Nina's Garden, a Japanese Headphone Blog
Apr 9, 2007 at 5:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 100

Wmcmanus

President treasurer secretary and sole member of the Cayman Islands Head-Fi Club.
What I'm wondering is whether this person is a collector or just an enthusiast who reports to others about the headphones she find exciting. I've tried the usual translation software but the results are more babble than fish. What I'm wondering (more than anything) is whether all or most of these pics are of her own headphones? If they are and she's as cute as the chick in the animation, I may have just found my wife...

See here: http://blog.livedoor.jp/ninaslabo/ar..._50023891.html

Can anyone help?

Apr 9, 2007 at 5:49 PM Post #2 of 100
I'm guessing the blogger is a guy. Only read in far enough to see the masculine personal pronoun 'ore'. I don't know. Maybe girls can use it sometimes? But it's irregular....

Apr 9, 2007 at 5:50 PM Post #3 of 100
Thanks!!

Pioneer makes a headphone amp?
Some of those Roland cans look really nice.

Can anyone ID that Queen CD, about 1/2 way down the page?

Am I the only one who finds the old ATH-W100 SUPER sharp looking?

Apr 9, 2007 at 6:04 PM Post #5 of 100
Incredible find. A bunch of headphone reviews on that page, lots of beautiful photos as well. Too bad I can't read Japanese. :/

I'm wonder who this Nina person is...

Apr 9, 2007 at 6:23 PM Post #9 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Can anyone ID that Queen CD, about 1/2 way down the page?

I believe it is the 'Heaven For Everyone' CD-Single, and I believe there are many different versions of that particular disc.

Here is an example.

And here is a link to the Queen singles discography. Check out the section for "Heaven For Everyone / It's A Beautiful Day". My guess is that it is probably the "CD5 Japan - EMI TOCP-8680 Heaven For Everyone / Keep Yourself Alive / Seven Seas of Rhye" version.

Apr 9, 2007 at 6:27 PM Post #10 of 100
Holy cow! I didn't realize you got a complimentary set of Ultrasone pencils with the purchase of a pair of Edition 9s! That seals the deal, now I MUST buy a pair of Edition 9s...

very_evil_smiley.gif

Apr 9, 2007 at 6:40 PM Post #12 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
this guy is quite possibly crazier than you are Wmcmanus! im quite sure too that you would get on quite well... not one of us can resist those photos and they incredible dedication to what we know is such a losing venture!

Losing venture? Honestly, if you bought only the top of the line headphones before they were discontinued, you would almost never lose. In fact, if you were so inclined, you could actually make some serious money this way. My pair of R10 cost $2,600 brand new. My used HP-2 (although in excellent condition) cost $500. My mint condition K-1000 cost $300. My near mint Orpheus system cost $8,000. I could make money selling any of these (although I probably never will).

Where poeple tend to lose the most money in this hobby is by contantly upgrading by buying new and selling used. This is particularly true with current production headphones in the lower price ranges. There is nothing "special" about them that will make them collector's items thus they will depreciate heavily. If someone were to enter the hobby by immediately buying only top end headphones and then holding on to them, chances are their investment would be well protected.

I'm sure I'd get on well with this guy. But I'd really get on well with Nina if she was a she, especially if she were a young lady who resembled that animated character at the top of the blog!

Apr 9, 2007 at 6:42 PM Post #13 of 100
Nina's Lab is written by a guy if I'm not mistaken. It's one of a number of headphone-related blogs in Japan.

I've visited it several times in the past, but it seems they've been busy since I last visited.

Apr 9, 2007 at 6:43 PM Post #14 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by lmilhan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Holy cow! I didn't realize you got a complimentary set of Ultrasone pencils with the purchase of a pair of Edition 9s! That seals the deal, now I MUST buy a pair of Edition 9s...

very_evil_smiley.gif

And an uber-cool pencil-box
rs1smile.gif
rs1smile.gif

Apr 9, 2007 at 6:47 PM Post #15 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Losing venture? Honestly, if you bought only the top of the line headphones before they were discontinued, you would almost never lose. In fact, if you were so inclined, you could actually make some serious money this way. My pair of R10 cost $2,600 brand new. My used HP-2 (although in excellent condition) cost $500. My mint condition K-1000 cost $300. My near mint Orpheus system cost $8,000. I could make money selling any of these (although I probably never will).

Where poeple tend to lose the most money in this hobby is by contantly upgrading by buying new and selling used. This is particularly true with current production headphones in the lower price ranges. There is nothing "special" about them that will make them collector's items thus they will depreciate heavily. If someone were to enter the hobby by immediately buying only top end headphones and then holding on to them, chances are their investment would be well protected.

I'm sure I'd get on well with this guy. But I'd really get on well with Nina if she was a she, especially if she were a young lady who resembled that animated character at the top of the blog!

there is truth in that, but... haha - i've just got to say no to new headphones and focus on something that will keep shape... ie use headphones only whilst at home and make sure there is no time like that!

on a final note... rather not date a cartoon. though, proportionately speaking, you cannot really ever lose

Users who are viewing this thread

Back