NFL 2012 Playoffs Discussion Thread
Jan 24, 2012 at 1:10 AM Post #61 of 92

Quote:
They can and they will. Big Blue nation!

Big Blue, G-men, HOW MANY NAMES CAN YOU HAVE FOR YOUR DAMN TEAM.

Jan 24, 2012 at 1:25 AM Post #62 of 92
Let's see...

Their defense was called The Big Blue Wrecking Crew in the 80's... the linebackers (led by LT) were The Crunch Bunch... They call their receiving corps Jet Blue , when they had Jacobs/Bradshaw/Ward at RB they called them Earth Wind and Fire (preceded by Ron Dayne and Barber being Thunder & Lightning... oh and they hijacked the name NYPD Blue too.

Oh, and their unofficial mascot is an analrapist:

Jan 24, 2012 at 1:27 AM Post #63 of 92

Quote:
Big Blue, G-men, HOW MANY NAMES CAN YOU HAVE FOR YOUR DAMN TEAM.

Hopefully in a couple weeks they'll have another name...lol

Jan 24, 2012 at 1:44 AM Post #64 of 92
Whatever ridiculous blue it is, it's going to be the silver, red and blue who will be triumphant in this superbowl. Tom is back for revenge!!

Jan 24, 2012 at 10:38 AM Post #67 of 92
Look at all the pitiful Giant haters out there.
wink.gif
  Don't worry, when the Giant beat the Pats in two weeks, we'll make sure to send each one of you parting gifts.  Bobble head Eli? Or perhaps a miniature Victor Cruz?
biggrin.gif

Jan 24, 2012 at 2:09 PM Post #69 of 92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swoosh /img/forum/go_quote.gif

After beating the Packers, we're entitled to however many names we'd like :)

The Packers beat themselves :frowning2:

Jan 24, 2012 at 2:42 PM Post #71 of 92

Quote:
fire tom coughlin! fire perry fewell! we've been chanting this for all these years why stop now!

Yeah!  While we're at it, why not change the quarterback as well?  Bring back Collins.  The Superbowl he was in was quite memorable.
wink.gif

Jan 24, 2012 at 2:45 PM Post #72 of 92
No, the Giants beat the Packers. A lot of the timing issues and miscommunication on offense that led to dropped or missed catches were due to the Giants pressure with the front 4 and their surprisingly good coverage on the Packer's elite receiving corps.  But in the playoffs it comes down to turnovers.  The Packers and Niners had the best differentials in the league, and both had an uncharacteristically high amount of turnovers without forcing enough on the other end.  The Giants of this year remind me of the Packers last year (you know, when they had a semi-tenacious defense) and I think they have a decent chance of beating the Patriots.

Feb 5, 2012 at 1:00 PM Post #74 of 92
^ Nah, my brother is a bandwagon Pats fan and he is calling them winning big but when i want to bet him $20 he backs down.

Losers of SB Re-matches are 1-3
No team with a defense ranked worse than 25th has won the SB.
Madden predicted the Giants winning

With their guys back healthy, in a neutral site, red hot, against a team they already beat this season i have to put my money on them. That's another potentially beast mode defense! And that's what i like, i want to see the media darlings eating dirt all day long
tongue_smile.gif

Feb 5, 2012 at 10:39 PM Post #75 of 92
Turns out you were both right.
biggrin.gif
  Well, this was another outstanding game that came right down to the final seconds.  In the end, it is the Giants that emerged victorious.  Well done Big Blue, well done!
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back