news on iPod
Mar 21, 2006 at 6:52 PM Post #2 of 11
Bluetooth headphones? If that happens, there really will be no chance of the iPod ever again being a legitimate contender for a quality DAP. I know it would likely still have a regular headphone out, but just the inclusion of Bluetooth for headphones reveals Apple's priorities. I can't say I would blame them though, as the mainstream would eat this up.

Mar 21, 2006 at 7:10 PM Post #4 of 11
Ewwww Bluetooth iBuds
confused.gif

Mar 21, 2006 at 7:12 PM Post #5 of 11
is it possible to get an audiophile-quality wireless headphone? or at least something running off bluetooth that won't make us scream in agony when we're walking around with an ipod?

Mar 21, 2006 at 7:54 PM Post #6 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
is it possible to get an audiophile-quality wireless headphone? or at least something running off bluetooth that won't make us scream in agony when we're walking around with an ipod?

You mean without bandwidth issues, without battery-time issues? Basically you would want to have a receiver small box that you can hook up the phones of your liking to, I would guess.

Mar 21, 2006 at 8:07 PM Post #7 of 11
I just hope that when this is released, Apple goes back and puts out a real music iPod again. Something priced between a nano and the video iPods that offers the capacity of the video iPods without all the extra gimmicks. Cut the video crap, use a smaller screen, and make up for those missing features in reduced size and price.

Mar 21, 2006 at 8:17 PM Post #8 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by rhythmicmoose
I just hope that when this is released, Apple goes back and puts out a real music iPod again. Something priced between a nano and the video iPods that offers the capacity of the video iPods without all the extra gimmicks. Cut the video crap, use a smaller screen, and make up for those missing features in reduced size and price.

I'm with you there. Also if they seriously release a touchscreen ipod you cant use any protection, except maybe something like IS, which is a big big pain to apply.. Really nice to watch videos from a heavily scratched screen
confused.gif
I'll skip that and keep my 5g until there's another music ipod.
biggrin.gif

Mar 21, 2006 at 8:20 PM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by rhythmicmoose

man.. i don;'t think that'll ever happen. the ones who actually care about music quality prob makes up <1% of all ipod users (just think about how many ppl use ipod earbuds vs. upgraded headphones on the streets). It wouldn't make sense for apple to invest any $ to tailor such a small market.

Mar 21, 2006 at 10:24 PM Post #10 of 11
Bluetooth bandwidth is not very good. There was talk initially that stereo music, unless highly compressed would not be doable at all via BT.

That was a couple of years ago though, compression algorithms and implementation may have improved.

I suspect that stereo thru BT will not be audiophile quality, at least not in the near future.

Mar 22, 2006 at 1:23 AM Post #11 of 11
I wish this meant we'd be able to pick up 60gb iPods for cheap when they get discontinued, but that hasn't historically been the case.

Alternatively, if the new one has a bigger HD, and still has a line out, I'll go for one of those.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back