Nice-ish watch for $100 max?
Nov 23, 2008 at 1:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 33

Headphoneus Supremus
I'm looking to purchase a nice watch. Like a Rolex, but not quite so rich. $100 absolute max. Some of the Kenneth Cole ones look all right, but I have a feeling that there are much better options out there, and I know nothing about watches. I know there a lot of people on head-fi that know about them.

Could I please get some recommendations?
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 23, 2008 at 2:33 AM Post #3 of 33
I found a very nice seiko watch with minor defects (which to this day, I have no idea what the defect is) for 120$ in seiko outlet store near seattle...

EDIT: oh and don't buy guess. or Nixon
frown.gif

Nov 23, 2008 at 2:45 AM Post #6 of 33
Rolex makes quite a few different kinds...are you talking about the submariner?

If you want a good automatic dive watch, though a bit more brash than the submariner, then have a look at the Seiko Monster, you can get a black one for $165 at amazon. Amazon.com: Seiko Men's "Black Monster" Automatic Dive Watch #SKX779K1: Seiko: Watches

A very solid, very manly watch with a reliable movement, though more than $100, it will serve you for many years.

Nov 23, 2008 at 3:06 AM Post #12 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rednamalas1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
not bad, pretty clean watch.

I like the more laid back look it has over the black monster, and it is cheaper.

I'm confused about the eco-power though? It never needs a battery and charges in the light (solar powered)? Does this feature ever diminish, like it will hold less and less of a charge over time? Also, what is the warranty on it?

Nov 23, 2008 at 3:08 AM Post #13 of 33
I own an eco drive, and it runs off of your body. My watch is currently dead, but within seconds of putting it on, it awakens. If you are diligent about wearing the watch, it will never stop. Very cool.

Nov 23, 2008 at 3:09 AM Post #14 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by aaron313 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I own an eco drive, and it runs off of your body. My watch is currently dead, but within seconds of putting it on, it awakens. If you are diligent about wearing the watch, it will never stop. Very cool.

Umm, won't you have to set the right time whenever you put it on then? That seems very annoying...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back