Next SetUp after Audio Technica ATH-M50X and FiiO E17K.

1. Kryz1986
    Hey Head-Fi Community,
    I'm new to the forum as my interest for audiophile quality has recently developed.

My current set up as the title states is the Audio Technica ATH-M50X and FiiO E17K that's connected via USB to my PC which I love however I'd like a different listening experience to work in contrast with this current one.

I'm looking at headphones with wider soundstage and imaging...are Open-Backed the way to go?

I'm on a budget and cannot spend thousands of dollars on audio equipment though.
    I could possibly spend $500.00 - $600.00 on a new headphone and dac/amp combination.

Any and all suggestions are welcomed.

Thanks,
    Kryz1986

Last edited: Jul 7, 2018
  2. Rhamnetin
    Are there any specific attributes about the M50X that you'd like improved upon?

Otherwise, I would suggest either the ZMF Classic or Argon MK3, a Schiit Modi 2 or ODAC, and either a Schiit Magni 3 or Objective2 amp.

3. khayo
    That was my first setup! I moved on to HD600 and O2/ODAC so that might be a worthwhile next step!

4. ProtegeManiac Contributor
    HiFiMan HE400S ($200 on Amazon) or AKG K702 (under $220 on Amazon) and an AudioGD NFB-11 ($370+shipping, maybe tariffs).

5. Me x3
    You should consider the Beyerdynamic DT1990 PRO and Beyerdynamic Amiron
    Amiron is warmer and more easy going, while DT1990 PRO is just a tad faster and more analytical.