NF Audio impression thread.
May 27, 2021 at 7:45 AM Post #1,188 of 1,292
I idd some tips rolling, settled on new Spinfit CP100 Plus version.
hi, please share your impression of NA2+.

if i have tripowin tc01/hzsound mirror, is it consider upgrade if i buy NA2+?
How do you like the NA2+ with the "black balanced" silicone ear tips?
thx for your 1st review of NA2+ i'm so tempted to buy NA2+ :)

May 27, 2021 at 8:35 AM Post #1,189 of 1,292
hi, please share your impression of NA2+.

if i have tripowin tc01/hzsound mirror, is it consider upgrade if i buy NA2+?

thx for your 1st review of NA2+ i'm so tempted to buy NA2+ :)
I dun own hzs mirror or tc01. Taking Etymotic ER2XR as reference for mids, i prefer NA2+ over it. The voices are just organic to me.😁

Jun 1, 2021 at 6:13 PM Post #1,191 of 1,292
If you have a very limited budget and want a really good sounding IEM, the NA2 from NF Audio宁梵声学 and Shenzhen Aoshida are some of the best I've heard in the ~100 USD price rnage. Really good sonics.

Comfort is good, becuase they are light, and the shells held up really nicely to my daily usage, but the ear hooks can be a bit tight. Excellent for running, but not for larger ears.

More info, comparisons and interesting details in the full written review :)

https://www.audiophile-heaven.com/2021/06/nf-audio-na2-transparent-shells-hide-music.html

NF-Audio-NA2-IEMs-Plastic-Entry-Level-Dynamic-Driver-IEM-Review-Audiophile-Heaven-Haru-02.jpg

Jul 5, 2021 at 11:43 PM Post #1,193 of 1,292
I’ve been listened to the NA2+ for couple weeks now, I have to say, this sound fairly similar to the NM2+, which I sold a month ago, but I still can tell this sound extremely identical. So people who like/own the NM2+, I believe there are no reason for you to get the NA2+, unless your want a tad more texture/rumble bass, bit less shouty upper midrange with slight more intimate presentation, and tad darker lower treble. That being said, for those people who don’t like the NM2+, you are not gonna like it as well. Also attached the FR with both that I found in a Chinese review. Even though, I much prefer the tonality on the NM2 (not plus version) I still think the NA2+ has really solid technical performance and the tonality is exceptional as well, but it just not for everyone. Full review coming soon.
A7231421-4FCF-4007-B9F4-863A08455C43.jpeg

BF1AB3E7-19DE-4342-8AF3-189469C68003.jpeg

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2021 at 9:29 PM Post #1,194 of 1,292
I just gave my review of the NF Audio NA2+.

• From 20 - 3kHz, I quite like it tonally.
  • Especially like the meaty lower midrange + midbass, great sense of body and heft without dominating tonally.
  • Imaging is pretty standout in the sub-$200 range. Up there with Tanchjim Hana.
  • Unfortunately the lower treble / presence is, IMO, too forward enough to be a problem. Vocals can be a bit raspy and edgy.
  • Treble in general can be on the fatiguing side, depending on the music. Cymbals sound splashy and irritating.
  • I find I like it quite a bit with -3 to -5dB @ 4kHz. But stock, it's a bit grating.
For the squig curious:

https://squig.link/?share=Super_Review_Target,NF_Audio_NA2+

graph (69).png

Jul 9, 2021 at 9:51 PM Post #1,195 of 1,292
I just gave my review of the NF Audio NA2+.

• From 20 - 3kHz, I quite like it tonally.
  • Especially like the meaty lower midrange + midbass, great sense of body and heft without dominating tonally.
  • Imaging is pretty standout in the sub-$200 range. Up there with Tanchjim Hana.
  • Unfortunately the lower treble / presence is, IMO, too forward enough to be a problem. Vocals can be a bit raspy and edgy.
  • Treble in general can be on the fatiguing side, depending on the music. Cymbals sound splashy and irritating.
  • I find I like it quite a bit with -3 to -5dB @ 4kHz. But stock, it's a bit grating.
For the squig curious:

https://squig.link/?share=Super_Review_Target,NF_Audio_NA2+

I’m still puzzled at how little they changed the FR between the NM2+ and the NA2+. Missed opportunity IMO.

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2021 at 9:53 PM Post #1,196 of 1,292
I’m still puzzled at how little they changed the FR between the NM2+ and the NA2+. Missed opportunity IMO,
Yeah that's interesting, I didn't realize until I came into this thread that they appear to be identical. I was curious what difference they intended with this model... I guess... color?

Jul 17, 2021 at 3:08 PM Post #1,198 of 1,292
Had to pop my head in here to say the following:

In recent weeks I've tried the UM 3DT, Dunu DK-2001, FiiO FD5, FiiO FH5, Mangird Tea, Penon Globe, IMR EDP, Blessing 2 Dusk.

I've had the NM2+ up for sale, assuming something I tried would replace it. I was answering someone's questions about it and fond memories were stirred.

After over a week of not listening to the NM2+ at all, I just put on some short stem variant CP100's (CP100Z?) and attached a cable I had to hand (IMR stock cable for EDP).

Well.

The NM2+ aren't for sale any more. Everything else will be. I can try to go into specific details and comparisons if anyone wants, especially on IEMs I haven't sold on yet from the list above.

I have a Lokahi in the mail, an EST 112 as well. If neither blows my mind, I'll have saved a lot of money. At least for these ear canals and preferences, the NM2+ excels in the right ways in all the areas I listen for.

So to date, *still* my favorite IEM. I feel incredibly lucky that this exact IEM exists, and that I gave it a try over a year ago. I hated it at the start, believe it or not.

Jul 17, 2021 at 4:12 PM Post #1,199 of 1,292
One thing I did learn to love from the other sets was elevated sub bass. If the NA2+ is similar but has that Is at least be curious, otherwise I'm a very happy camper. Experimented with boosting sub-bass in EQ and did like it, like natural sub-bass too though. I've always felt like the NM2+ almost has sub-bass illusion, achieved cleverly somehow... I'm sure it's not as present as it feels. The low atmosphere is very satisfying in most cases. Bass fatigue is real for me, with sets like no the Globe for example.

Listening to BFG Division from the DOOM soundtrack (great test track) while typing and thought bass was top notch had to check if my EQ tweak was on – it wasn't. So bass is great. It would add a little more atmosphere to tracks like Breathless by Caroline Polachek, and other tracks by her. Still one of my favorite bass presentations. No doubt about what is making the bass, be it drumskin, string, etc

Jul 17, 2021 at 4:59 PM Post #1,200 of 1,292
This is helping with a great seal (shell to nozzle can be quite narrow). Triple flange cut down to double.

Edit: Vocals in Intravenous by St. Savior were perfect. Next up was The Grudge by Tool. All drums have full tone of a drum, lay a voluminous dark backing without overshadowing or muddying a single thing. All vocals clear, all higher pitch percussion crisp and impactful. Guitar has bite. Love these.

Attachments

• PXL_20210717_205624115.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20210717_205624115.PORTRAIT.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back