NFB 15 Driver problem
Oct 29, 2017 at 5:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

KneelJung

1000+ Head-Fier
Looking for some help getting NFB 15 drivers to install on a new computer.

The unit works fine on the Compaq with Windows 7 I own. Successfully installed the drivers twice on that. Once when I received the unit new, and once after I reset the computer to factory.

Can't get the drivers to install on the Acer with Windows 10 though. Contacted Kingwa prior to purchase with Serial number of unit, and he emailed back with the driver I should use. I'm assuming they are the right ones, but I can't even get the ones he sent to even install.

Go through the install wizard after clicking SETUP. The welcome screen, the license agreement, the checked box screen with the version he sent (Ver1 2.0), and the install / update screen. This is where problem starts. A box pops up attempting to initialize, and the this this screen:

Installed components: none...failed to install components audio gd ver1 2.0.

Clicking next takes me to the finish screen, at which point I'm supposed to attach the unit to the computer, and restart it, which I've tried despite this note being on the finish screen:

Note: One of components aren't installed successfully to system. Check log file.

I have no idea where log file is, or what I'm looking for.

Anybody have any suggestions.

Oct 30, 2017 at 2:52 PM Post #3 of 6
I used that thread a while back when I had some issues, and posted in that thread with my recent issues. I didn't get a response, so I started this one.

I have been in contact with Kingwa from Audio-gd, but it is slow going. Finally got the answer I needed. Apparently I need to use a firmware tool they have.
Not sure I want to mess with that. Not real tech savvy. Can't even open the guide he sent for the firmware tool.

I just put the thing up for sale in the for sale forums.

Good deal available to somebody running Windows 7, or wants to upgrade it with the firmware tool.

Thinking Modi and Magni.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back