Nintendo Switch Headphone Power Output (ohm)
Sep 13, 2018 at 6:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Megazine

New Head-Fier
Nintendo switch has great games for portability, but one thing it lacks is decent power output for headphones. I currently use Sennheiser HD-598 (50ohm), but the switch cant juice it up; max volume is low and you lose out on detail. I tried finding the power output for the switch, but I can't seem to find information on it. I came across 16ohm, but not sure how accurate that is. Anyone got recommendation for headphones or just information on Switch power output?

IMG_1778.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2018 at 9:05 AM Post #3 of 4

Megazine

New Head-Fier
I've been using IEMs with mine. Have you considered using a Dac/amp using the usb-c from the switch or just a pure headphone amp using the 3.5mm?

Hi, I have IEMs, but I like to use open headphones for the little one at the home, or to be aware of my surroundings in public. I have not tried the USB-C port for sound output. Didn't know that was possible. I do have a Dragonfly Red, but not sure how to connect it. I'm guessing I would need a USB-C Male to USB-female adapter? Something like this might work: Switch>USB-C male to USB-female>DFR>Headphones?

Sep 14, 2018 at 12:19 PM Post #4 of 4

wmak79

Head-Fier
Yes, you'd just need something like that. But you might want to search the internet to see if your Dragonfly Red works with the Switch. It's sort of a hit or miss right now with external dac/amps and the Switch.

Users who are viewing this thread