Nice DIY headphone amp cases available on eBay
Apr 14, 2011 at 9:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

milosz

500+ Head-Fier
Someone is selling a headphone amp chassis "kit" on eBay that includes a nice thick front panel with a recess milled out for the volume knob, comes with knob, power switch, IEC power inlet, rubber feet and so on.

Has silk-screened "VOLUME"  "POWER" and "PHONES" labels on front panel. rear panel has holes cut for RCA jacks, and IEC power inlet.  Looks a treat for DIY headphone amp builds!

http://cgi.ebay.com/DIY-Aluminium-Headphone-Amplifier-Case-Amp-Enclosure-/110655917888?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19c39b4f40#ht_6815wt_937

Note:  I have no affiliation with the seller, I just thought I'd mention it in case someone found it useful.  I wish I'd had the option to buy this when I built my CK III

Apr 16, 2011 at 12:24 AM Post #3 of 6
vladamir, DIY is not that difficult. Build a CMoy - it is very well documented and everyone in the DIY Forum will help you out if you get stuck. After that, you will have the skills to build a more complex amp. You'll have fun, learn a lot, then be able to build incredible amps for cheap. Give it a try. :)

Apr 16, 2011 at 3:25 AM Post #4 of 6
Granted, buying up all your tools to start DIY is not really the cheapest thing in the world...

Apr 26, 2011 at 9:04 PM Post #6 of 6

Quote:
vladamir, DIY is not that difficult. Build a CMoy - it is very well documented and everyone in the DIY Forum will help you out if you get stuck. After that, you will have the skills to build a more complex amp. You'll have fun, learn a lot, then be able to build incredible amps for cheap. Give it a try.
smily_headphones1.gif

Yeah, thanks for the suggestion. I have been learning towards the Cmoy and it doesn't seem complicated to build (if you are good with a soldering iron) 
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back