Nina's Garden, a Japanese Headphone Blog
Apr 11, 2007 at 8:11 AM Post #76 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by J-Pak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
He has very good taste in sources
smily_headphones1.gif

I take that back, he has extremely good taste in sources, Northstar, dcs, EMM my god
blink.gif

you forgot chord!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sasaki /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Welcome to the head-fi ! Sorry about your wallet.
But It's too late LOL

yeah, he's been to hell and back already

Quote:

Originally Posted by nina /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thank you everybody.

my favorite headphone is ATH-L3000.

As for externals covered with leather, it is beautiful, and the sound is also
wonderful.
I hoped to want this for a long time.
And, it was able to be obtained finally recently!
3000smile.gif

(Please point it out when there is a strange part in my English. )

"externals" would probably make more sense as "exterior"
"hoped to want this" doesn't make much sense; "hoped to own this" or "wanted to own this" would be perfect.
"the l3000 was able to be obtained finally/recently"

there! very good english though, at least you actually capitalize correctly, unlike me!

Quote:

It quotes it from blog by which I wrote the prototype.

CD PLAYER : DENON DCD-CX3
AMP : DENON PMA-CX3

●Common feature of both models
・headband is very soft
・sound often leaks to the outside

●AH-D2000
This headphone emits a cold-hearted sound.
I felt that this headphone had done very accurate reproduction.
I felt a cool sound similar to ATH-A1000.

●AH-D5000
This headphone strongly reproduces the bass a little.
I didn't feel rich sound imagined from a wooden face.
I like sound that is more colorful than this.

the only mess-up here is "strongly reproduces bass a little"; do you mean it doesn't have a large quantity of bass, or that it does have a large quantity of bass?

it's a shame that the d5000 doesn't seem to be rich; denon makes great stuff, shame their headphones aren't up to snuff.

but yeah, welcome to head-fi. sorry about your wallet, i guess, but it looks like she's been around the block a few times.
tongue.gif

Apr 11, 2007 at 8:34 AM Post #77 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by Inkmo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Howdy Nina! I'm sure I'm not the first to say it, but welcome to head-fi.
Cool blog, great pics!

日本語少しだけわかります。たいてい、日本のメーカーが新しいヘッドホンを発売する時 (オーディオテクニ カ大好き!)、英語情報が少なかったら、日本語ウェブサイトやレビューを探そうと思います。どんなに呼んで みても、この趣味の特別な言葉がわかりにくいなんて。。。残念。
confused.gif
それでも、二ナさんのブログなど読めるようになりたい。

head-fiへようこそ。 よろしくね Hope my Japanese isn't too awful.

Inkmoさんの日本語は、私のEnglishよりもはるかにすばらしいです
wink.gif

この趣味の特別な言葉は、とてもわかりにくいです。
わからない言葉があったら私にきいてください。できるかぎり協力します!

Apr 11, 2007 at 8:38 AM Post #78 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Too funny! But in fairness, I did use some conditional language:

"If they are (her headphones) and she's as cute as the chick in the animation, I may have just found my wife..."

So no dice if Nina has 3 legs, no dice if she has only 2 legs and is only kinda cute, and no dice if those aren't her headphones! We would have a couple of duplicate pairs but that's Ok. Those could be sold to pay for the wedding.

Hey, if the posters on this forum looked like their awesome female avatars, we wouldn't have to go to Japan for babes. Unfortunately, it sounds like the Japanese dudes do the same thing as a lot of the dudes here--wishful thinking. But if you're really women here and that's really your picture, please speak up and I'll be right over, (and Wmcmanus will be close behind).

Apr 11, 2007 at 9:00 AM Post #81 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by warrior05 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does anybody else find it kind of hilarious how he has all these uber cans (and not so uber cans) but uses banana stands?
tongue.gif

Your opinion is correct.
but,The banana stand is very cheap the cost and convenient.
Only a very expensive stand exists in Japan.

Apr 11, 2007 at 9:37 AM Post #83 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by rb67 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've noticed that a few people have wondered about RH-300's. I spent some free time today translating nina's review on 1-11-2007.

A very interesting pair of headphones indeed! I may have to look into acquiring a pair.
smily_headphones1.gif

I've saved it as a PDF.
RH-300.pdf

Your translation is perfect.
It is wonderful!

RH-300 sounds a very cool and speedy sound.
I like there.

Apr 11, 2007 at 10:15 AM Post #84 of 100
Quote:

I don't.
It is because nobody owns R10 by even my friends.
It is only here to see it on the site in Japan.
http://www.geocities.jp/ryumatsuba/column26.html
top page
http://www.geocities.jp/ryumatsuba/

It is surprised to hear that …………as I find that some second-hand R10 appear in Japan Ebay more frequently

In addition, what is your comment about the Edition 9?????

S/N of your L3000G is????

Apr 11, 2007 at 6:35 PM Post #85 of 100
Quote:

I've noticed that a few people have wondered about Roland RH-300's. I spent some free time today translating nina's review on 1-11-2007.

A very interesting pair of headphones indeed! I may have to look into acquiring a pair.
smily_headphones1.gif

I've saved it as a PDF.
Roland RH-300.pdf

Besides Nina's total approval of your translation, it's really nicely written!

{I thought it worth pasting/posting for the PDF-challenged … and, surprisingly, there still are some.}

Quote:

Originally Posted by rb67
From Nina’s Garden
http://blog.livedoor.jp/ninaslabo/ar..._50023891.html
Translated by RB67, for head-fi.
1-11-2007
Headphone Review – Roland RH-300
At yesterday’s New Year’s party, I was able to listen to these and really liked the sound so I immediately bought them. The Roland RH-300
[image]
The package is vaguely business like and simple
[image]
There isn’t even anything as indulgent as a warranty card in this Spartan package. What would I do if it breaks…

From appearances it looks very normal, but the color and feel of the materials are high quality. The ear pads are soft, and the headphones are very nice to wear. The plug is reliably built and there aren’t any cheap spots, very cool.
[image]
However, it seems like some day I’ll get a break (break in a circuit, often incorrectly referred to as a “short”) in this unreliable cord.

Anyways, let’s start the audition as usual.

Sounds such as vocals or cellos are placed in front of you and they have body, a very rich sound. (Perhaps it might sound so since the sound is a bit low) {< not sure about parenthesis}
High notes have a somewhat thin presentation, but they are very clean.
Violins can be a little too flashy, but they are very clear and sound good. It never sounds piercing.

I get the impression that low notes are highly emphasized. However, unlike poor headphones, aren’t muddy. They are, in the end, high end headphones.

Actually, I don’t know what to think, I get the feeling the low end has impact, but the rest of it is comparably flat. Even though the lower end is powerful, as a whole, the tone is a bit heavy.
It’s not like it is dark, but that is the first characteristic that comes to mind. Every bit of the signature has clarity and leaves a clear, refreshing impression. Imaging is very good. I believe it expresses drum attack and guitars very well. On the other hand, depth and expanse are moderate. Being monitors, this is expected. They perform very well in expressing three-dimensionality and layered sounds. When I say they are like monitors, you may think that they are fatiguing, but I take that stance that these are monitors that are easy to listen to.

One more point to mention is the synergy with the BCL. (I think he’s referring to the Lehmann Black Cube Linear headphone amplifier)
The BCL has a slightly soft low end presentation, so I feel it balances the RH-300’s strong low end quite well. They compliment each other well enough that they might as well sell them as a set. LOL

I’m guessing they will pair well with an HX-3 also. Man… I want an HX-3.

The normal music recommendations are pieces with the cello or guitar as the focus.
On the other side, I also recommend hard rock, punk, and metal. They have a somewhat revolutionary flashiness about them, a little like Ultrasones.
My Chemical Romance sounded amazing, strangely cool. It’s been a while since headphones have made me feel this way.
Pops or step recording types of music also have their individual components well defined and is a very refreshing sound.

I like airtight (lit.) sounds but for people who get fatigued by the MDR-CD900ST and thus don’t really like them…. these should be a smash hit. For others, this may just be an average headphone. However, people who like metal or punk should buy these headphones in my opinion. After that, all you have to do is pray that you don’t lose too much of your hearing from aging.

Apr 12, 2007 at 12:06 AM Post #87 of 100
Quote:

わからない言葉があったら私にきいてください。できるかぎり協力します!

ありがとう!:D 

(僕より、ササキさんの方がいいですけど) 英語について聞きたいことあったら、ぜったいできるだけ手伝い ます :D

Apr 12, 2007 at 4:33 AM Post #88 of 100
Those Roland headphones sure seem quite interesting. I've found a few online stores here that sell them for about $175. Anyone willing to take the plunge?

Apr 15, 2007 at 9:44 AM Post #89 of 100
For my 1000th post, I present:
Nina's Victor HP-DX1000 headphone review!
This was a really detailed review, and was quite a challenge but fun at the same time. (any corrections are welcome as I'm still learning Japanese)

Summary: These headphones sound really great and definitely compete with other top end offerings. It has a very rich sound signature, but with well controlled bass, amazing detail, a glassy smoothness, and awesome highs.

Here's the review
Victor HP-DX1000

A very interesting pair of headphones indeed!

Apr 15, 2007 at 11:45 AM Post #90 of 100
Quote:

For my 1000th post, I present:
Nina's Victor HP-DX1000 headphone review!
This was a really detailed review, and was quite a challenge but fun at the same time. (any corrections are welcome as I'm still learning Japanese)

Summary: These headphones sound really great and definitely compete with other top end offerings. It has a very rich sound signature, but with well controlled bass, amazing detail, a glassy smoothness, and awesome highs.

Here's the review
Victor HP-DX1000

A very interesting pair of headphones indeed!

Excellent work, note for the rest of the story. One translation a week would work.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back