Nice formula1 race-looking forward for next week
May 23, 2005 at 12:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Dimitris

Headphoneus Supremus
I really enjoyed yesterday's race!First place wasnt tough to guess but for the rest there were fights until the end.I am a Schumy fun but I have to admit that this years championship at least its interesting!From the 2 candidates of the championship I prefer Kimi. Does anyone know if Alonso's moves at Webber were legal or not?I was expecting that he would back out after he rided over the cerb at the tunnel exit but he kept on going without letting Webber pass. Any ideas anyone?
smily_headphones1.gif

May 23, 2005 at 1:00 PM Post #2 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimitris
I really enjoyed yesterday's race!First place wasnt tough to guess but for the rest there were fights until the end.I am a Schumy fun but I have to admit that this years championship at least its interesting!From the 2 candidates of the championship I prefer Kimi. Does anyone know if Alonso's moves at Webber were legal or not?I was expecting that he would back out after he rided over the cerb at the tunnel exit but he kept on going without letting Webber pass. Any ideas anyone?
smily_headphones1.gif

Webber was with all 4 wheels off the track as well, so it was legal.

May 23, 2005 at 1:25 PM Post #4 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterR
Webber was with all 4 wheels off the track as well, so it was legal.

On the second attempt I think Webber tried to make the corner and i think he had 2 wheels on the track and 2 on the cerb. It was then that Alonso decided to cut the whole turn and go straight. Was that legal?Maybe i dont remember things correctly!
smily_headphones1.gif

May 23, 2005 at 1:50 PM Post #6 of 13
It is unbearably loud even if you are a spectator in the stands. I was at Indianapolis and Hockenheim and unless you have earplugs (or buy them there) you are in for a rough day...

tinnitus instantaneous
tongue.gif

Anyone have a recording of this race? Is it worth getting it on DVD? Comparable to the excitement of Imola?

gs

May 23, 2005 at 1:55 PM Post #7 of 13
I think he was off the track on the second attempt, too, but I'm not really sure. But he outdragged him afterwards anyway, so it's a moo point...

May 23, 2005 at 3:18 PM Post #9 of 13
I think too that Webber was off the track. But i'm Spanish
biggrin.gif

May 23, 2005 at 3:51 PM Post #10 of 13
It was OK, aside from the late passes of Alonso, the only real drama was whether or not Kimi could do one stop.

On the Webber pass, I don't think it should matter if he was off the track on the outside since Alonso was completely cutting the chicane--how is the rule stated? (Probably not very clearly
tongue.gif
)

May 23, 2005 at 4:08 PM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by daycart1
It was OK, aside from the late passes of Alonso, the only real drama was whether or not Kimi could do one stop.

On the Webber pass, I don't think it should matter if he was off the track on the outside since Alonso was completely cutting the chicane--how is the rule stated? (Probably not very clearly
tongue.gif
)

If you miss a chicane, you must not benefit from it. So if Webber hadn't gone off track but Alonso had cut the chicane, he would have needed to let him pass. As both of them missed the chicane (doesn't matter by how much
wink.gif
), Alonso was allowed to stay in front.
Edit: WRT to the rule - the above is at least how it's generally handled by the stewarts, I think all the FIA rules have to say about it (somebody correct me if I'm wrong) is:
"the race track alone shall be used by the drivers during the race"
(from Appendix L to the International Sporting Code, Chapter IV - Code of Driving Conduct on Circuits).

May 24, 2005 at 2:29 AM Post #13 of 13
i live in Indy & can hardly wait for the U.S. Grand Prix...i've already got tickets for the Indy 500 (& i might go to the Brickyard 400), but my connection for F1 tickets has apparently decided to use 2 of the tickets herself this year (argh!)...

so if anyone has 4 J Stand seats to sell hehe...hope i can find some soon...

oh...& does Kimi Raikkonen really sign his name "Iceman"?
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back