Next upgrade
Dec 31, 2008 at 10:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Mick

100+ Head-Fier
I'm looking for the next big thing to upgrade. Like my sig says I have an emu 0404(computer as source) to a glite(without psu), and using mostly the rs1 and 650s. I'm in a bit of a pickle as to what to throw my money at now, I'm leaning towards a cardas upgrade for the 650s, but whether that will make a difference with my source and amp, I'm not quite certain. I'm also considering an amp upgrade around $600 if there is anything a step up from the glite in that price range. Thanks in advance!

Dec 31, 2008 at 10:06 PM Post #2 of 4
Maybe the power supply for the Gilmore Lite?

If I were you I'd sell the Gilmore Lite and get a nice tubed amplifier.
icon10.gif

Dec 31, 2008 at 10:15 PM Post #3 of 4
For $600, you could comfortably score a Singlepower PPX3 or MAD Ear+ HD on the used markets here. Both will be a considerable step-up from your Gilmore Light, and both have solid synergy with RS-1s and HD-650s.

Unless your current Sennheiser cable is in some way damaged, I always recommend tackling source and amp upgrades before even considering a dive into boutique cabling.

Regards,
Nick

Jan 3, 2009 at 4:40 AM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by M0T0XGUY /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For $600, you could comfortably score a Singlepower PPX3 or MAD Ear+ HD on the used markets here. Both will be a considerable step-up from your Gilmore Light, and both have solid synergy with RS-1s and HD-650s.

Unless your current Sennheiser cable is in some way damaged, I always recommend tackling source and amp upgrades before even considering a dive into boutique cabling.

Regards,
Nick

Hehe... boutique...
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back