NF Audio impression thread.
Jul 22, 2021 at 4:55 PM Post #1,217 of 1,292
Jul 24, 2021 at 11:38 AM Post #1,218 of 1,292
So after spending some time with the NA2+, I will echo @Audio Fun in that it seems to be a better-tuned NM2+. The differences are small but definitely noticeable.

If people hated the NM2+ then I would say don’t bother, and if they already own the NM2+ I would say don’t bother. But if they really liked the NM2+ but couldn’t quite handle the spicy upper mids, or if they are in the market for a single DD with outstanding technicalities at the price point and don’t yet have either, I would point them to the NA2+.

The upper mids are still edgy, and the tonality up top can be a bit thin, but the technicalities still blow away anything I’ve heard from a single DD under $200. The Aria for example can’t hold a candle to it, especially in imaging and soundstage.

Tanchjim filters also bring it to the point where I think few people will be bothered by the tuning.

Will be posting a full review later on.

Jul 24, 2021 at 1:34 PM Post #1,219 of 1,292
Also, forgot to mention one big improvement: stage depth is definitedly much better on the NA2+ vs the NM2+, bringing the presentation to an almost 3D-holographic level. Poor stage depth was probably the one big technical failing of the NM2+ IMO.

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2021 at 7:44 PM Post #1,220 of 1,292
So after spending some time with the NA2+, I will echo @Audio Fun in that it seems to be a better-tuned NM2+. The differences are small but definitely noticeable.

If people hated the NM2+ then I would say don’t bother, and if they already own the NM2+ I would say don’t bother. But if they really liked the NM2+ but couldn’t quite handle the spicy upper mids, or if they are in the market for a single DD with outstanding technicalities at the price point and don’t yet have either, I would point them to the NA2+.

The upper mids are still edgy, and the tonality up top can be a bit thin, but the technicalities still blow away anything I’ve heard from a single DD under $200. The Aria for example can’t hold a candle to it, especially in imaging and soundstage.

Tanchjim filters also bring it to the point where I think few people will be bothered by the tuning.

Will be posting a full review later on.
Indeed!! The NA2+ is definitely a upgraded NM2+. But personally, I would like to see more different, such as more “musical” presentation, instead of being technically great, as it’s stands for music series.

Jul 24, 2021 at 7:47 PM Post #1,221 of 1,292
Indeed!! The NA2+ is definitely a upgraded NM2+. But personally, I would like to see more different, such as more “musical” presentation, instead of being technically great, as it’s stands for music series.
Fully agree. It’s more like an NM2++ than an NA2+.

Jul 24, 2021 at 8:12 PM Post #1,222 of 1,292
All the newer NF audios all seem to be slight tweaks of the NA1 sound signature. This tuning is great if your into analytical sound but these guys are guilty of milking this tuning every which way with not enough real variety. NA2+ is just a different NM2+ and while I like what they did with the tuning. They need to explore different tunings and or different type of designs. Not enough of a leap from the NM2+. I can throw on a copper cable on the NM2+ and it sounds pretty much similar to the NA2+.

For an earphone that has the label music on it. It seems to be more catered for vocal centric, orchestral and acoustical music vs anything synthetic. Not as versatile as I would have liked. For what it does though that tight sound is something you dont hear in the price range for earphones. I suppose you can't veer too far from how they like to tune stuff.

Jul 24, 2021 at 11:20 PM Post #1,223 of 1,292
I dug out my original NM2 set today. They are pretty darn good. While they are fairly similar, the NM2 has better tonally than the NM2+ for me, I think. That said, they have inferior technicalities, in particular detail retrieval and imaging, compared to the NM2+.

Still, I had an enjoyable afternoon listening to some folk rock on the og NM2. They don't stand up as well to more demanding things, like busy prog rock arrangements.

Jul 24, 2021 at 11:21 PM Post #1,224 of 1,292
Jul 24, 2021 at 11:26 PM Post #1,225 of 1,292
All the newer NF audios all seem to be slight tweaks of the NA1 sound signature. This tuning is great if your into analytical sound but these guys are guilty of milking this tuning every which way with not enough real variety. NA2+ is just a different NM2+ and while I like what they did with the tuning. They need to explore different tunings and or different type of designs. Not enough of a leap from the NM2+. I can throw on a copper cable on the NM2+ and it sounds pretty much similar to the NA2+.

For an earphone that has the label music on it. It seems to be more catered for vocal centric, orchestral and acoustical music vs anything synthetic. Not as versatile as I would have liked. For what it does though that tight sound is something you dont hear in the price range for earphones. I suppose you can't veer too far from how they like to tune stuff.
Fully agree on you, their tuner “老羊” seems to be tuning their IEMs toward a cold and analytical side as he mentioned in his personal Weibo post.

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2021 at 11:29 PM Post #1,226 of 1,292
I dug out my original NM2 set today. They are pretty darn good. While they are fairly similar, the NM2 has better tonally than the NM2+ for me, I think. That said, they have inferior technicalities, in particular detail retrieval and imaging, compared to the NM2+.

Still, I had an enjoyable afternoon listening to some folk rock on the og NM2. They don't stand up as well to more demanding things, like busy prog rock arrangements.
Glad you enjoyed the NM2, I love my as well!!

Jul 24, 2021 at 11:32 PM Post #1,228 of 1,292
They seem to be catering to Chinese Audiophiles more so than Western enthusiasts. Same as Fiio
Yep, but I think Fiio is kind of struggle at the middle.

Jul 24, 2021 at 11:44 PM Post #1,229 of 1,292
I don't expect NF audio to change ways or anything like that. It is their choice on how they want to tune an earphones but something in the middle ground would have been awesome. I suppose that was what their NA2 was. Something in the middle with the most bass emphasis.

Jul 28, 2021 at 4:41 PM Post #1,230 of 1,292
My review of the NA2+ is up: NF Audio NA2+

DSC00944.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back