NF Audio impression thread.
Jul 18, 2021 at 6:15 AM Post #1,201 of 1,292
I’m wondering if anyone here have both NM2 & NA2+?
I’d like to know how close or different these two are.
Thanks.
For my library, NM2 has better tonality, much more balance and enjoyable to listen to. Even the technical performance is fairly close in term of its dynamic, imaging and clarity. I supposed the NA2+ has better detail retrieval and soundstage width thru the boosted upper midrange and lower treble.

Jul 18, 2021 at 8:33 AM Post #1,202 of 1,292
For my library, NM2 has better tonality, much more balance and enjoyable to listen to. Even the technical performance is fairly close in term of its dynamic, imaging and clarity. I supposed the NA2+ has better detail retrieval and soundstage width thru the boosted upper midrange and lower treble.
Cheers @Audio Fun!
Interesting to know that NA2+ has better detail retrieval than the analytical NM2. A less intense upper mids and lower treble sounds great to me.
How about the bass between the two If you don’t mind?

Jul 18, 2021 at 8:43 AM Post #1,203 of 1,292
Cheers @Audio Fun!
Interesting to know that NA2+ has better detail retrieval than the analytical NM2. A less intense upper mids and lower treble sounds great to me.
How about the bass between the two If you don’t mind?
No worries!
Bass is generally meatier and softer with better texture and extended further on the NA2+, the bass is definitely a upgrade over the NM2.

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2021 at 8:58 AM Post #1,204 of 1,292
No worries!
Bass is generally meatier and softer with better texture and extended further on the NA2+, the bass is definitely a upgrade over the NM2.
So difficult to choose between the NM2, NM2+ and NA2+ :relaxed: as I’m after an analytical set with good lows. Cheers for your help once again!

Jul 18, 2021 at 9:10 AM Post #1,205 of 1,292
So difficult to choose between the NM2, NM2+ and NA2+ :relaxed: as I’m after an analytical set with good lows. Cheers for your help once again!
You can probably checkout the Panther audio D2X, I got one as a review unit, the bass is full bodies and it goes deep with fairly satisfying punch and slam. And the midrange detail is quite impressive with such a big bass, Although, the treble isn’t on an energetic/bright side.

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2021 at 9:34 PM Post #1,206 of 1,292
Has anyone directly compared the NM2+ and the Dunu EST112? Some descriptions of it's tone reminded me in of the NM2+, and I looked up Crinacle's graphs for comparison. Sure enough they have similarities, but the EST 112 has higher sub-bass and it's lower treble spike (which is bemoaned by some) is lower than the NM2+ (after an identical upper mids spike).

Graphs aside I wander what anyone's qualitative experience/comparisons are if they've tried both?

I do actually have an EST 112 on the way, but all the more reason for me to be fascinated while I wait!

Jul 18, 2021 at 10:04 PM Post #1,207 of 1,292
Has anyone directly compared the NM2+ and the Dunu EST112? Some descriptions of it's tone reminded me in of the NM2+, and I looked up Crinacle's graphs for comparison. Sure enough they have similarities, but the EST 112 has higher sub-bass and it's lower treble spike (which is bemoaned by some) is lower than the NM2+ (after an identical upper mids spike).

Graphs aside I wander what anyone's qualitative experience/comparisons are if they've tried both?

I do actually have an EST 112 on the way, but all the more reason for me to be fascinated while I wait!
EST112 has less V shape sound with smoother presentation and more laid back in upper mids and lower treble.

Jul 18, 2021 at 10:19 PM Post #1,208 of 1,292
EST112 has less V shape sound with smoother presentation and more laid back in upper mids and lower treble.
I've never thought of the NM2+ as V shaped, I rely on how unrecessed vocals/strings/woodwinds/brass/pipes etc are whenever the appear in a track. Not necessarily forward or always intimate, but never the least bit veiled no matter what else is going on.

All the more interested to compare, thanks for the reply!

Jul 18, 2021 at 11:23 PM Post #1,209 of 1,292
I've never thought of the NM2+ as V shaped, I rely on how unrecessed vocals/strings/woodwinds/brass/pipes etc are whenever the appear in a track. Not necessarily forward or always intimate, but never the least bit veiled no matter what else is going on.

All the more interested to compare, thanks for the reply!
True, NM2+is definitely not a V shape, what I mean is that it’s relatively V shape compare to 112.

Jul 19, 2021 at 2:53 AM Post #1,210 of 1,292
Hey guys, here is my take on the NF audio NA2+: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/nf-audio-na2.25291/reviews#review-26305
Even though I am not a big fan of this type of tuning, I still believe someone will be satisfy with how it sound and of course it’s impressive technical performance. Happy listening!

2E5BBB58-35E2-4F65-B55B-2DB5A518A27A.jpeg

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2021 at 10:25 AM Post #1,211 of 1,292
You can probably checkout the Panther audio D2X, I got one as a review unit, the bass is full bodies and it goes deep with fairly satisfying punch and slam. And the midrange detail is quite impressive with such a big bass, Although, the treble isn’t on an energetic/bright side.
Cheers for the recommendation!

Jul 21, 2021 at 8:42 PM Post #1,213 of 1,292
Hi folks.

Im just test the old Nf audio na2 and Im so impressed about bass quality and clarity.
Im thinking about get an iem of this brand, so could anyone tell me which are the pros and cons of rhe other models?

-Nm2
-Nm2+
-Na2+

Thanks!
Don’t have the NA2, but I can comment on those three IEMs listed.
In my opinion, the NA2+ is basically a better tuned NM2+ with less aggressive upper midrange and smoother lower treble with slightly more bass texture and fullness. So I won’t even take the NM2+ as the NA2+ released.

Compare the NM2 to NA2+:
Overall tonality
NM2: Well balanced U shape, smooth yet clear presentation.

NA2+ Relatively more neutral type of tone and tonality with vividly-ier presentation. focus on upper midrange and lower treble compare to NM2. “Less balanced” in my opinion.

Bass
More sub bass and mid bass quantity on the NM2, lead to overall fuller bass compare to NA2+. On other hand, NA2+ has better sense of texture and dynamic also sound softer and provided more natural decay speed compare to quicker decay NM2.

Mids
Both clear and fairly detailed or even a bit analytical. Lower midrange has less bodies with less lushness on NM2, more texture and also meatier on NA2+. Upper midrange on both are clear and lively yet well controlled, but NA2+ is more vividly and somehow aggressive and edgy.

Treble
Extension is better on NA2+
Smoother lower treble on NM2, edgier on NA2+, Upper treble has better sense of airiness and crispness on the NA2+.

Technical performance is fairly close, tad more detail and clarity by upper midrange boosted, better extension treble, overall dynamic, better bass texture. Other than that is similar.

Jul 22, 2021 at 5:57 AM Post #1,215 of 1,292
@Audio Fun thanks for responding. And nice review btw.
My doubt is between NA2 (the one that Ive tested and love that bass) & NM2

I don't know if I should go for the expensives "+" series... They seems to be more analitic
Thank you!! I hope I’m in my home country, so I can demo the NA2 for A/B with the NA2+ for you..
From what I know the bass has less quantity on the plus series, which is more focus on its quality, but unfortunately I have no idea how does the bass sound on the NA2. I believe @Dsnuts own a whole NF audio single DD series, you may want to ask him. And indeed, the plus series are even more analytical than no plus series.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back