NF Audio impression thread.
Nov 24, 2020 at 8:41 AM Post #841 of 1,292
Just placed my order on AliExpress, Iater realising a cheaper order went through which hadn't been paid for and the more expensive one did, I lost out $7 not too bad lol.

Apparently been shipped already but have asked if that's correct.

Really looking forward to these. Be interesting to hear how different they are to other sets I've had like soundmagic E10 & E30 and even the M50 which are closed back over ears, obviously not a direct comparison here.
I recommend that everyone start with the included bass ear tips, then tip roll from there. I’m using Final Type E tips with my set.

Nov 24, 2020 at 9:52 AM Post #842 of 1,292
I know they are not quite the same but I have a great doubt, for about the same amount would you buy an NM2 + or an AKG K371 over ear ??

Does anyone maybe have both for comparison?

I only have experience with iems and haven't tried any closed headphones yet.
The K371 might be more versatile due to tuning but the NM2+ has that "special sauce" that I found the K371 lacking. It was fine, good even, just nothing about it was anything special. If the edgy upper mids of the NM2+ don't bother you (or heck, if you even prefer that more energetic presentation) I would say the NM2+ is the better buy.

Nov 24, 2020 at 10:35 AM Post #843 of 1,292
I know they are not quite the same but I have a great doubt, for about the same amount would you buy an NM2 + or an AKG K371 over ear ??

Does anyone maybe have both for comparison?

I only have experience with iems and haven't tried any closed headphones yet.

Maybe I could help you. I have both.

Putting aside its type, the NM2+ has more listening time than my K371. I gifted the K371 to my wife now for her WFH usage.

Nov 24, 2020 at 10:43 AM Post #844 of 1,292
Price to performance ratio of the nm2+ is stellar! I honestly can't believe how a single DD in this price range has such capability. Best details, speed, clarity and stage I've heard yet from this type of driver and it gets further boosted with my 2 new cables in the os849 and ag8. Both add warmth and stage with the latter giving off some crazy sense of immersion! Also, the ag8 cable has slightly reduced the bass in favour of a more forward midrange that gives vocals even more attention. The os849 cable has the better decay speed and overall sounds more natural to me but I like both equally and are very complimentary.

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2020 at 10:44 AM Post #845 of 1,292
I recommend that everyone start with the included bass ear tips, then tip roll from there. I’m using Final Type E tips with my set.

I ended up with the Spiral Dot ++. Tips that I had rolled apart from the stock tips were: Spinfit CP360, AET06, Sony Triple Comfort, Final E-Series and the XELASTEC.

Nov 25, 2020 at 8:15 AM Post #846 of 1,292
Anyone who wants to hear what the bass on the NM2+ is capable of should listen to Kiiara's song 1% with them, just amazing in every way :)

@peter123 I wasn't aware you were onboard the NM2+ train too. I've always looked forward to your reviews and impressions on gears. I have known you since the early Havi B3 and Ttpod T1e days and your reviews have often been a deciding factor for my purchases. Consider me your fan. Haha

I recently ordered the NM2+ as well, which should arrive in a couple of weeks. Meanwhile, I'd be looking forward to your impressions on this iem. Cheers :)

Nov 25, 2020 at 5:30 PM Post #847 of 1,292
Hello guys, I reviewed and read the cable thread with mifi price, there are very good impressions of cables that could work for NM2 +, I am undecided between penon OS849 and CEMA PS series, I am more inclined to the second, I would like to know if someone already has it in your hands and can help us with your review.
Thanks for your time!

Nov 25, 2020 at 10:16 PM Post #848 of 1,292
Hello guys, I reviewed and read the cable thread with mifi price, there are very good impressions of cables that could work for NM2 +, I am undecided between penon OS849 and CEMA PS series, I am more inclined to the second, I would like to know if someone already has it in your hands and can help us with your review.
Thanks for your time!
The os849 cable sounds slightly more natural, smoother and a little bit more stage to my ears compared to the stock nm2+ cable. But my best cable to date is the isn ag8, after 2 days use the sound has filled out and you will notice much more expanded stage (crazy levels!) compared to the stock with more focus on the mids to treble areas. Touch of body and smoothness but highly detailed and slightly bright. Also when reading that thread I read one impression stating that the cema ps will lean out the mids a touch and I personally feel the nm2+ isn't the most natural sounding to begin with. After messaging cema they told me there is more solid materials used on there similar tianwaitian cable which offers a more fuller and powerful style compared to the cema ps. On a budget I'd choose os849 as it is alot cheaper then the rest but looking at all the impressions indicate that the tianwaitian cable is a game changer right now! I have just ordered them myself.

Nov 26, 2020 at 11:48 PM Post #850 of 1,292
In Aliexpress there is a new item from NfAudio its reference is Nf Audio NF2u. 2 BA.. 🤔
1298494863-1048704729.jpg

Nov 27, 2020 at 3:47 AM Post #851 of 1,292
Nov 27, 2020 at 3:53 PM Post #853 of 1,292
tansio.jpg

I just got the Tansio Mirai TSMR-5 and started listening to it.
Funnily I thought I was listening to the NM2+ after about 10 mins.
Put it down measured it and went to crinacle's site to confirm that they graph very similarly.
Pop back into my ears and enjoying it ever since. It does have all BA traits, faster transient, attack & decay and tiny bit of timbral coloration.
If you like NM2+,s signature and want more technicalities; TSMR-5 might be a good option.
With TSMR-5 you can adjust sound signature in 7 ways with 3 different switch settings as well.
I will do a formal comparison when I put more hours to it.

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2020 at 5:32 PM Post #854 of 1,292
I just got the Tansio Mirai TSMR-5 and started listening to it.
Funnily I thought I was listening to the NM2+ after about 10 mins.
Put it down measured it and went to crinacle's site to confirm that they graph very similarly.
Pop back into my ears and enjoying it ever since. It does have all BA traits, faster transient, attack & decay and tiny bit of timbral coloration.
If you like NM2+,s signature and want more technicalities; TSMR-5 might be a good option.
With TSMR-5 you can adjust sound signature in 7 ways with 3 different switch settings as well.
I will do a formal comparison when I put more hours to it.
Interesting. This prompted me to check a couple other graph comparisons.

A71BBAFD-97CF-4906-86AD-6689DF5D9F8C.jpeg
8B85AB35-189D-4DEB-A0CE-C7A7D9DE68C1.jpeg

Nov 27, 2020 at 7:22 PM Post #855 of 1,292
Interesting. This prompted me to check a couple other graph comparisons.

Aha! You must’ve purchased the S8Pro. Congrats! :beerchug:

Heard they are detail monsters and have amazing separations.. now I can see why with these graphs.

I am quite surprised by how TSMR-5 performs with a classical music. I have to really concentrate to find any faults. Very unique indeed since I can usually find a boatload of problem with BA only IEMs. Staring at you BA400.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back