Next DC/VA/Balt/Penn meet Sat. June 5, 1 pm
May 30, 2004 at 12:17 AM Post #77 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by mkmelt
If there is any interest, I can be persuaded to bring my Ampex reel to reel tape deck and some factory reel tapes. I have a wide range of factory reel tapes I can bring by 60s and 70s artists including: Beatles, Stones, Doors, Who, Hendrix, Tull, Dead, and other artists.

a reel tape/vinyl comparison would be awesome if the scout is ready to spin. on lp i know hirsch has electric ladyland and possibly are you experienced. i would love to hear the hendrix and any jazz you might have. you know, because there just isn't going to be enough to listen to at this meet as it is
smily_headphones1.gif

May 30, 2004 at 3:30 PM Post #78 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by rhizome
a reel tape/vinyl comparison would be awesome if the scout is ready to spin. on lp i know hirsch has electric ladyland and possibly are you experienced. i would love to hear the hendrix and any jazz you might have. you know, because there just isn't going to be enough to listen to at this meet as it is
smily_headphones1.gif

I was using the Scout yesterday, and it's up and ready to go. Logistically, it would be difficult to get a tape player into that setup though.

May 30, 2004 at 5:20 PM Post #79 of 102
I just heard from Craig at Eddie Current, and he will not be able to supply an amp for the meet. His first priority is to fulfill his outstanding orders.

May 30, 2004 at 9:09 PM Post #80 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hirsch
I just heard from Craig at Eddie Current, and he will not be able to supply an amp for the meet. His first priority is to fulfill his outstanding orders.

Bummer. To make up for it, as long as there are no problems with shipping I should have a Headamp KGSS for the meet.

May 31, 2004 at 12:43 AM Post #81 of 102
Is anyone else taking the metro up to Hirsch's place? I live in DC and would be taking the train up. Would be nice to have another person to help figure out the directions on foot. The distance Hrisch indicated seems do-able on foot.

PM me if you are coming via metro.

May 31, 2004 at 3:03 AM Post #82 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ticky
PM me if you are coming via metro.

Anyone who does come by Metro need only call from the Twinbrook stop, and someone will be there in about ten minutes to pick you up. The best place is the Parklawn Drive side of the stop (go left after you go through the exit gate).

May 31, 2004 at 4:01 PM Post #84 of 102
Possible appearances, if the person who has them can make it (He's going to try):

Gilmore Balanced Reference amp
Blue Hawaii

May 31, 2004 at 8:15 PM Post #85 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hirsch
Possible appearances, if the person who has them can make it (He's going to try):

Gilmore Balanced Reference amp
Blue Hawaii

Man, I hope this person can make it.

Jun 3, 2004 at 3:13 AM Post #88 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by BDA_ABAT
Sounds like this should be quite a meet!

Bruce, sorry you won't be able to come. This is shaping up to be the largest meet I've held here. It's going to be a blast!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back