NiceHCK Earphones (Thoughts and impressions)
Nov 1, 2019 at 1:22 PM Post #62 of 270
I Have iems:
NiceHCK NX7
NiceHCK DT600
NiceHCK DT500
NiceHCK DT100
NiceHCK HK6
NiceHCK Bro
NiceHCK EP35
NiceHCK EP10
NiceHCK F3

earbuds:
NiceHCK DIY Graphene MX760
NiceHCK EB200
NiceHCK EBX
NiceHCK ME80
NiceHCK DIY MX500 (Blue)
NiceHCK B40

Hey Panda, mind advising if the DT100 is worth it? Or should one forget it and go for dt300/500/600

Looking for an agile all ba (or single ba) iem that would sound reasonably natural, and I like this form factor but couldn't find any review.

Nov 1, 2019 at 2:07 PM Post #63 of 270
I highly recommend the DT500 & DT600, the DT100 with its one BA is no competition for other iems I have. I don't think a single BA can beat a micro driver really

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2019 at 10:34 PM Post #64 of 270
I Have iems:
NiceHCK NX7
NiceHCK DT600
NiceHCK DT500
NiceHCK DT100
NiceHCK HK6
NiceHCK Bro
NiceHCK EP35
NiceHCK EP10
NiceHCK F3

earbuds:
NiceHCK DIY Graphene MX760
NiceHCK EB200
NiceHCK EBX
NiceHCK ME80
NiceHCK DIY MX500 (Blue)
NiceHCK B40

hey can i ask your op[inion on the EBX? its gonna be like 76$ on 11.11. Im coming for a pair of TIn T3s. Would you be able to recommend them at the sale price? I just want something different as while i love my T3s, IEMs make my ear sweaty and have to constantly re-adjust/wipe/dry both my ears and the ear tip. Im using silicon as i cant stand using foams. And i just remember everyone was so hyped about the EBX when it got released then nothing. thanks!

Nov 2, 2019 at 5:13 AM Post #65 of 270
I'm not the one you asked for opinion, but that might help :

I've been surprised by the EBX, because it sounds so detailed and forward in high mids that I found it quite fatiguing at first. Also the bass while extremely well extended, fast and textured, is little in quantity.

After some hours of brain burn-in I've come to really enjoy it on albums that sound soft, without harshness in the high mid/trebles, with thick foams and preferably a dark source than a bright one. It reveals just about everything and the bass is gorgeous once accustomed to the light quantity.

The construction is great, albeit the finish could be better on mine and the cable is incredibly great. Fit is so-so, they are big, thick and heavy.

It's easy to drive and doesn't require an amp.

Imo, it's a bit hazardous to get it for your first earbuds, unless you're a sucker for details and don't mind forward upper frequencies.

I always recommend the BK2 for a first pair of mmcx earbuds instead, much more relaxed listen, adequate bass quantity for everyone I think, easier fit but less detail, can't have everything.

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2019 at 5:40 AM Post #66 of 270
I really like the EBX i find it has a better timbre than the BK2. Of the two I do prefer the Smabat ST-10, it has more impact and authority. All three are good earbuds and I'm happy listening to either.

Nov 2, 2019 at 1:33 PM Post #67 of 270
I'm not the one you asked for opinion, but that might help :

I've been surprised by the EBX, because it sounds so detailed and forward in high mids that I found it quite fatiguing at first. Also the bass while extremely well extended, fast and textured, is little in quantity.

After some hours of brain burn-in I've come to really enjoy it on albums that sound soft, without harshness in the high mid/trebles, with thick foams and preferably a dark source than a bright one. It reveals just about everything and the bass is gorgeous once accustomed to the light quantity.

The construction is great, albeit the finish could be better on mine and the cable is incredibly great. Fit is so-so, they are big, thick and heavy.

It's easy to drive and doesn't require an amp.

Imo, it's a bit hazardous to get it for your first earbuds, unless you're a sucker for details and don't mind forward upper frequencies.

I always recommend the BK2 for a first pair of mmcx earbuds instead, much more relaxed listen, adequate bass quantity for everyone I think, easier fit but less detail, can't have everything.
I mainly listen to edm, popish, and a combination of the two so I absolutely love details! I love hearing little nuances that I haven't heard before from a songs I've been listening to for ages! I'll be using it with a 2.5mm cord with the es100 so the lack of bass, which i kinda used to coming from t2s, before making the switch to t3s are very fixable with eqs

I'm not well versed in audio terms yet, as I'm still quite new to the scene. When you say "forward" in highs and mids, can I assume this means the highs and mids are too high? This was a problem with the t3s where the high sibilance caused me actual sharp pain in my ears... I was able to fix this by lowering 8k to -9.6 and 16k to -6.2 in the es100. So I dont think anything gonna top the t3s in terms.of high highs xD

I really like the EBX i find it has a better timbre than the BK2. Of the two I do prefer the Smabat ST-10, it has more impact and authority. All three are good earbuds and I'm happy listening to either.

I will check out the smabat st-10! How's the soundstage for the smabats compared to ebx? Also are we.taking about smabat st10 pro the green ones correct?
like I said having the iems when I'm out and about sometimes just feel too impractical, Especially when I'm with people and there's nothing going on, popping the iems just ends up being more of hassle cause if you have to take themmoff, you have tomout them back on again XD
And also.like.i mentioned before I'm planning on using 2.5mm wires along witb the es100 for the smabat if I end up getting them instead of the ebx(same sale.price). If any of that matters.

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2019 at 1:37 PM Post #68 of 270
I'm not sure why exactly, but the EBX gives me a lot of (controlled) bass for EDM, it's more for jazz that it can be a bit shy.

When I say forward for high mids it's because they "jump in your face", it's not the typical mid-recessed tuning, it brings a whole lot of clarity and detail but can be overwhelming at times (for me, on some albums).

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2019 at 12:35 AM Post #69 of 270
I'm not sure why exactly, but the EBX gives me a lot of (controlled) bass for EDM, it's more for jazz that it can be a bit shy.

When I say forward for high mids it's because they "jump in your face", it's not the typical mid-recessed tuning, it brings a whole lot of clarity and detail but can be overwhelming at times (for me, on some albums).

I see, this has really got me curious! Thanks alot I've also been looking at the St 10s that panda recommended, seems like they're pretty close to each other and being the same price this is gonna be a tough decision! Thanks again for the input

Nov 5, 2019 at 10:50 AM Post #72 of 270
NX7 is fairly new but it doesn't surprise me that they are expanding/ improving on the NX7. It is their number 1 seller as far as I know. I am sure they will get a lot of people buying the new Pro version. Should be interesting what them filters end up doing for that sound.

Hb84062d8a99f4a9aa4e2fbbdb0a87f47p.jpg

According to graph here. The filter system is similar to LZ system. Increasing or decreasing upper mids and treble area which will affect bass, vocals emphasis.. That blue and white filter looks quite good actually. Looking forward to hearing these.

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2019 at 11:34 AM Post #74 of 270
NX7 is fairly new but it doesn't surprise me that they are expanding/ improving on the NX7

Nothing wrong with improving products but since it has been only a few months it feels like NiceHCK is saying that NX7 is a beta 0.9 product. Here comes the Pro version as the 1.0 finished product after some customer feedback.

If they did it like a year later it would be more understandable. NX7 was just released in July. So it has been like only 5 months.

Nov 5, 2019 at 11:35 AM Post #75 of 270
I don't like this pattern of expecting people to buy the same product over and over again.

Just don't buy it on first release, wait for the hype to slow and buy it discounted or wait for the revised model to make it past the initial hype. M6 was > $105/110 with initial discount at $96, now you can buy it at $76 on 11/11 a year later.
It is annoying though, similar to buying an album, then they re-release it with "bonus tracks" like oops we forget we had these.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back