1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Next step forward from a Fiio e7/e9

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by sidneyfife, Sep 14, 2012.
  1. SidneyFife
    Hey guys, 

I'm new here and if there's a separate recommendations thread/forum and i'm being an ******* by posting this here, seriously sorry. 

Anyway, I have a fiio e7/e9 combo im using to power my Ultrasone Pro900s. I listen almost exclusively to electronic music (trance, house, electro) and am looking for the next logical step in upgrading the amp, DAC, or both. I have about $400 to spend, not including whatever I can squeak out of selling the e7 and/or e9. 

Any recommendations? Thanks!

EventVista likes this.
  2. Lord Voldemort
    Quote:
    You will be severely disappointed upgrading your amp / dac. The differences you will hear will be very subtle, especially under a blind test. 

Be wise and if you are really willing to spend that $400, I recommend you look into trying out new headphones. 

3. James66
    If you like the Fiio sound just switch out the 7 for the Alpen (e17) , I had the E7/E9 combo and got the Alpen it makes a huge difference and if you sell the e7 for city you'll only be out a hundred.