Next DC/VA/Balt/Penn meet Sat. June 5, 1 pm
May 8, 2004 at 2:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 102

Hirsch

Why is there a chaplain standing over his wallet?
EDIT: The poll was closed because the meet has already been scheduled. Read further down...

I'd like to know when people would like another meet in the DC area. I've been having fun hosting them and will be happy to continue hosting as long as they fit in my place. My schedule is such that I'm available until the first weekend in June. After that, I'm undergoing a medical procedure, and will likely not be available until August at the earliest. So, we can try for an early June meet, or wait until later in the summer. Or, we can do it in between, but somewhere besides my place.

Also, for those interested in DC area Head-Fi events, I'm thinking that a mailing list might be a good idea. That way, you'll receive info of upcoming meets even if you don't read the Meetings Forum regularly. I'll see how many people respond. To get on the DC area Meet list, please send an e-mail to me at moehoward9000@mindspring.com . This account uses heavy spam filtering (as does any address that I post publicly), so please put "HEAD-FI MEETS" in the subject line so that I can get it past my spam filters.

May 8, 2004 at 10:11 PM Post #2 of 102
I voted for early June b/c I'll be leaving the US - permanently I think - at the end of June.

But of course, if that doesn't work out, I see if I can get some interest in a mini-meet in the DC metropolitan area.

May 8, 2004 at 10:56 PM Post #3 of 102
I voted early June. I'll be at my parents' house on June 1st, and returning to CA on June 10th. That gives me a very small window to stop by. If there's no meet, I'll just stop by and spend some time with Hirsch before his medical procedure.

I will only have a Total BitHead with me, but if my dad gets any gear, and if it's needed, I can talk him into loaning it to me for a few hours for the meet.

May 8, 2004 at 11:05 PM Post #4 of 102
I also think early June sounds good. I didnt get a chance to make it to the last one, and have been waiting for my next chance.

May 8, 2004 at 11:06 PM Post #5 of 102
I voted mid august since the big NY meet is at the end of May and early june would be very close. Doug, It would be very cool to meet you in June though.

May 8, 2004 at 11:12 PM Post #6 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by Canman
Doug, It would be very cool to meet you in June though.

Thanks. I'm more interested in talking with the people on this forum more than listening to more gear. It's more fun and interesting getting to know you guys than listen to gear anyway, and meets like this are the best place to talk to several people in one day.

May 8, 2004 at 11:23 PM Post #7 of 102
I'm voting for early June as well, because I'll be back to Illinois around mid-August. I'll be in Maryland from May 15th to about August 15th. If there is a meet in August, I'd be more likely to have a DIY cd player built, but that's unlikely to happen by early June.

May 8, 2004 at 11:23 PM Post #8 of 102
I can finally meet the "mystery" men & women behind the screen names. Hope everyone groom themselves prim & proper. First impressions last.
biggrin.gif

May 8, 2004 at 11:29 PM Post #9 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ticky
I can finally meet the "mystery" men & women behind the screen names. Hope everyone groom themselves prim & proper. First impressions last.
biggrin.gif

Breath mints coming in a close second for what's needed to not leave a bad impression.

May 9, 2004 at 2:26 PM Post #10 of 102
Since Doug is only going to have a small window of opportunity, and would like to meet fellow Head-Fi'ers I'm going to make a quick decision and set up a meet for Saturday, June 5, 1pm. It's close to the NY meet, but I know Doug would like the opportunity to meet other Head-Fi members. We can also consider another one to occur in later summer or in the fall.

I've closed the poll, since a decision was made, but feel free to post other ideas/times/etc. in the thread.

May 9, 2004 at 6:21 PM Post #11 of 102
Hmmm, any chance of a meet being set up in DC towards the end of the summer as well? I'm just thinking. . . I have a graduation party of a very close friend that day. . . although I might be able to make it, since school will be out and all. Any Pittsburghers interested in car pooling down?

May 9, 2004 at 6:28 PM Post #12 of 102
That day/time should work for me, though I'll have to leave at around 4pm due to a prior engagement. Should be nice to finally get to an official Maryland meet. ^_^

May 10, 2004 at 1:59 AM Post #13 of 102
I'll greatly appreciate it if anyone living in the DC area or is passing by the DC area is willing to give me a ride to Hirsch's place. I don't have a car and I'm not used to driving on the right side.

Otherwise, I'll come up with something.

Hopefully, I should get my modded CI Audio DAC back from Dusty by that late May. I'll bring it to the meet. Other equipments are run of the mill: HR-2, TBH, HD 600 and Etys 4s.

May 10, 2004 at 2:42 AM Post #14 of 102
I'm in! Sad that I missed the last meet, but now I'm pumped for this one. I'll be there with ATH-W100s on
smily_headphones1.gif

EDIT: I'd be happy to give someone a ride if needed (Ticky?). Just PM me. I have limited car space (3 passengers). I live in the NorthEast corner of the DC metro area in Greenbelt, MD.

May 10, 2004 at 3:13 AM Post #15 of 102
Wow, thanks Hirsch. I'll be there no matter what. I'll let the folks know not to plan a cookout or anything until that evening, and count on me being gone until close to 6pm or later.

Man, I'm looking forward to meeting some of the head-fi gang from my old stomping grounds there in MD. I was born at Holy Cross and spent the first 18 years in MD before joining the Navy. It's good to visit the old neighborhood, and throwing in a head-fi meet is simply too much. See you guys there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back