No difference.
Mar 23, 2008 at 7:23 PM Post #3 of 18
At least he lives up to his user name.
wink.gif

Mar 23, 2008 at 7:29 PM Post #4 of 18
Why does it matter if he's a troll? Does that make the story not true? He didn't write the story engadet did. It should be moved to the cable section though.

I'm a amateur photographer and on the Nikon forums (I shoot Nikon) anyone posts with a valid point about Canon (and vice versa) and the only response is from many is "shoo troll" which does nothing to raise the level of discussion. Just a thought.

Mar 23, 2008 at 7:34 PM Post #6 of 18
The whole "good cable vs. bad cable" argument is about as productive as arguing about religion or politics, which is to say not productive at all.

I have to admit though, at least the "good cables" look pretty cool. =)

Edit: also wrong subforum.

Mar 23, 2008 at 7:50 PM Post #7 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by synaesthetic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The whole "good cable vs. bad cable" argument is about as productive as arguing about religion or politics, which is to say not productive at all.

I have to admit though, at least the "good cables" look pretty cool. =)

Edit: also wrong subforum.

I agree, we might as well be arguing whether there is a God or not at this point.
rolleyes.gif

Mar 23, 2008 at 8:59 PM Post #11 of 18
A sock puppet from the cable forum. Vote for a lock.

Mar 23, 2008 at 9:50 PM Post #12 of 18
So what is exactly shocking about audiophiles not being able to tell the difference between coat hangars and Monster cables? This says something more about the quality of Monster cables rather than about cables in general.

Mar 23, 2008 at 10:22 PM Post #13 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So what is exactly shocking about audiophiles not being able to tell the difference between coat hangars and Monster cables? This says something more about the quality of Monster cables rather than about cables in general.

I have to agree with you. I don't know what this "experiment" should show me. I think/know that there is a difference between a cheap cable and a good cable but I also believe that it's a little bit crazy to spend thousands of dollars on cables For example I used to have some cheap 5€ RCA cable and I had some strange noise in my audio signal, then I bought BlueJeansCables and the noise was gone. The BJC cables didn't cost me a fortune either so I'm happy with it.
I don't claim that I hear a difference or something. It is just a fact that the better insulated cable prevented the noise to enter in my signal.

Mar 23, 2008 at 10:48 PM Post #14 of 18
Interesting how this discussion focuses on who said what where. No one had a personal experience then? If we discuss sound quality, how about trying different cables for yourself and then giving such an educated opinion?
I did not believe cables made a large difference, although logic and a very basic knowledge of electronics tell you they should make SOME difference. I used two very different cables in my living room set-up and the difference was very obvious. MIT Terminator 5 = strong bass and powerful sound; Signal cable internal bi-wire = less bass but increased definition and "airiness" on top. I had people who never tried to listen to "audiophile" grade stuff spot the difference right away.

Mar 24, 2008 at 12:47 AM Post #15 of 18
Gentlemen, the only point, as currently constructed, is that this has been discussed, ad nauseum, in the proper forum, which is NOT amps. Just wasting bandwidth.

Mods, please lock or move.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back