NJB3 price drop
Nov 8, 2002 at 1:22 AM Post #2 of 11
I just decided to get one for use at work. I think the price is pretty good, and according to what I have read at this forum, NJB3 seems to be one of the best MP3 player around.

I never use (make) MP3 before, I hope the learning curve is not steep.
redface.gif

Nov 8, 2002 at 9:07 AM Post #3 of 11
The Nomad 3 makes good use of well encoded MP3's. I'm really pleased with mine even though I paid nearly £400 for it. I've just ordered the wired remote control for it so I can occasionally use my SL version of my 888's with it along with the Koss KSC-35's.

Nov 9, 2002 at 6:04 AM Post #4 of 11
Got mine today from Buy.com, and they've matched the Amazon price....and they do support the rebate.

Great deal...nice player. The line out sounds great...amazing sound, 20gb, under 2 bills. I'm pleased too...

Nov 17, 2002 at 6:40 PM Post #6 of 11
So did you qualify for the rebate? I can't imagine you wouldn't, since the rebate form is available as a PDF on Creative's site.

I'm liking this device more than I thought I would. It sounds great with well encoded VBR mp3s, from the line out to my Meta42 to my 600s...it is lovely. I hate the file system UI, but I picked up the Notmad Explorer, which is very useful...Red Chair Software if you haven't seen it yet.

With a better interface, the NJB3 has won me over big time.

Nov 17, 2002 at 8:45 PM Post #7 of 11
Quote:

Originally posted by AngusMcToon
So did you qualify for the rebate? I can't imagine you wouldn't, since the rebate form is available as a PDF on Creative's site.

I'm liking this device more than I thought I would. It sounds great with well encoded VBR mp3s, from the line out to my Meta42 to my 600s...it is lovely. I hate the file system UI, but I picked up the Notmad Explorer, which is very useful...Red Chair Software if you haven't seen it yet.

With a better interface, the NJB3 has won me over big time.

I don't know if I qualify for the rebate yet. I still haven't send it in. AngusMcToon, would you show me the URL of the rebate form on creative's site? I cannot find it...

I have been using it for about a week, I think Playcenter software is still buggy. It is causing me quite a bit of trouble, I think I will check out the Nomad Explorer you mentioned.

I kind of expected that it comes with a IR remote control but it doesn't, so I'm a little disappointed in this respect.

I have some usability issue with it as well, but I hope they'll improve in the future firmware upgrade....

Overall, I'm still happy with it.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 18, 2002 at 12:44 AM Post #8 of 11
Hmmm...having trouble finding it, though I'd have sworn it was there. Buy.com's rebate form will probably do the job for you...it doesn't look Buy.com specific...the same form shows up at Computers4Sure.com as well.

Have you flashed the player up the 2 revs of firmware that are on the Creative web site? The latest one gives you a critical feature...album mode in the playlist on the player....this helps mitigate the endless flat file structure of the audio list.

Clearly, the Nomad does not beat the iPod on UI...but let me know how much you like Notmad...It too has its quirks, but it's pretty good. I guess my satisfaction with the player so far has been mostly based on the fact that it sounds good to my ears...

Nomadness.net is a good info site for Nomad tricks as well...

Nov 18, 2002 at 2:21 AM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Originally posted by andrzejpw
Why wouldn't amazon be eligible for the rebate? I'm sure they're an authorized dealer. . .

I'm not sure about it because Amazon does not put the rebate form on their web site, which it normally does for other rebates...Well, I think I'll give it a shot anyways send in the rebate form download from buy.com....

Nov 18, 2002 at 2:30 AM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

Originally posted by AngusMcToon
Have you flashed the player up the 2 revs of firmware that are on the Creative web site? The latest one gives you a critical feature...album mode in the playlist on the player....this helps mitigate the endless flat file structure of the audio list.

Clearly, the Nomad does not beat the iPod on UI...but let me know how much you like Notmad...It too has its quirks, but it's pretty good. I guess my satisfaction with the player so far has been mostly based on the fact that it sounds good to my ears...

Nomadness.net is a good info site for Nomad tricks as well...

Yup, upgraded the firmwares even before downloaded the songs.
biggrin.gif
However, there are still a lot of (minor) things that could've been better, I think. Also, shuffle play always plays the same first few songs from a playlist... I think it's a bug...

I also think it sounds pretty good, even from headphone out driving 7506, the sound is decent.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back