No, a scratch on my A900s!!!
Mar 18, 2006 at 6:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Heyyoudvd

500+ Head-Fier
I just found a mark on my A900s.
frown.gif

It's about half a cm long and 1-2 mm wide and it's white and rough. Initially I thought I just got something on the headphones but after intense rubbing, I realized that it was like that because of a lack of the nice blue finish on that small area. I don't know how I got that because I treat the headphones with a lot of care.

Is there any way to touch it up? I'm a bit of a perfectionist.

Mar 18, 2006 at 6:35 PM Post #2 of 5
I got a mark on mine too.
frown.gif

On the blue aluminium bit, a little silver dot. I am hugely careful with them and my HD580s, both are either on my head, hung beneath my monitor or resting on a nearby chair.
They go on the chair so I can leave everthing connected, ready to be picked up and used!

Mar 18, 2006 at 6:37 PM Post #3 of 5
I've never seen that headphone in person. But judging from the pictures it looks like a shiny blue finish. You can probably go to a local hardware store and get one of those touch up "markers" (used for cars) in an appropriate colour.

Mar 18, 2006 at 6:49 PM Post #4 of 5
will it be possible to send it to AT and have the cups changed?

think it may cost quite a little if they do..

Mar 18, 2006 at 8:18 PM Post #5 of 5
I also have the A900's. DO NOT use a touch up marker. Like you, I too am a perfectionist with my equipment
tongue.gif
. I feel your pain! The touch up marker will not make it look stock, it will be different no matter how much care you exercise (especially on a surface like the 900's). If it truly bothers you, a replacement is prob the best approach...

I built a custom stand for my desk to hold my 900's with scrap I found at my local Home Depot. I stained/lacquered it (also built a matching amp stand). This way I always have them secured. The whole project cost $10-.

Best of luck, hope everything works out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back