Newsmy G1 Pocket Lossless Player
May 26, 2015 at 12:17 PM Post #61 of 122
please tell me what are you interested in currently ?

I'm pretty much ok for DAP's atm, partly why when this G1 fell through I didn't mind.

My choice for budget players would be XDuoo X2, FiiO X1, and on newer firmware (particularly v1.6.0) I'll call iBasso DX50 my current sweet spot in price/performance. Soon I'll have X3K added to my collection which I have not heard yet.

I was hoping G1 may be a good Colorfly C3 alternative (which is great sounding) but it's pretty much confirmed for me it isn't.

Jun 4, 2015 at 10:02 AM Post #62 of 122
Not entirely unrelated news - I just picked up the Moonlight Z1 as I saw it was on discount on its official TaoBao store with $16 off, at a total of only about $64. AT worst, it will still serve as a decent burn-in source for my IEM. Will report back how it sounds once I received it.

Jun 4, 2015 at 11:00 AM Post #63 of 122
Not entirely unrelated news - I just picked up the Moonlight Z1 as I saw it was on discount on its official TaoBao store with $16 off, at a total of only about $64. AT worst, it will still serve as a decent burn-in source for my IEM. Will report back how it sounds once I received it.

See how you go mate, if you like it enough I'll reconsider. I just don't need anymore DAP's gathering dust.

Jun 11, 2015 at 11:10 AM Post #65 of 122
Just got the Z1 - surprising, it is also running on a pair of OPA2134 (instead of the National opamp Aigo showed in its ads, though they never did say which opamp they used so I can't fault them for that). As far as first impression goes - I'll say it is pretty much a ColorFly C3 with more power. It has mostly the same cleanness but with a nicer / fuller lower end, no doubt a sign of higher current output. It is also small than an C4 actually. I won't say it beats FiiO X1 overall, but it is pretty close. 

Jun 11, 2015 at 12:46 PM Post #66 of 122
  Just got the Z1 - surprising, it is also running on a pair of OPA2134 (instead of the National opamp Aigo showed in its ads, though they never did say which opamp they used so I can't fault them for that). As far as first impression goes - I'll say it is pretty much a ColorFly C4 with more power. It has mostly the same cleanness but with a nicer / fuller lower end, no doubt a sign of higher current output. It is also small than an C4 actually. I won't say it beats FiiO X1 overall, but it is pretty close. 

Noise for low impedance earphones? Armature drivers?

Jun 11, 2015 at 1:00 PM Post #67 of 122
  Noise for low impedance earphones? Armature drivers?

Haven't noticed any noise on my Shure SE530, so that's a good sign. As for whether it will be good for BA, will need to make a measurement when I have the time. But given the output are a pair of OPA2134, it is likely to be fine.

Jun 11, 2015 at 1:03 PM Post #68 of 122
  Just got the Z1 - surprising, it is also running on a pair of OPA2134 (instead of the National opamp Aigo showed in its ads, though they never did say which opamp they used so I can't fault them for that). As far as first impression goes - I'll say it is pretty much a ColorFly C4 with more power. It has mostly the same cleanness but with a nicer / fuller lower end, no doubt a sign of higher current output. It is also small than an C4 actually. I won't say it beats FiiO X1 overall, but it is pretty close. 

Mini Colorfly C4 really? Wow are they that good? Can you share the Taobao link please?

Jun 11, 2015 at 3:15 PM Post #72 of 122

Mini Colorfly C4 really? Wow are they that good? Can you share the Taobao link please?

Got it from aigo's official TaoBao store. The official price is RMB499 (about USD80+), but right now they have a promotion (till end of July) with RMB100 off and that comes down to around US$64. If it is full price, I think you might as well spend just a little more for X1. But at $64, it is really not a bad deal on its own, especially if you are not looking for anything beyond Red Book standard.

Jun 11, 2015 at 4:47 PM Post #73 of 122

Got it from aigo's official TaoBao store. The official price is RMB499 (about USD80+), but right now they have a promotion (till end of July) with RMB100 off and that comes down to around US$64. If it is full price, I think you might as well spend just a little more for X1. But at $64, it is really not a bad deal on its own, especially if you are not looking for anything beyond Red Book standard.

Thank you.

Jun 12, 2015 at 10:18 AM Post #74 of 122

So you like it ClieOS? Sounds a little like Colorfly C3 (not C4?) More power is always good as C3 did lack a little.

What about the levels of detail soundstage and separation? These were strong points for me with the little C3.

Jun 12, 2015 at 12:21 PM Post #75 of 122

So you like it ClieOS? Sounds a little like Colorfly C3 (not C4?) More power is always good as C3 did lack a little.

What about the levels of detail soundstage and separation? These were strong points for me with the little C3.

C3 - yes, you are right. I always make the mistake of writing C4 when I mean C3. Sorry about that.

As I mentioned, it sounds very much like a C3 with more power, and that's the only real complaint I have with C3 in general. I'll say soundstage and separation remain quite good on the Z1. Because it has more power, it has better lower end texture than C3, which gives it a fuller sound - and that cuts just a tiny bit of the soundstage off. But I will still call it really good overall. It is the one area that I think it does beat X1 (which has a more 'rounded' soundstage).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back