Nik's Signature ?
Jun 7, 2004 at 2:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

ManiacSmile

100+ Head-Fier
At the time of posting this thread Nik's signature is showing this :

AN IDIOT TUBEROLLER !!!
Linn Sondek CD 12
Stax Omega II
Egmont Reference (Sylvania 6SN7 GTB NOS 1940 - Telefunken ECC803s NOS)
Sennheiser HD 650/Cardas cable
RP5 Reference S.E. (Tesla NOS E88CC)
Shinpy Spheros cables
MusicTools shelves
Siltech Octopus Signature mains supply
--------------------------------------
alfonsi9@interfree.it

the top portion of the signature is something that made me stumble while reading the forums. I'm hoping Nik will explain if there's any relation between his signature and someone who posts frequently on this forums, whom I greatly respect and with whom I met personally, as well as plenty of other head-fi meet attendees. I also hope I misread the reference in which case the mods should freely delete this thread.

Jun 7, 2004 at 3:02 AM Post #2 of 15
The reference is not to the tuberoller who likes to walk around naked and tell us about it in reviews of various headphone related products.

An idiot tuberoller is basically what Kevin Gilmore called Nik in a heated thread on electrostatic amplifiers.

Jun 7, 2004 at 3:02 AM Post #3 of 15
No, IMO, he meant that he is an idiot tuberoller I don't think that he is talking about Fred of course...

Jun 7, 2004 at 3:10 AM Post #4 of 15
Yes, this is the label that was attached to Nik by the omniscient one.

Jun 7, 2004 at 3:15 AM Post #5 of 15
I fought that battle and lost that war. Nik is referring to himself as an "Idiot Tuberoller" and not to the "Tuberoller" of our forums...

Note the "AN" before the "Idiot Tuberoller"

very_evil_smiley.gif

Jun 7, 2004 at 4:33 AM Post #7 of 15
I already know I'm an idiot. I don't need Nik to remind me
biggrin.gif

I hope you guys understand that english is not Nik's first language and that he is a man of the cloth. He obviously did not mean any insult to me and his reference is clearly not aimed at me. Nik is cool with me.

Jun 7, 2004 at 4:40 AM Post #8 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuberoller
I don't need Nik

Fred, I thought that Tuberoller is your "Nick"....
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Jun 7, 2004 at 5:01 AM Post #9 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Permonic
Fred, I thought that Tuberoller is your "Nick"....
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

It is, but there are other rollers of tubes on this forum. Nik is one of them. Hirsch's cats are four more. (But that's of the more literal variety. They literally push tubes until they develop a certain amount of angular velocity, vis. "rolling".)

Jun 7, 2004 at 5:43 AM Post #11 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dusty Chalk
It is, but there are other rollers of tubes on this forum. Nik is one of them. Hirsch's cats are four more. (But that's of the more literal variety. They literally push tubes until they develop a certain amount of angular velocity, vis. "rolling".)

LOL.

To clarify it, Fred should add to his signature following: "Tuberoller is my Nik. Hence there're more tuberollers in the forum, e.g. Hirsch's cats."
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Jun 7, 2004 at 5:57 AM Post #12 of 15
Ack! You're right, they're not really members of this forum (though they have looked at it once in a while). At least, I don't think they've registered...

Jun 7, 2004 at 9:41 AM Post #13 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by strohmie
Maybe for excessive clarity's sake it should be changed to "an idiot tube-roller"?
rolleyes.gif

Or better an "idiot amp-roller"
evil_smiley.gif

Sorry guys couldn't resist.

Jun 7, 2004 at 5:18 PM Post #14 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuberoller
I hope you guys understand that english is not Nik's first language and that he is a man of the cloth. He obviously did not mean any insult to me and his reference is clearly not aimed at me. Nik is cool with me.

So ManiacSmile can you say «scusare»?....
biggrin.gif

Amicalement

Jun 7, 2004 at 5:43 PM Post #15 of 15
After that long and overly dramatic thread it is really nice to see Nik making light of the situation by listing this in is sig. If Nik is an idiot tuberoller then I am right there with him. Tuberolling has become my new hobby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back