Newspaper front page news ~ Are headphones escape from reality or death trap?
Nov 10, 2011 at 12:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 67

Gwarmi

Headphoneus Supremus

Believe it or not this made the front page from theage.com.au today ~ the most popular newspaper in Melbourne.

I love this quote though.

He admits that, like any status symbol, headphone wearers get judged on their brand - with
homage paid to high-end cans. 

''I have a certain level of respect for someone wearing a set of Bose that can cost up to $599;
I'd assume they must be really into their music."

http://www.theage.com.au/digital-life/mp3s/ear-gear-an-escape-from-reality-or-death-trap-20111109-1n60o.html

Nov 10, 2011 at 12:53 AM Post #2 of 67
 I don't want to live on this planet anymore
triportsad.gif

"A pair of Bose that can cost up to 599 dollars?" What kind of Bose headphones would cost that much? And if they cost that much, why not get something else?

Besides that, that story was kind of interesting, but played up a lot in the "death trap" department.

Nov 10, 2011 at 1:07 AM Post #3 of 67

Quote:
 I don't want to live on this planet anymore
triportsad.gif

"A pair of Bose that can cost up to 599 dollars?" What kind of Bose headphones would cost that much? And if they cost that much, why not get something else?

Besides that, that story was kind of interesting, but played up a lot in the "death trap" department.

Things in australia are jacked sky high. This is due to their high minimum wage.

Nov 10, 2011 at 1:11 AM Post #4 of 67
We get screwed on everything...

Want a top of the tree example?

The STAX SR-009 ~ an impossible feat for most to reach at $5000USD right.

Try paying $7,199AUD retail.

Nov 10, 2011 at 1:11 AM Post #5 of 67
bose killed the article.
mad.gif

Nov 10, 2011 at 1:14 AM Post #6 of 67

Quote:
We get screwed on everything...

Want a top of the tree example?

The STAX SR-009 ~ an impossible feat for most to reach at $5000USD right.

Try paying $7,199AUD retail.

Yes but you do have a higher minimum wage to make up for it. In the usa their minimum wage is incredibly low.

Nov 10, 2011 at 1:19 AM Post #7 of 67
Nice article covering alot of angles. It was interesting seeing what people outside of Head-Fi consider the "in thing" when it comes to headphones which in this case is Bose. The Head-Fi crowd might be smaller then i realise. Must-stop-self-from--feeling---special.

Nov 10, 2011 at 1:43 AM Post #10 of 67

Quote:
So tempted to correct all the little factual errors in the article. 100GB iPod? HD 25-II? Meh.

I'm more afraid of the comments in which people were calling sennheiser overpriced.

Nov 10, 2011 at 2:29 AM Post #12 of 67
That pulled up the mobile :)() version and I couldn't find an email address for the author.

One of you ought to drop her a note and invite her to visit Head-Fi so she can see how deep the rabbit hole goes. :)

Nov 10, 2011 at 2:41 AM Post #14 of 67

Quote:
That pulled up the mobile (
frown.gif
) version and I couldn't find an email address for the author.
One of you ought to drop her a note and invite her to visit Head-Fi so she can see how deep the rabbit hole goes.
smily_headphones1.gif

Done! 
biggrin.gif

Here's a transcript :-

"Dear Katie,

Like many headphone aficionados today I was taken aback by the unexpected front page exposure of your article
relating to this little hobby of ours.

Please feel free to visit the largest community on the web today over at Head-Fi (US based)
if you wish to find out more.

Here is a direct link to your article which has already created some robust discussion to say
the least!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back