nintendo gameboy questions
Jun 8, 2005 at 6:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

terrymx

Headphoneus Supremus
since i'll be away from home for another 3 weeks i went and bought a gameboy color, the older version. i got ripped off buying the games, 2 cartridges for $30. i think its a bit much for an old system. i never owned a gameboy before actually. seem like it has no backlight and i can hardly see. i'm looking at the advance sp since it has backlight.

first question, can the advance sp play the old gameboy color carttridges?

secondly, i have to use a headphone adaptor for the advance sp, how bad is the sound? are there third party artifacts?

and last, is there any good place online to buy gameboy color cartidges? Gamestop is the only game store here and the price is ridiculously expensive. I dont feel like spending $15 each on a used gameboy color game.

i'm not into new technology or spending alot of money, so i wont be interested in the psp, revolution or ds.

Jun 8, 2005 at 6:15 AM Post #2 of 7
SP can play GBC stuff. Used stores like Gamestop generally have gameboy advance games pretty cheap. $15 is nothing. Games can be $30-40.

Get a DS. You can get one with some games for around 100. Thats how much a friend of mine sold his for w/some things.

Jun 8, 2005 at 7:52 AM Post #3 of 7
If you can find roms of what you're looking for, there's cartridges that have rewriteable memory that's in some cases big enough to hold several games per unit, which is very good for classic gameboy titles, but those carts are expensive. I really don't care though. I just play gameboy emulator on PC, and there should be emulators available for PDA's and other mediums as well.
biggrin.gif
Abe

Jun 8, 2005 at 9:20 AM Post #4 of 7
seeberg thanks for the (illegal) info. sound interesting but i'm not going to try that. i know i can get it for emulator but i'm not home with my own computer now. on the other hand, i dont have a pda either. i'm getting to the point where its college and work so i have less time to play for long hours, thought it might be a good idea to get a handheld one for on the go.

i just bought a gba sp and two batteries on ebay for $87 total. i cant believe i dropped $30 for metal slug though. dont they even have classic tetris, all the puzzle games are some weird things. i'm out of touch with nintendo.

Jun 8, 2005 at 2:53 PM Post #5 of 7
I horde all my classic gameboy games. I still have the original Tetris from the first gameboy and I have a daily two-player Tetris action with a friend of mine during lunch breaks. Actually I have two copies of Tetris, but the second copy is back in Illinois. You'll just have to look around. Some of the nice thing about the Advanced was that they did put out a few RPG's for it which was nice. The Legend of Zelda games for the Gameboy are also worthwhile to get.

Jun 8, 2005 at 5:55 PM Post #6 of 7
Congrats, I don't think you will be disappointed, I play mine quite a bit. Having to buy/use the headphone adapter is a pain, though. Sounds surprisingly good amped though (yeah, I'm that nerdy). I really like this site for the review database. http://www.gametab.com/plat/gba/
This reminds me that I never picked up the new zelda... ugh... must... resist...

Jun 9, 2005 at 5:22 AM Post #7 of 7
Hey, don't forget about Final Fantasy Adventure(GB)/Sword of Mana(GBA remake), it's regarded as one of the best RPG's out there. Also, the Final Fantasy Legend series is top notch as well.
biggrin.gif
Abe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back