Nice Relatively Cheap Earbuds
Sep 9, 2007 at 3:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

ben7337

100+ Head-Fier
Alright I am new to high quality audio and when it comes to earbuds I have only ever used the newer ipod ones which suck, and the Sony MDR-E828's 2 of which broke in about 3-6 months with the right earbud dyings and since this seems to be a problem and they are also relatively cheap/ don't sound horribly better than the iPod headphones, I feel like I am not getting the best option for headphones. Now if I sound like an idiot of or something just tell me and I will delete this board but I really am wondering what to get as someone on iLounge led me here recommending the pk2 or pk3. though reviews on here seem to have unique words such as "fun" to describe sound so I am really not sure what to get. All I know is that I would like high quality earbuds under $100 that last 3 months for every $10 put into them. so if they are $60-$70 I want them to last 18-21 months, and as a teenager they will get the proper pulling on them as I walk and snag them occasionally and they will have ti sit in a jostling backpack wrapped around and iPod and such so I would like some relative durability.

now if what music I listen to has any real importance as it seems it might it is mostly rock, nothing too hard though, and some softer higher tunes, and some pop. if you want specific song names I can give some but over 1/3 of my music collection is Japanese.

Thanks for all the help, I appreciate any help I can get.

Sep 9, 2007 at 5:46 AM Post #2 of 6
PK2 and PK3 has the same common built quality, despite that they looks kind of cheap. All you should know is that you need to take more care about those high quality earbuds for every $10 you put into them. You are planning to spend the money for a piece of sound equipment, not a tank. It doesn't becomes tougher because you spend the extra money, so it is your responsibility to make sure any abuse you put on a cheap pair of iBud will not be repeated on your PK2 or PK3.

Anyway, get PK2 if you really feel like having a great sounding earbud (and the responsibility to take care of it), or else the cheaper PK3 will make more sense for your need.

Sep 9, 2007 at 10:59 AM Post #3 of 6
I highly recommend the Sony E888 because of its unique warm-hearted, comfy sound (detailed, too!).

With no doubt, they're the best inear pieces under $100 for smooth musics such as Jazz and R&B.

I suppose that you're using Apple's products, the combination between e888 and ipod is impressive.

(Oh, if you want to buy this one, don't judge them when you first listen, because these headphones are actually Evolving after months of natural burn-in process!)

Sep 9, 2007 at 3:35 PM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by junes4u /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I highly recommend the Sony E888 because of its unique warm-hearted, comfy sound (detailed, too!).

With no doubt, they're the best inear pieces under $100 for smooth musics such as Jazz and R&B.

I suppose that you're using Apple's products, the combination between e888 and ipod is impressive.

(Oh, if you want to buy this one, don't judge them when you first listen, because these headphones are actually Evolving after months of natural burn-in process!)

have you ever heard any yuin products before?

Sep 9, 2007 at 5:58 PM Post #5 of 6
I personally do like sony products and would love the e888's if they were actually available for the price that they are supposed to cost. However it seems though the street price is $66 I cannot find them for under $80 and they look very fragile.

I think I can say that I have never broken any headphones except cheap crap ones that break over a few months anyway which was just bound to happen, so I am kind of wondering if the pk2's are durable and how long they seem to last for people as I do prefer the y-cord as opposed to jcord. also but is headdirect the cheapest place for the pk3's or pk2's? do any well known stores carry them? the yuins seem to be only avalable at head direct from what I can see.

Sep 9, 2007 at 6:32 PM Post #6 of 6
+1 for PK3 & PK2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back