NiceHCK Earphones (Thoughts and impressions)
Feb 10, 2021 at 11:44 AM Post #226 of 270
Just listed my HK8 on the F.S. forum. If you liked the HK6, you will love the HK8!

Mar 1, 2021 at 6:34 AM Post #227 of 270
Another lucky bag. It seems to be an existing 7 driver headphone. The optional cable is a new product. I wonder what it is. NX7 Pro ? NX7 MKIII ?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002100250560.html
Too late probably, but I've read that the "headphone" in question is the NX7 Pro, not the MK3.

MK3 which I'm going to buy soon, a short remedy for these days' boredom and depression. They're too much of a cool toy not to get 'em at 125$ with the balanced cable...
Last IEMs I've decided I can afford until I find a new job. =\

Thank You all for your thoughts and impressions, gentlemen!

Jun 18, 2021 at 7:16 AM Post #228 of 270
Something new coming up from NiceHCK

1624014963219.png

Jul 14, 2021 at 10:21 AM Post #229 of 270
Another lucky bag. It seems to be an existing 7 driver headphone. The optional cable is a new product. I wonder what it is. NX7 Pro ? NX7 MKIII ?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002100250560.html
I ordered the NX7 Pro lucky bag for 45$! (I used a coupon that was about to expire)
Waiting on it now, I asked the seller to kindly send me a sealed package if possible, since their trying to clear stock and might send an open box item in a bag instead, he gave me the ok and sent this image:
H38598a559fa54b579072acbfd08dae30c.jpeg

Looking forward to hearing them :ksc75smile:
Someone said the cable inside retails for 30$, so I think I snagged a sweet deal here.
Just need to bear the wait now, will take super long to ship to me (Up to 3 months :frowning2: )

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2021 at 12:19 AM Post #230 of 270
The NiceHCK HB2 BT adapter I bought at the last Aliexpress sale arrived a few days ago, have been putting it thru its paces.

WhatsApp Image 2021-07-20 at 12.02.30.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-07-20 at 12.02.30 (1).jpeg

This set has a Qualcomm QCC3040 bluetooth chip (version 5.2), it supports AptX, SBC and AAC codecs.

Comfort is excellent, no rough edges even after using it for hours, with spectacles or masks on or whatever.

The selling point of the HB2 is that it comes with a unique 3 types of detachable modules, where one can disconnect the module from the BT adapter, so one can use various IEM connector type housing with it - MMCX, 0.78mm 2 Pin and NX7 2 Pin types. The modular design is also good in that usually the connector area is the first point to fail after repeated wear and tear, so no biggie buying the detachable modules, rather than replacing the entire device.

I've tested the HB2 for a few days, connectivity is good, no drop outs even in crowded places, connection distance is about 10 metres, without obstructions, tested a few BT devices and all could connect to it easily. The HB2 doesn't come with a charging case unfortunately, but it takes around 1.5 hours to reach a full charge. Battery life is advertised at 13 hours, I think it is thereabouts ballpark from my testing, but as per most BT/wireless devices, that is expected to go down with repeated charging cycles, and it also depends on the volume one listens at and perhaps the file type (lossless versus lossy).

The touch buttons work as advertised:
NiceHCK HB23.PNG

I've not tested the mic for calls yet, but will do so over the next few days.

Now on to the sound, which is the most important! This device packs quite a lot of juice, I tried some hard to drive sets like the TRI I3 (contains a planar) and the KBEAR BElieve (purported full beryllium DD), and the HB2 could power them with headroom to spare. Dynamics are quite good on this set, there isn't much loss of the subbass and higher treble, which is frequently encountered in other TWS/BT adapter type IEMs. I really liked that the HB2 doesn't colour the sound much, it just faithfully transmits the sound signature of the attached IEM. So far I've tried about 10 IEMs with the HB2, from low sensitivity multi BA to single DD types and the above mentioned hungrier IEMs, the IEMs sound the same in terms of general FR as the wired version of these IEMs.

One thing I would have to nitpick, is that there is some hiss noted with high sensitivity type multi BA IEMs. One can mitigate the hiss to some extent by lowering the volume on the HB2, and just jacking up the volume from the BT device you are connected to.

I've done some A/B comparisons to the iBasso CF01 BT adapter (which is more expensive), the HB2 has better connectivity and range, with less subbass rolloff. I've had a few drop outs with the iBasso CF01. The iBasso CF01 comes with a charging case, but only has a MMCX non detachable connector, so that limits the IEM types that can be used with it. The iBasso CF01 also has no volume control on it, so if say one is far away from the BT device used to pair with it, one has to physically go over to the device to change the volume, unlike the HB2, which just requires a tap on the housing.

Will do more field testing and report back, but the HB2 is a good set for those that wanna use various non detachable IEMs (be it MMCX or 2 pin types) on the go.

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2021 at 7:57 PM Post #231 of 270
Hi, yesterday I received my Lofty´s, they sound quite nice, without burning, and I liked them more than the Beleive. The packing is nice, but the cable is not easy to deal with, it even doesn´t fit in the case. So I am using them with a Kbear Rhythm cable.

Nov 16, 2021 at 4:36 PM Post #234 of 270
No DB1 discussion here... @cqtek graphed and it seems providing bright, technical tuning for $15
I really recommend it for the price, it gave me a very good first impression.

Nov 23, 2021 at 2:35 AM Post #236 of 270
Finally arrived. First impressions are good, and i think i like them more than the very slightly more expensive moondrop quarks (nicehck db1 is 16.50 SGD or ~12 USD on Shopee SG.) Slightly bright tuning I think with slightly thinner/airier mids, but not too shouty for my ears, with better than technical performance than expected for something so cheap. Not for bass heads for sure, but the quality of the bass is pretty nice and relative tight sounding. Timbre seems better than most budget chifi sets too like TRN MT1 or KZ ZST X. Really dig the design too. They look more expensive than the price suggests. Nice faceplate pattern/colour, and it looks like they made sure the internal wiring looks nice too. Cable is pretty simple, but feels soft and easy to work with too, better than what we got with the MT1 and better than the non-removable one on the Quarks for sure. Stock tips are not great though.

non audio related: the cat ears hoodie outfit on the anime waifu looks cuter on the quarks compared to the DB1's maid outfit, but the latter is printed in colour, whereas the former is not. so a draw here. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Screenshot 2021-11-23 at 14.34.36.png
Screenshot 2021-11-23 at 14.32.58.png

Nov 23, 2021 at 2:58 AM Post #237 of 270
Finally arrived. First impressions are good, and i think i like them more than the very slightly more expensive moondrop quarks (nicehck db1 is 16.50 SGD or ~12 USD on Shopee SG.) Slightly bright tuning I think with slightly thinner/airier mids, but not too shouty for my ears, with better than technical performance than expected for something so cheap. Not for bass heads for sure, but the quality of the bass is pretty nice and relative tight sounding. Timbre seems better than most budget chifi sets too like TRN MT1 or KZ ZST X. Really dig the design too. They look more expensive than the price suggests. Nice faceplate pattern/colour, and it looks like they made sure the internal wiring looks nice too. Cable is pretty simple, but feels soft and easy to work with too, better than what we got with the MT1 and better than the non-removable one on the Quarks for sure. Stock tips are not great though.

non audio related: the cat ears hoodie outfit on the anime waifu looks cuter on the quarks compared to the DB1's maid outfit, but the latter is printed in colour, whereas the former is not. so a draw here. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks for the impressions!

For some, the maid anime otaku packaging = A+ tonality, timbre and technicalities.

Apr 13, 2022 at 9:11 AM Post #240 of 270
Has anyone heard the Db1 and Tripowin Lea? I'm trying to figure out which one is better.
Well the post before yours can give you impressions of the Db1 and if you go here https://www.head-fi.org/threads/tripowin-lea-fan-club-impressions-discussion.962130/ you may find info on the Lea however by the thread title it could lean to the Lea :rolling_eyes: Now maybe if you make this post their some of them may have heard both :wink: I myself lean to the Lea here but I have several nice NICE iem's :grin:

Here's (Hears) one of my faves right here:

NICE BGVP.JPG

However I do prefer my NICE M6's with BGVP DM6 filter's :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back