumers they are a very large company serving both the pro audio and consumer audio markets, as such they probably have a much larger volume of repairs to deal with than the average high-end consumer audio company, that your package hadn't entered the system after 4 business days really says nothing, it's been stated that Shure's US turnaround time is typically around 2 weeks which IMO is not unreasonable, in fact I think that's excellent. If your thread title comes to pass and you don't have them by Christmas then I'd look further into it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back