Ninja Hotlinks?
Jul 13, 2005 at 9:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Jahn

Headphoneus Supremus Prolificus
Anyone else reading posts, and random words in the posts or even in the sig, are hotlinked to ads?

Edit - lol here is an example! I SS'd my signature having "cable" ninja hotlinked to some ad!

ads.jpg

Jul 13, 2005 at 10:07 PM Post #2 of 11
Yeah, I was just looking at that. And the site with the explanation. It's rather weird tho. There was a link in Jude's sig where it said "audio" and the ad was there and disapeared right in front of my eyes while I was watching the page. I wasn't even reloading the page or anything. The link just dissapeared (sp?).
confused.gif

f5 and there it was again.

Jul 13, 2005 at 10:17 PM Post #5 of 11
I'm very much bothered about this kind of commercialization of Head-Fi. It really devaluates the posts -- comparable to interrupting commercials in TV movies. (Just opened a new thread about this -- by mistake in the headphone forum.)

peacesign.gif

Jul 13, 2005 at 10:30 PM Post #7 of 11
It's the pop up kind of ad that bothers me because (like I said in the other thread) I have the habbit of going over the text with my mouse while reading and with such an ad popping up in the text it bothers you while reading.
If the link only turned purple or anything then I wouldn't be bothered because then you can just read on.

Jul 13, 2005 at 11:04 PM Post #9 of 11
I don't see them on any of the threads which leads me to believe it is on your PC's. Jude has mentioned nothing of this and it is not something he would be likely to endorse.

Jul 13, 2005 at 11:08 PM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by john_jcb
I don't see them on any of the threads which leads me to believe it is on your PC's. Jude has mentioned nothing of this and it is not something he would be likely to endorse.

Sorry, John, I didn't mention it yet, because I didn't know it was applied to the default template. I asked that it only be applied to one of the forums as a test run, and I wanted to see it in test mode first before even that went live. I feel I have to at least test it, and I'm going to.

http://www5.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=127710

Users who are viewing this thread

Back