Next ZEN CAN Signature edition! Which headphone's EQ Curve??? You decide.
Feb 17, 2021 at 9:50 AM Post #70 of 119
Well 99's are a real gem, especially for someone who enjoys deep bass with his music, for fun listening esentially. For their price and if properly managed, they can overdeliver and then some. I dedicated ton of time finetuning mine and on my gear, they are serious contest even for Empyreans with $500 cable. Ofc if I throw in some $2k+ dedicated amp, things would probably change, but this is my experience.
For critical/analytical listening, 99's are also not bad if little modded, because just stock they're not so airy and detail monster. I'd call them more dark and murky. But again, their potential is huge, if one gives them time to experiment with foam, pads, cables and feed them higher-tier DAC/AMP.

Maybe I missed this, but what pads are you using on your 99 Classics? Thanks!

Feb 17, 2021 at 11:03 AM Post #71 of 119
Thanks so much for your votes and feedback so far! We got a huge bump in votes over the whole day yesterday and that trend doesn't seem to be stopping :)

Feb 17, 2021 at 11:24 AM Post #72 of 119
I got the Empyreans and then the Classics right after my first taste of hfi (maybe midfi?) with the V-Moda brand no less than 3 months prior. By default (and other reasons) gonna always lean towards Meze. Irregardless, look forward to seeing what ends up being selected and what is made, I like audio-related stuff in general 🎃

Feb 17, 2021 at 12:36 PM Post #73 of 119
Maybe I missed this, but what pads are you using on your 99 Classics? Thanks!
Yaxi pads st2. Their sound signature changes a lot - more air & more details, but as I mentioned, I don't recommend them using much without EQ, since they have a lot of edge between 3-5 kHz. But for someone and some music, it could be okay, best is to try it yourself, it's not that much expensive after all...

Feb 17, 2021 at 12:37 PM Post #74 of 119
Yaxi pads st2. Their sound signature changes a lot - more air & more details, but as I mentioned, I don't recommend them using much without EQ, since they have a lot of edge between 3-5 kHz. But for someone and some music, it could be okay, best is to try it yourself, it's not that much expensive after all...

Cool. Thank you!

Feb 17, 2021 at 3:45 PM Post #75 of 119
DOWNLOADABLE EQ PROFILE PLEASE.

Why not design the next DAC/AMP with downloadable signature EQs for multiple popular headphones?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back